Page 121 of 147 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1466

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

2nd wildcard looks to be playing Moose Jaw at this point. 1st wildcard looks to be playing Medicine Hat ( from them finishing 1st in Central). At least , that is how I think it folds out. P A is 9-1 in last 10, they are not making it easy on us and have a lot easier schedule. Will be close

Quote Originally Posted by olwpgjet View Post
    2nd wildcard looks to be playing Moose Jaw at this point. 1st wildcard looks to be playing Medicine Hat ( from them finishing 1st in Central). At least , that is how I think it folds out. P A is 9-1 in last 10, they are not making it easy on us and have a lot easier schedule. Will be close
    Tomorrow is the day to make it happen. We beat SAS, and PA loses then it's over. We win the first Tie-Breaker as we have more team Wins, they can't get better than 36 Ws and we have 37.

The highest they can get points wise is 83, if they win out. We are at 79. So 2 Wins on our own and it's over. If they lose one and we win one more, it's also over. If they drop 2, it's over, even if we don't win another game.

Their final 4 are Away at MJ (TUE), away at REG (WED), Home and Away vs SAS (SAT and SUN) so it isn't really a cake walk for them either.

But tomorrow is the easiest path to the 1st WC. We also in theory aren't eliminated from 3rd Place, REG is only up 3 and finish vs PA and SC 2x. Not that we want 3rd ...

Caiden Daley has really upped his game the last couple of weeks. Bubba has really regressed, if he’s not hitting, then it’s tough to play him. Myskiw has looked very good, glad for the guy after waiting all season, nice to see him have success. Shearer laid some good hits out there tonight. Effort wasn’t great overall, lost count of how many times they failed to clear the zone and turned the puck over. Mattheos survived his fight, fiala is a tough character. Let’s hope Regina do Bdn a favour and beat the raiders, MJ will certainly do what they can to face Bdn and not PA in the first round
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Mattheos really does some stupid things . Why when you are this close to the playoffs do you fight the biggest guy on the ice . He’s there to score goals not fight . He has those moments where he just loses his head. I don’t agree with Daley . I still think he’s a liability out there most of the time . Has he made some improvements yes but not for the opportunities he gets . Bubba looks dejected. Did he get 10 minutes tonight . He seems to be in Anning doghouse all the time . I think coaching has regressed him . Myskiw was solid . His last 4 games gives you some hope that he can take over next year . MCCORRISTER has really stepped up his game big time . Really impressed with his work ethic. I don’t even know where to start with Bukac . He’s a mess . Anyways they are playing a little better then a few weeks ago so that’s a bonus .

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Caiden Daley has really upped his game the last couple of weeks. Bubba has really regressed, if he’s not hitting, then it’s tough to play him.
    What do you expect? Dailey has been given EVERY opportunity this year to improve. He plays PP, PK, 4 on 4 and his regular shift. His ice time is usually in the top half of the forwards. Meanwhile Bubba sits on the bench or is healthy scratched. Even with much less opportunity he still has produced more than Dailey. What has Dailey done to actually warrant all the ice time ? Scored ? Nope! Hit ? Nope ? Fight ? Nope ! If he was given the same opportunity as Dailey he would have 20 goals and 100 Pims. Huge mistake not developing Bubba - maybe another Dustin Buffilyn (sp?) situation. I just hope he comes back next year bc we need him. I have nothing against Dailey but in my eyes he hasn’t earned what he gets and Bubba gets the shaft.

I bet that Bubba is a fan favourite, heck, I love watching the kid when he’s playing 100%. Trouble with him is that it doesn’t look like he knows his role is to be a physical presence out there, and yes, maybe the coaches need to tell him that to earn more ice time he has to be at 100% work ethic every shift. Last night I saw one shift where he went out and hit 3 guys, perfect shift for him, just don’t see enough of that anymore. I think he’s been a shadow of himself (albeit a big shadow!) since the 4 game suspension. I really hope the coaches and bubba figure out a way to get him giving max effort every night, he could be a force in this league, he is already the fans favourite player, someone help him to focus and play hard every shift
    I don’t love Daley, but one thing we can’t accuse him of is lack of effort, I think the coaches know they can rely on him to try his best, however limited that might be, and the last two weeks it looks like he is turning a corner on figuring out how to contribute offensively in this league
    I actually thought the mcorrister, bettens and Daley line was the best line last night.
    Bdn was a hot mess in their own zone, maybe it was 4 games in 5 nights catching up with them. Saskatoon young goalie looks like he got played too much as a 16 year old and burnt out a bit.
    Higsons goal showed why he and Schneider should be on the PP, don’t understand why they aren’t. Refs let a lot go each way last night, at least it was fairly consistent.
    Reinhardt sure got bigger this year, a Blade tried to hit him at Bdns blue line and Reinhardt just ploughed right over him. He’s a guy who the coaches have given top 6 ice too, and he seems to have taken advantage. Bettens also seem s to have picked his game up, maybe he can talk his brother into returning yet!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Mattheos really does some stupid things . Why when you are this close to the playoffs do you fight the biggest guy on the ice . Heís there to score goals not fight . He has those moments where he just loses his head. I donít agree with Daley . I still think heís a liability out there most of the time . Has he made some improvements yes but not for the opportunities he gets . Bubba looks dejected. Did he get 10 minutes tonight . He seems to be in Anning doghouse all the time . I think coaching has regressed him . Myskiw was solid . His last 4 games gives you some hope that he can take over next year . MCCORRISTER has really stepped up his game big time . Really impressed with his work ethic. I donít even know where to start with Bukac . Heís a mess . Anyways they are playing a little better then a few weeks ago so thatís a bonus .
    Mattheos didn't have a choice that guy chased him all over the ice, chippy hits, a major slash, all happened seconds before that fight.

And as far as Bubba goes, if you want to get out of the dog house, don't do the things that get you put in the dog house. Shearer is a Captain for as much as what he does off the ice, not during the game, as he does on it ...

Like Daley's speed out there vs the lines he gets paired against, just wish he could finish, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    And as far as Bubba goes, if you want to get out of the dog house, don't do the things that get you put in the dog house. Shearer is a Captain for as much as what he does off the ice, not during the game, as he does on it ...
    I'm really tired of this excuse why certain players don't get ice time, while others are spoon-fed on this team for no apparent reason. Unless you have proof Bubba did something wrong (I've never seen it in the games I've watched this season), stop blaming the kid for being mired on the third and fourth lines. Because he was stuck there even when he was playing his best and doing everything right. I don't blame him for looking dejected...the way the club has treated him has disappointed me all season long...I can imagine how he feels. And I don't think it's his fault. It's poor coaching, and it could really bite them in the a$$ come playoffs when guys like him are worth 10 Daleys.

And also, if you think Shearer was named captain for any other reason than because he is the 20 year old local boy you need to give your head a shake. I don't care what he brings to the dressing room. It's hard to be a leader when you can't even play your position properly in your own end. Why do you think the puck is always stuck in their end when him and Hartje are out?

[QUOTE=CasualFan;210014]I'm really tired of this excuse why certain players don't get ice time, while others are spoon-fed on this team for no apparent reason. Unless you have proof Bubba did something wrong (I've never seen it in the games I've watched this season), stop blaming the kid for being mired on the third and fourth lines. Because he was stuck there even when he was playing his best and doing everything right. I don't blame him for looking dejected...the way the club has treated him has disappointed me all season long...I can imagine how he feels. And I don't think it's his fault. It's poor coaching, and it could really bite them in the a$$ come playoffs when guys like him are worth 10 Daleys.

Agree 110%

I've said it before and I will say it again... They have to play Daley as the scouts ranked him high coming out of the Bantam Draft. Heaven forbid the scouts are incorrect with their scoring on these kids. Well unfortunately some kids hit a brick wall sooner than later and some take a bit long to figure out their game.

Daley & Bubba ( a few others I realize but they are the topic right now) in their draft year:

Daley... 67 GP 6 g - 10 a 16 Pts ... continually being given "every" opportunity to flourish and improve his game with PP, PK, TOI. He's being held back by his own demons in being so scared on the ice. Scared to hit, scared to get into the corners, doesn't hold the puck for a good pass or shot as he's scared to get hit, doesn't skate hard unless there is nobody between him and the goalie... which last night from blue line for a short break away was the fastest he's skated all year. One play last night that shines is when Daley hit the ice in the corner... the play went into our D zone.... Daley slow to get up, basically walks to the bench leaving us 5 on 4 for 5-8 seconds before he was close enough for one of our guys to replace him. That alone should have had him sitting the rest of the night. He wasn't hurt at all.

Bubba... 58 GP, 13 G - 13 A - 26 PTS... Was given a lot of opportunities in the beginning of the year and did well ( ie points to show for it) willing to go into the corners, willing to hit (but needs to hit more), skates hard each shift, holds the puck for good plays, fights, did well on the PP when put in front of the net. He got his points when he was given the opportunities Daley is getting. The line with Bubba, Daley, Reinhardt did very well and had a role that each knew and 2 of 3 did well.

In 2018 alone Bubba has 8 pts, Daley has 9 pts.. Bubba has been sat several games and gets little ice time.
    Definitely a coaching problem. We’ve seen it in the past where coaches don’t like some players and favour others for reasons of their own.

Or is this a Manitoba thing.. Shearer vs Jenson and Daley vs Bubba?