Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Off Season

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieDunlap View Post
    Not sure I would blame Anning for the penalties. I was at both games and it looks to me the Ref's are turning this league into a ringette game. All the fans cheer for a big hit but the player goes off for 2 minutes. They call almost every hit. Pretty disapointing...
    I disagree. I was also at the games and a majority of the penalties were behind the play and totally unnecessary. And if the Refs are not going to call the behind the play stuff then the game would degrade into a $$it show. The Wheat Kings will have to be much more disciplined come the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    I disagree. I was also at the games and a majority of the penalties were behind the play and totally unnecessary. And if the Refs are not going to call the behind the play stuff then the game would degrade into a $$it show. The Wheat Kings will have to be much more disciplined come the regular season.
    Well, I agree there were some lazy penalties. But if you think Tootoo or Dinger could play their style of hockey you are crazy. The league has changed much. I for one miss the heavy game. USHL is even worse.

To me there has to be a happy medium somewhere, last year the refs in the playoffs "NHL" let way to much go an it completely screwed the game . Last year in the regular season "NHL" there was a happy medium and i was very entertained, and usually pre season and the first few games of the season Refs usually over call stuff and completely ruin the flow and overall entertainment of the game. I enjoy the speed of the game good physical play but hate the stick work and cheap shot stuff and after the whistle stuff. Here in the WHL we seem to get a real inconsistancy on what,s allowed and what is not. It makes it very hard for a coach and players to get a read on what they can do or can not do. Age old problem and glad i'm not a ref but it's sure fun complaining about them

Quote Originally Posted by Clark3 View Post
    To me there has to be a happy medium somewhere, last year the refs in the playoffs "NHL" let way to much go an it completely screwed the game . Last year in the regular season "NHL" there was a happy medium and i was very entertained, and usually pre season and the first few games of the season Refs usually over call stuff and completely ruin the flow and overall entertainment of the game. I enjoy the speed of the game good physical play but hate the stick work and cheap shot stuff and after the whistle stuff. Here in the WHL we seem to get a real inconsistancy on what,s allowed and what is not. It makes it very hard for a coach and players to get a read on what they can do or can not do. Age old problem and glad i'm not a ref but it's sure fun complaining about them
    The refs are usually poor both ways now. But bdn has to be more disciplined than last year, and how they have started this year. I don't mind aggressive penalties, charging, instigator when required, but lazy minor penalties, that kills momentum, tires the PK's out and the coaches need to bench that out of culprits until they learn
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

The only reason I'm blaiming Anning cause it's a continuation of last year with the undisciplined play . A good coach with have his players change or he will make a change and he hasn't done that .

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    The only reason I'm blaiming Anning cause it's a continuation of last year with the undisciplined play . A good coach with have his players change or he will make a change and he hasn't done that .
    Yup, he needs to stop the lazy, selfish minors now, sit the player until they get it. last years team was terrible with stupid penalties, mostly the leaders and veterans actually.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

And I hope the coaches really work with Thompson to change his game to play heavy, and position himself more in front of the net and slot. He shouldn't be carrying the puck in to the zone imo, he should let someone else do that, enter the zone where dmen can't handle his size and set up to block the goalies view, then step back into the slot area where he can utilize his excellent wrister

If the WK are looking at obtaining an import, TC Americans have 4 on their roster. 3 d-men and an OA forward(do not think the team would go this way this year). Not sure if other teams have more than the alotted 2 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    If the WK are looking at obtaining an import, TC Americans have 4 on their roster. 3 d-men and an OA forward(do not think the team would go this way this year). Not sure if other teams have more than the alotted 2 or not.
    I would think in a rebuild year, WK's will be better off to go with a rookie in place of a one year Euro import
    If the mgt team believe they can make the playoffs, then they will probably go searching for a Euro (if they are willing to drop the hold out Euro)

here is a quick question, I know I could phone and find out but thought others might be interested too. For the preseason games, how much is a game ticket (or is it free)?? I have never gone to a preseason game, not sure I will yet but looking like a awful weekend , weather-wise.