Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 R.D. Bantam Picks

Default 2017 R.D. Bantam Picks

With their first pick the Rebs pick 22nd over all Ethan Rowland forward from Calgary listed as 5'8" 162 Lbs 12 goals 25 assists 52 pims Calgary Northstars.
    Red Deer trades second pick to Saskatoon for Mason McCarty who was originally traded to them from Red Deer.
    With the 63rd over all pick Red Deer picks Jordan Borysiuk forward From the POE 5' 10" 166 lbs 16 goals 24 assists 40 pims.
    Last edited by Red celtic; 05-04-2017 at 10:43 AM.

With their 78th forth round pick Red Deer picks Kyler Kovich forward BWC Bruins 5' 11" 160 lbs. 67 goals 72 assists 139 points 78 pims was ranked 33rd overall by Western Elite draft rankings could be a steal at this pick.
    Last edited by Red celtic; 05-04-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Jace Isley - LD Red Deer Rebels Selected 19th in Round # 5 Shoots: L Height: 5.11.5 Weight: 177 Hometown: Grande Prairie, AB Last Team: OHA Edmonton Bantam Prep 1 goal 14 assists 32 pims

Jaxsen Wiebe - C
    Red Deer Rebels
    Selected 9th in Round # 7
    Shoots:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hometown:
    Moose Jaw, SK
    Last Team:
    Moose Jaw Warriors BAA
    Nationality:
    Canadian
    Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG
    '16-'17 Season Moose Jaw 27 21 19 40 44 5 2

Chase Leslie - LD
    Red Deer Rebels
    Selected 9th in Round # 8
    Shoots:
    L
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hometown:
    Camrose, AB
    Last Team:
    Camrose Red Wings BAAA
    Nationality:
    Canadian
    '16-'17 Season Cam. Red Wings 32 3 10 13 52 2 0

Nickolas de Beurs - LW
    Red Deer Rebels
    Selected 13th in Round # 8
    Shoots:
    L
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hometown:
    Cochrane, AB
    Last Team:
    Airdrie Xtreme BAAA
    Nationality:
    Canadian
    '16-'17 Season AC Avalanche 2 0 1 1 0 0 0

Anthony Williams - D
    Red Deer Rebels
    Selected 9th in Round # 9
    Shoots:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hometown:
    Trail, BC
    Last Team:
    Greater Trail Smoke Eaters Bant T2
    Nationality:
    Canadian

Blake Gustafson - LD
    Red Deer Rebels
    Selected 9th in Round # 10
    Shoots:
    L
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hometown:
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Last Team:
    Sherwood Park Flyers BAAA
    Nationality:
    Canadian
    '16-'17 Season SP Flyers 21 0 7 7 4 0 0

I never made it to any of the training camp but did take in both Red Deer exhibition games in the tournament and must say I am the most excited about the young guys than I have been in some time. There are 3 or 4, 16 and seventeen year old guys that I thought were above players that have been in the Dub for some time. If Sutter decides to keep Martin, Roy and Bains over the likes of Fahey, Schellenberg and Smith, he can have my season tickets back. It is time to fill the bottom line with some exciting young guys that have the potential to develop into top liners in this league, as opposed to guys that are career 3 and 4th liners.
    Team looks good. Should be a little better than last year if Reichel can replace Spacek's point total. Goaltending looks solid, defense should be better with a years experience (and Bobyk was no loss). Top two lines are really solid and if the young guys can play with the intensity they did in the exhibition tournament, I am looking forward to an entertaining season.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonergroupie View Post
    If Sutter decides to keep Martin, Roy and Bains over the likes of Fahey, Schellenberg and Smith, he can have my season tickets back.
    There is something to be said for experience too though, but I have a hard time seeing all three of those older guys on the roster by the end of the season.

Interesting trade today. Not one of the defensemen that I thought was going to ultimately get moved to make room for a younger guy, but understandable. It also seems to put some heat on two of the three aforementioned forwards , which always creates some welcome competition! Sutter could also just be buying some time, while Martin recovers from a broken arm.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    There is something to be said for experience too though, but I have a hard time seeing all three of those older guys on the roster by the end of the season.

Interesting trade today. Not one of the defensemen that I thought was going to ultimately get moved to make room for a younger guy, but understandable. It also seems to put some heat on two of the three aforementioned forwards , which always creates some welcome competition! Sutter could also just be buying some time, while Martin recovers from a broken arm.
    I dont know about the trade today. Defense gets younger and we have another 19 year old, third or fourth line forward. Sutter obviously thinks he has offensive upside but with those numbers, he hasnt shown it to date. If he is going to play top 6 like Sutter thinks he will, this will bump Pratt back down to the third line. Sutter said he has to many defense which means if Petersen is dumped, that 20 year old spot will probably gets filled by a foreward as well. With the three mentioned above, Cutler and Douglas in the mix, so much for watching the exciting young guys get to play this year.
    Maybe he has his eye on a 20 year old d man that a spot had to be freed up for. Who knows. In the meantime, hopefully the young guys keep playing well enough that it forces Sutter to clear out the likes of Roy and Bains for draft picks.