Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Wheat Kings Regular Season

Well it's starting to be a concerning trend that 2 prospects that would not report been traded in the last week are reporting to there new team . Ouch

Wow! Goethals traded to Everett for a low draft pick. What us going on here? He does not want to play in Brandon but will report to Everett???? Disturbing trend developing here?.?

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Wow! Goethals traded to Everett for a low draft pick. What us going on here? He does not want to play in Brandon but will report to Everett???? Disturbing trend developing here?.?
    What bothers me about this is an 8th round pick.... Some teams last year didnt even draft that late. They should have opted to get nothing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slurpee View Post
    What bothers me about this is an 8th round pick.... Some teams last year didnt even draft that late. They should have opted to get nothing for him.
    Seems like a small return for a player with Goethals potential. On the surface this trade sucks, but there may be other factors at play here. I hope we soon find out the reasoning for this transaction.

Mattson as well didn't even give Brandon a chance now he's in Kelowna.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Mattson as well didn't even give Brandon a chance now he's in Kelowna.
    That's right, I forgot about him. The WK lose 3 d-men to the NCCA, as well Mattson and Goethals don't sign and get traded away for a bag of pucks, the Tnompson boys saga(obtained for 2 players who would not report)and then both released. The import Swede who was drafted in the import draft and did not report. I am not liking what is happening here. What are we doing wrong?

First off, Brandon the city isn't the greatest location for kids to want to play.
    I think also klippenstein must not have been as good as the old head scout in understanding which players were likely to want to play in Bdn, seems to be more hold outs lately. I'm not sure how good Goethals can be, so not sure if it's a good trade, but I'd be willing to trade Mitchell and gourley for good prospects and picks if it's clear they won't report here
    Last edited by sbtatter; 10-12-2016 at 11:52 PM.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    First off, Brandon the city isn't the greatest location for kids to want to play.
    I think also klippenstein must not have been as good as the old head scout in understanding which players were likely to want to play in Bdn, seems to be more hold outs lately. I'm not sure how good Goethals can be, so not sure if it's a good trade, but I'd be willing to trade Mitchell and gourley for good prospects and picks if it's clear they won't report here
    A Manitoba kid would sooner play in Everett than Brandon? I have a hard time buying that. It does appear that the scouting staff has not been having trouble getting commitments from some of the prospects. Really kids do not want to play in Brandon----also hard to swallow as their program is one of the best in the WHL.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    A Manitoba kid would sooner play in Everett than Brandon? I have a hard time buying that. It does appear that the scouting staff has not been having trouble getting commitments from some of the prospects. Really kids do not want to play in Brandon----also hard to swallow as their program is one of the best in the WHL.
    I don't know, I figure most Westman kids would be fine playing here, but an older kid who doesn't have school to consider, why wouldn't you want to try living somewhere completely different like Kelowna or Everett? Depends on the individual I think. Is Brandon's program one of the best in the WHL for developing players who aren't the stars? I'm not sure about that, look at Kuczek, Nikkel, Matsuba, pankewicz who all rotted playing 3 minutes a game as fourth line wingers instead of being properly developed on defence. If I was parent of an average prospect, I would think hard about sending them to Bdn. If my kid was a top prospect, I'd send them to Bdn in a heartbeat because the top prospects get lots of ice time and preferential treatment. It's happening right now, no way Dailey should be playing third line ahead of anholt.....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I posted in the preseason thread why players/families don't want to play in Brandon, and everyone poopoo'd my post. Yet they just keep not showing up. The fact that even the MB kids won't report but will sign on the other side of the league as far from home as possible is really telling, because at that point you know it's an organizational issue...and probably not the scouting department's fault.

/shrug