Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Wheat Kings Regular Season

Default 2016 Wheat Kings Regular Season

Time to move on to a reg season thread, Portland should be a tough test tomorrow. Go Wheaties

Anybody have any thoughts on what they will do with the open Import spot. Will they fill it or not. It would be nice if they could get a import dman but don't think any are available. Brooks going back to Regina makes them super dangerous now.

Yes they will be a very good test.Hope we come out on fire. Don't suppose Duke will be back for this game? I am not sure if there are any imports out there that are not playing. Portland has 3 imports, but one is a 20 year old forward. Don't think the WK would be interested in this player as it would mean moving 2 20's. Very difficult to do. Also we really need Papirny, Duke, and Coulter. Maybe we could get one of their new imports instead---one a d-man and one a forward.?
    Last edited by booboo; 10-10-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Do any of you honestly think there is a chance that Campbell is not the odd man out? He has been brutal this year. He is so slow and he slows down anybody that plays with him. I am not sure how he is even getting the ice time he is now. This is the year of getting the young guys lots of ice. #7 Bukac has looked bad on defense. He pinches at the wrong times and his defense partner never seems to cover for him when he does it. I think this is more of a coaching problem on the defense. The breakout timing is off as well and that is on the forwards. They are not supporting the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slurpee View Post
    Do any of you honestly think there is a chance that Campbell is not the odd man out? He has been brutal this year. He is so slow and he slows down anybody that plays with him. I am not sure how he is even getting the ice time he is now. This is the year of getting the young guys lots of ice. #7 Bukac has looked bad on defense. He pinches at the wrong times and his defense partner never seems to cover for him when he does it. I think this is more of a coaching problem on the defense. The breakout timing is off as well and that is on the forwards. They are not supporting the defense.
    As long as Duke has a half decent attitude, then he is obviously the guy instead of Campbell. If he had a bad attitude, then maybe a trade is in order. The only chance Campbell has of staying is if he is a good dressing room/ team leader and helps lead the very young team Bdn has
    I don't mind Bukac at all, he reminds me of Zbrosky (sp) in his first year in Regina. Our defence has coped incredibly well considering the total lack of experience, and will only improve when shearer and clague return
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    As long as Duke has a half decent attitude, then he is obviously the guy instead of Campbell. If he had a bad attitude, then maybe a trade is in order. The only chance Campbell has of staying is if he is a good dressing room/ team leader and helps lead the very young team Bdn has
    I don't mind Bukac at all, he reminds me of Zbrosky (sp) in his first year in Regina. Our defence has coped incredibly well considering the total lack of experience, and will only improve when shearer and clague return
    Bukac is a rookie also playing his first season in North America. He will come around. My OA prediction is that at the deadline Campbell will be released. He may get claimed on waivers but I highly doubt anyone will trade for him.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Portland is a test to nothing , sorry they suck this year their draft punishment is catching up with them

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clark3 View Post
    Portland is a test to nothing , sorry they suck this year their draft punishment is catching up with them
    They lost alot from last year. Haven't heard if Duke is back for tonight yet. I hope the boys are ready tonight, and hoping Patrick is good to go as well.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Sorry let me rephrase my last post . Portland is not the team they have been in the past they are on top now but have games in hand , they are mid calibre at best . imo

Very disappointing game tonight vs Portland. Gave up 5 PP goals. Very poor defensive zone coverage----mediocre goaltending to be sure and very undisciplined play. Duke will certainly help the team as now they have two legitimate lines. Defensive play took a step backwards tonight. Noticed some terrible passing tonight with passes hitting skates, passes behind guys and over passing. Yikes! This needs to be cleaned up. Had enough offence tonight to win but could not do much on the PK. Worse game I've seen Patrick play in a long time. Seemed hesitant and tried to do much on his own. Things will improve I'm sure but very frustrating night tonight. Reffing again was brutal tonight. Bloski and Scrivens who both have been in the league for a number of years and still can't do an adequate job.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-11-2016 at 09:37 PM.