Thread: More Chiefs notes

bcboy Guest

Default More Chiefs notes

I wanted to post my toughts on some of the BS posts on the white board. Way to many Trolls over there.
    I don't believe that I wear rose-colored glasses and ignore problems with the team.I was really frustrated last year with a team that I saw underachieving and showing little heart. I blamed the coaches as well but the players are the ones who ultimatly have to be responsible for there play or lack of it. This year even though the wins are still hard to come by, I have seen things turn around and go in the right direction this year. I am excited about the future for this group.
    Coaches:
    The addition of Sawyer and Gronberg has been nothin short of hudge. It's a coaching staff now and in this age of Major Jr hockey it is so much more than just on ice coaching. You have to develope the player and the person. The teaching is more of a 24 hours a day thing now if you are going to do it right. Adding those two coaches shows me a will to do just that. These players are improving so the 3 coaches system must be working. AS long as that continues I won't complain about any of the coaching staff.
    Players:
    A more talented and promising young group than I have seen from the chiefs in awile. From what I can see there is very good talent waiting in the wings for a shot to. Bowman, Sensman, Pajamola, etc. All four lines are playing and contributing. IMO a good mix of size, speed and skill. The same with the D and Mcue is not even back yet.
    Develop these players and I think you have something. So far so good, as long as everyone grows and continues to improve, then the future looks bright.
    Trades:
    Speltz and the scouting staff did a heck of a job improving this team now and for the future without giving up much. Some real steals

Logan for Schenn--sweet deal for the chiefs great QB on the blueline paired with a big physical partner.
    Kyle Howarth--- how good is this kid gunna be? Size, hands, and touch around the net. I'll bet MH is kicking themselves on that one
    Mercer for Gillien---Steven gets anew start and the chiefs get a younger talented D man. I think Mercer will be big for this team down the road.
    Lapoint---- for nothin really 6th rounder? He can help this team big time this year.

No block buster deal but Speltz sure helped this team with those trades.

As long as the progress continues NO ONE should be complaining.

upper level fan Guest

Great post!!! I have had it with the idiots on the white board. The only reason I post things over there now is to see what stupid response I can get. But with the last couple post they have had today I probably wont do to much posting on there anymore. But I think they are improved a lot and Im happy that they are trying to devolope there younger talent alot more than they use to. And I agree I could care less whos behind the bench if they are improving. I think we will make the playoffs this year and might be able to tale a couple games in a 7 game series if not win depending on were they end up and who they play. I hope they do succed this year and do better next year and I almost will say keep conroy as a coach to shove it down the throats of all those trolls off the white board that say they are chiefs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bcboy
    I wanted to post my toughts on some of the BS posts on the white board. Way to many Trolls over there.
    I don't believe that I wear rose-colored glasses and ignore problems with the team.I was really frustrated last year with a team that I saw underachieving and showing little heart. I blamed the coaches as well but the players are the ones who ultimatly have to be responsible for there play or lack of it. This year even though the wins are still hard to come by, I have seen things turn around and go in the right direction this year. I am excited about the future for this group.
    Coaches:
    The addition of Sawyer and Gronberg has been nothin short of hudge. It's a coaching staff now and in this age of Major Jr hockey it is so much more than just on ice coaching. You have to develope the player and the person. The teaching is more of a 24 hours a day thing now if you are going to do it right. Adding those two coaches shows me a will to do just that. These players are improving so the 3 coaches system must be working. AS long as that continues I won't complain about any of the coaching staff.
    Players:
    A more talented and promising young group than I have seen from the chiefs in awile. From what I can see there is very good talent waiting in the wings for a shot to. Bowman, Sensman, Pajamola, etc. All four lines are playing and contributing. IMO a good mix of size, speed and skill. The same with the D and Mcue is not even back yet.
    Develop these players and I think you have something. So far so good, as long as everyone grows and continues to improve, then the future looks bright.
    Trades:
    Speltz and the scouting staff did a heck of a job improving this team now and for the future without giving up much. Some real steals

Logan for Schenn--sweet deal for the chiefs great QB on the blueline paired with a big physical partner.
    Kyle Howarth--- how good is this kid gunna be? Size, hands, and touch around the net. I'll bet MH is kicking themselves on that one
    Mercer for Gillien---Steven gets anew start and the chiefs get a younger talented D man. I think Mercer will be big for this team down the road.
    Lapoint---- for nothin really 6th rounder? He can help this team big time this year.

Great post......I'm getting sick of the White Board as well. Even though I've been a Conroy complainer in the past......I base my complaints on team performance........and looking at the direction the team has taken, I have no complaints.
    Goooooooo Chiefs Goooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

speedkills Guest

Default Yep...agree also...

Quote Originally Posted by bcboy
    Coaches:
    Players:
    Trades:

Look at the productivity of the line that LaPointe is playing on since he arrived...it's amazing how getting the 'right' player combination has basically allowed Howarth to do so much better. This line is built to take on the big obstruction type teams like Tri...

Yes...a really good mix of speed, skill and size...next year should be fun and the year after should be great if the boys keep improving like it seems they should

I wasn't too happy with Speltz for a while there but he's done a great job with the trades this year....you said it....Howarth, Mercer, LaPointe...great pickups for not much at all