Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62

Thread: 2016 Wheat Kings Regular Season

Anthony Kehrer from Winnipeg in the 2nd as well. If they get both of these guys to report we will have done very well in this draft

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    Well they took a gamble with Iorio. First round guy but a college possibility for sure
    I thought I read somewhere that he was committed to the WHL. 2 d-men picked after the forward. Both defenceman were highly ranked. Wish they would pick up a goalie soon. Nolan Ritchie may be coming up next. Yep, they picked him in the 3rd round. Good bloodlines, dynamic offensive player.
    Last edited by booboo; 05-04-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Looks like the WK were really pulling at straws with the last 5 or 6 picks. In the draft. Would make a good "tiny" team---really small players?? Maybe they'll grow?? Not one goalie selected?? Looks to me like the first 4 players selected look OK the rest ??????
    Last edited by booboo; 05-04-2017 at 01:45 PM.

For one thing I don't take to much stock in a players size at 14 . They have lots of time to grow . Another thing some of the best players in this league are smaller guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    For one thing I don't take to much stock in a players size at 14 . They have lots of time to grow . Another thing some of the best players in this league are smaller guys.
    I prefer a bigger guy, but I agree that there are a lot of small skilled forwards in the league.Hockey has changed into a track meet and especially in the WHL the physicality is disappearing slowly. I wonder if the WK got a commitment from Iorio, as he sounds like a very good prospect. PA and Saskatoon did very well in the draft with all the high picks they had.Read the follow up to the draft by Brayden Sullivan at DraftGeeks and in his opinion the WK have taken longshots with some of their picks today. I wonder what he means----that some of the picks are hedging on reporting or they picked unranked guys taking a flier on them? Interested to hear what some of you other guys think? Not sure we drafted any sandpaper with these picks.
    Last edited by booboo; 05-04-2017 at 08:50 PM.

I think they mean they are 50/50 on college guys. If they report it will be a big win. But if it not it will be a bust . Both second round guys sound like a gamble but I think are worth the risk .

Two major questions following the bantam draft 1. Not sure why the team did not draft a goalie. 2. Did some reading on other sites and it sounds like there was no sure commitment from the 2 d-men picked in the second round. Hope we don't see the same thing happen as in the last 2 years where we lost 3 d-men to the NCAA. Suffice to say we cannot afford to make those types of mistakes. Great idea to draft 2 defencemen in that spot but a more certain commitment would be better.

Well Gents, less than a month and the boys will be back on the ice!! I am excited to this team evolve. I am sure they worked hard this summer!!