Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Wheat Kings Regular Season

Well the refs called 18 penalties which is far too many, but Bdn is going to have to shake the habit of team leaders taking so many weak penalties, here's looking at you Nolan Patrick, Tyler coulter and tanner kaspick.
    Bdn were actually decent 5 on 5 tonight, especially considering they have 2 AAA dmen, an MJHL dman and a rookie Euro on the blueline. Portlands PP made Bdns look terrible and slow.
    I have to say that Nolan Patrick does not look like a number one pick at the moment. He is trying to do way too much on his own, too many soft drop passes make him easy to play against. The upside of Patrick under achieving is that we will get a fourth season out of him at this rate! I'd put mcorrisster and Dailey Down lines where they can just grind, anholt needs to move up to a skill line as does Lewis.
    I don't mind 21, 19, 27
    14, 16, 12
    26, 24, 13
    11, 23, 18
    I stand by my prediction that this is a retool year but no one will want to play Bdn in the playoffs. Next two years look to be good teams after this season
    Players need to stop the parade to the penalty box, players need to work harder on special teams, and this season won't be boring to watch!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Not too bad of a game. Put a few pucks in the net, let in more. Our defense is probably the main reason we lost this game and probably be many more like it. From what I have seen , Jameson and Sambrook are not ready for this league yet and the rest are 3-6 dmen. When healthy, maybe Clague and Shearer are 1-2 dmen, maybe not. I think we need to find another dman from somewhere regardless for depth. Or , I guess we ride this out, and struggle in the meantime, could be a long ride. On the bright side, with Duke back , I think we become a more decent 3 line hockey club.

Quote Originally Posted by olwpgjet View Post
    Not too bad of a game. Put a few pucks in the net, let in more. Our defense is probably the main reason we lost this game and probably be many more like it. From what I have seen , Jameson and Sambrook are not ready for this league yet and the rest are 3-6 dmen. When healthy, maybe Clague and Shearer are 1-2 dmen, maybe not. I think we need to find another dman from somewhere regardless for depth. Or , I guess we ride this out, and struggle in the meantime, could be a long ride. On the bright side, with Duke back , I think we become a more decent 3 line hockey club.
    This team with gourley, Mitchell and comrie on defence would look so different. Too bad klippenstein didn't realize these guys were going to play NCAA
    Anyone got timelines on shearer and clague returns? As soon as they are back I can see wytinck and Jameson out
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

One thing for everyone to remember before they get too upset with this team. Lack of experience on the blue line is huge, it's not the dmens fault they are learning too play on the ice at this level.
    When Bdn finished the playoffs last season, their regular 6 dmen had 1206 WHL games between them.
    At the start of the season, the 6 guys we have on defence (without shearer and clague) had 230 WHL games between them. So down from 200 games experience per player to about 38 games of experience per player. When you look at it that way, it's pretty amazing Bdn has even been close to playing .500. It also tells me that things are going yo get quite a bit better as these guys get experience, and as shearer and clague are added back into the lineup

I agree Sambrook is not physically ready for this league send him to the MJ for the year . He will be a better player for next year. And am my the only one that doesn't understand why 26 is on the power play ? He is not a real offensive guy . He's a energy guy. I would rather Reinhardt be on the power play. I sure like that kid . I think he's going to be a stud in a year or 2 . It tells you the state of your defence when your killing a 5-3 and you are using 2 forwards and 1 d.

Should never score 6 goals and lose a gpame! A .777 goaltending performance? From a 20 yr old?? And people slag Campbell for not pulling his weight as a 20 yr old!! Portland has a very good PP and you need your goalie to be your best penalty killer...he wasn't. Funny thing, no game highlights video on the team site? LOL
    Last edited by Wannago; 10-12-2016 at 06:37 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    Should never score 6 goals and lose a gpame! A .777 goaltending performance? From a 20 yr old?? And people slag Campbell for not pulling his weight as a 20 yr old!! Portland has a very good PP and you need your goalie to be your best penalty killer...he wasn't. Funny thing, no game highlights video on the team site? LOL
    It definitely wasn't Papirny's best game. But he also didn't get alot of help. Too bad the boys assumed the game was over after the 1st period. We seem to always have a few games like this early in the season. I'm confident that they'll get it going soon enough.
    @Wheatiemaniac on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    Comparing him to Campbell for not pulling his weight as a 20 year old. Do you go to any games? Maybe a little more ordinary game last night from Papirny but has been outstanding in the other games I have seen. There is only so much you can put on the goalie and both goalies have not been the weak link this year. Defense, being out of position or being skated around like pylons, passing into the feet, has been a lot bigger problem to date which , if we go with the rookie defense, it will just be something we have to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by olwpgjet View Post
    Comparing him to Campbell for not pulling his weight as a 20 year old. Do you go to any games? Maybe a little more ordinary game last night from Papirny but has been outstanding in the other games I have seen. There is only so much you can put on the goalie and both goalies have not been the weak link this year. Defense, being out of position or being skated around like pylons, passing into the feet, has been a lot bigger problem to date which , if we go with the rookie defense, it will just be something we have to live with.
    He was clearly off and still they left him in after SIX goals against! Reminds me of the Memorial Cup when they left him in for SEVEN. If they changed him after 4 or even 5 they would have won this game. Sure both goalies are gonna face a lot of rubber this year, but they need to be up to the challenge and if they aren't, put the other guy in. Will be curious to see if they reward Papirny with another start on Friday. Most teams players have to EARN their icetime!
    Last edited by Wannago; 10-12-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    I agree Sambrook is not physically ready for this league send him to the MJ for the year . He will be a better player for next year. And am my the only one that doesn't understand why 26 is on the power play ? He is not a real offensive guy . He's a energy guy. I would rather Reinhardt be on the power play. I sure like that kid . I think he's going to be a stud in a year or 2 . It tells you the state of your defence when your killing a 5-3 and you are using 2 forwards and 1 d.
    Wow. Pretty judgey on that Sambrook kid. He the only d man identifying the centre curling high and hitting him with the pass. Lots of shorter passes are finding skates or worse. He don't look like Brandon's weak link. Too many other D think they can skate it out like peewee hockey.
    20 penalties in 2 games is where I'd start adjusting things. That kid is the type of D that starts the play and gives his team a chance to score but one touch before the second assist. He carries a long stick that he gets in traffic lanes.
    I don't think any young guys should be reassigned but if you want to send someone down how about Daley. Talk about doing nothing. There's a guy struggling.