Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: 2017-18 Season - 1st Half

Anyone else notice Kelly hasent been the same player the last month ? He seems to still be getting oportunity but hasent been scoring. Rhino , Crossley and Herold were very good i thought , and Martin had a strong game. Not sure if Hayes is hurt or if he is just playing in situations he cant handle. He is a 3rd pairing guy trying to play 1st pairing right now. With Budik and Sapego out. Habby seems happy with where the team is now though. In his interview he said everyone had the Raiders pegged for being a bottom feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Anyone else notice Kelly hasent been the same player the last month ? He seems to still be getting oportunity but hasent been scoring. Rhino , Crossley and Herold were very good i thought , and Martin had a strong game. Not sure if Hayes is hurt or if he is just playing in situations he cant handle. He is a 3rd pairing guy trying to play 1st pairing right now. With Budik and Sapego out. Habby seems happy with where the team is now though. In his interview he said everyone had the Raiders pegged for being a bottom feeder.
    For the first half of last year we were the worst team in the whole CHL. There are players on this team that get tons of ice time that would be 4th liners elsewhere. Manson and Hunt understand what P.A. fans want out of a team...Habscheid thinks hockey has changed with little to no contact needed...We do really poorly against big physical teams...P.A. loves physical hockey! Guys like Montgomery and Scoreless ski are Habscheid typical players...We would get eviscerated in a 7 game playoff, against teams like Kamloops and Kelowna...our small guys just get run over or pushed aside...

Hayes just can't handle the speed of some guys. Lind exposed him easily on the rush. And the way he panics with the puck he shouldn't be out there on the pk. He has enough trouble with the puck at the best of times.

One thing that really irked me at the game was on their last or second to last pp for the last 20 seconds they only had 4 guys out on the ice. I don't know what the hell was happening at the bench, but that shouldn't happen.

It was actually over 35 seconds. I watched the whole thing. It was because Habby was trying to change who was on the PP (for once) Herold jumped on the ice. Then they called him back. And then another dman jumped on the ice and they called him back. And never replaced that dman. Your post about Monty and Skoleski is right on the money. Monty is almost the exact same player as Skoleski. Which is bad when he is going to be our best 20 next year. Unless we decide to find 3 better waiver guys at next years overage cut down day

It was actually over 35 seconds. I watched the whole thing. It was because Habby was trying to change who was on the PP (for once) Herold jumped on the ice. Then they called him back. And then another dman jumped on the ice and they called him back. And never replaced that dman. Your post about Monty and Skoleski is right on the money. Monty is almost the exact same player as Skoleski. Which is bad when he is going to be our best 20 next year. Unless we decide to find 3 better waiver guys at next years overage cut down day
    I was starting my truck and looked up from my phone and they only had 4 guys and just caught the last 20 seconds of that. For them to be without a player on ice for 35 seconds is just inept.

Anyone hear a rumor about Guhle? I heard he might be joining the team after Christmas. As a 15 would this even be allowed? Possibly an "emergency" call up which I would guess means Sapego could be finished for season.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Anyone hear a rumor about Guhle? I heard he might be joining the team after Christmas. As a 15 would this even be allowed? Possibly an "emergency" call up which I would guess means Sapego could be finished for season.
    Ghule has already played one game with the Raiders so he can play 4 more games with them...Sapego could be back in February I am guessing...

Blog Entries

Lots of talk on whl forum of Raiders possibly trading Budik and Stallard ? Are we going to be buyers or sellers ?

Man it's a tough call. I see both sides. So close to being a playoff team , and the team really needs to make it. But at the same time there are so many good peices returning next year and for years after that if they could go get a key forward peice for the future it could be a real special team. One guy had the idea of a buy and sell idea. Which is sell Stallard because he has so much value and replace him with a cheaper option that could still possibly get them in the playoffs. All I know is that with the prices being paid Stalllard would get us some help for future years. Here is a idea of a deal that I think would work.. Stallard and Budik for Slobosian ,Zamula and Henry or Leschyshyn,
    Last edited by Sttop; 12-18-2017 at 11:42 PM.

In my opinion it only makes sense to trade Budik...we are deep in d men and can use a good forward....as far as dealing with the Pats I wouldn't give them anything...lets get the first wildcard and get the crossover. We are only two points behind the Pats with two games in hand...nothing would be better than to see the smug pats get knocked out of the playoffs...!