Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Off-Season Thread

Ya you're right there hasn't been anything posted anywhere regarding that. It seems to me that over the past couple years there has been a woeful lack of communication with the fan base after seasons end. No fan interest stories, no human interest stories, no where are they now, coaches comments etc. The Pats site goes all but dead. Some teams even have a mid summer fan barbecue event. Then there was the seasons ticket holders playoff package episode! The playoffs packs were one ticket short but they gave you 6 hours to personally come into the office and "BUY" your game 7 ticket should it be required. One almost gets the sense they were hoping some season ticket holders couldn't get in, so they could sell them for more money to walk-ups. Very poorly handled. They could have just charged season ticket holders a few more bucks and put the extra ticket on the packet. Not a semblance of apology or explanation. I would say they have some work to do on the fan communication and appreciation side.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Ya you're right there hasn't been anything posted anywhere regarding that. It seems to me that over the past couple years there has been a woeful lack of communication with the fan base after seasons end. No fan interest stories, no human interest stories, no where are they now, coaches comments etc. The Pats site goes all but dead. Some teams even have a mid summer fan barbecue event. Then there was the seasons ticket holders playoff package episode! The playoffs packs were one ticket short but they gave you 6 hours to personally come into the office and "BUY" your game 7 ticket should it be required. One almost gets the sense they were hoping some season ticket holders couldn't get in, so they could sell them for more money to walk-ups. Very poorly handled. They could have just charged season ticket holders a few more bucks and put the extra ticket on the packet. Not a semblance of apology or explanation. I would say they have some work to do on the fan communication and appreciation side.
    While I wish communication was better at times, I also think people completely misunderstood the playoff ticket situation. Every year the Pats have decided on a set amount of games that they will charge upfront. This would be the first year in recent times that the Pats have not sold too many tickets, having to give out refunds or credits towards season tickets. When the packages for this year first went on sale, many people were grumbling about having to pay for too many tickets at once. Then when it worked out the way it did, others were complaining about having to get game 7 tickets had it gotten there. I know 100% for a fact that they had done some work trying to confirm tickets for some sets of people that may have a hard time getting there to pick up game 7 tickets. For example, other arrangements were made for a handicapped season ticket holder. In the end, they happened to pick the exact correct amount of games, why should they apologize for that?

I am waiting for season ticket info to arrive in the next few days......my worry is they don't gouge for season tickets after this year heading into the memorial cup. I will be getting my tickets no matter what, but I worry that some people won't be able to afford an increase.

As far as Spring Camp goes, I saw on the Cooperators schedule that they had ice booked for this weekend. However, on the daily online schedule.....there has been nothing. I am wondering if they delayed it due to the late cup run. Plus their are many spring hockey tournaments that kids are participating in anyways.

The next thing for people to complain about.....I heard rumour that although buying season tickets will guarantee you first chance to buy a memorial cup package, it may not give you the right to the same seat. It doesn't really matter that much to me as I am considering changing seats for next year anyways. But I can hear the grey hairs already...."I have been in this seat for the last 27 years."

4. Default

I don't believe they will be having a spring camp this year due to the extended season. Teams often do that if they get to the finals, it's too much work to put on their coaches who already worked an extra two months or so with playoffs.