Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Watching the WK game tonight in Spokane. 2-0 Spokane after 1 period, which isn't too bad except the WK generated almost no offence so it is tough to score goals. Let's hope the next two periods are better.

3-0 Spokane after 2 periods, but WK played better in that period. Weinger stopped on breakaway in last minute of the period. PP still looks poor. Some bad decisions by players on the PP, which result in easy turnovers going the other way. Need to get the PP straightened out.

Final score 3-0. Did not score a goal tonight. Spokane has 4 good players, the rest average. WK lost way too many puck battles today especially in the offensive zone. Our PK was 5-5, including about 45 seconds of 5 on 3 . Next game Fri in TC. Go get them boys!
    Last edited by booboo; 01-17-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Random thoughts late at night....

1. When is the Daniel Bukac Experiment (aka How To Put Lipstick on a Pig) going to end?

2. Why is our entire team below the face-off dots in the defensive zone 90% of the time? FFS, get out of the defensemen's way Daley!!!

3. Bubba in front of the net on the PP...parked. Mattheos on the left wing and Lewis on the right wing, both low around the face off dots and driving the net on shots from the point. The two best players at the point who can fire shots...slapshots, snapshots, wristshots I don't care...and hit the net. Not the boards beside the net. Not the glass behind the net. Not their players in the face in the slot (Shearer). And not the opponents' shin pads every other shot (Wytinck). Maybe find some defensemen who can make a proper breakout pass while you're at it to start the whole thing so we can actually get out of our own zone with the man advantage. There, it's not %$&#ing rocket science.

4. Coach to win. I don't wanna see a PP when we're losing late in the third period with Daley on it. Pull your heads out of your a$$es on the bench and pay attention to who is actually playing good and lean on those players, instead of constantly going to the same guys when half the time they are doing nothing and giving less effort than everyone else.

5. If this team slides (and don't kid yourself they could be on the tip of an epic fail in the back half of the season), I'm going to put it on the coaches not the kids. They sold the kids out when they decided to be sellers. Now, with the ongoing entitlement crap, the ridiculous line combinations, and the rest of the BS from the coaching staff, I wouldn't blame the players for turning off. There's no reason the team can't have success still this season. But it starts with proper coaching.

Yea I agree Casual the ****ty coach of last year is starting to show up again . As you say Bukac is regressing bad . Daley should be in the stands watching . Power play is a easy fix but it seems to be beyond Annings capabilities as a coach . I’m not piling on the guy now cause they lost . You could see these problems coming before Xmas . Like how do you get bad line matchups at home . That should never happen . How many times have we seen Daley’s line on a D face off against the other teams top 2 lines at home . That drives me nuts . Did they have Daley on the third line last night again ? Not sure what they see in that kid cause I sure don’t see it .

My thoughts from the game last night:
    -After a weak first period the team played pretty even with Spokane for the last two periods. Brandon was outshot 14-3 in the first but 21-19 in the second and third.
    - The PP continues to struggle. The coaches need to look at other options and get the 5 smartest players on the ice. Burzan should be playing down low on the PP. He’s smart enough and is quick enough. They still don’t know who our smartest players are!
    - The PK did a good job. Nicely killed off a 5 on 3 and went 5 for 5 on PK.
    - We rolled 4 lines for the entire game. Even with 3 minutes left we had the 4th line on the ice. If the focus is developing the 16 - 17 year olds then I am fine with that but we won’t win many more games playing 16-17 year olds against other teams 19-20 year olds.
    - Shift length of some of the players was terrible. Some guys play well over a minute a shift. Most pro players play between 35-45 seconds a shift. When the shifts are long we get slow and lazy ( and take lazy hooking, holding and slashing penalties because our legs are tired ) This is simply a coaching tactic. The coaches need to make the players accountable.
    - The schedule only gets harder. 3 games in 3 days all against quality opponents. If we could steal one game I would be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    My thoughts from the game last night:

-After a weak first period the team played pretty even with Spokane for the last two periods. Brandon was outshot 14-3 in the first but 21-19 in the second and third.
    I watched a different game. I thought the team looked good in the first half of the first period, and then Spokane took over. You can't really compare the shots on goal as Spokane had several good chances where Thompson came up big, while the Wheat Kings maybe had 2 or 3 good chances the entire game.

- The PP continues to struggle. The coaches need to look at other options and get the 5 smartest players on the ice. Burzan should be playing down low on the PP. He’s smart enough and is quick enough. They still don’t know who our smartest players are!
    They definitely appear to have their money on the wrong horses. The power play isn't struggling. It's an embarrassment and the worst in the league by far since Clague left.

- The PK did a good job. Nicely killed off a 5 on 3 and went 5 for 5 on PK.
    The PK starts with good goaltending, and Thompson was solid last night. On a side note, I'm not sure why everyone is writing off Myskiw so quick. The kid plays maybe once every couple of weeks. Let him play a regular schedule and then make a decision. I think he's been fine most nights and quite good others.

- We rolled 4 lines for the entire game. Even with 3 minutes left we had the 4th line on the ice. If the focus is developing the 16 - 17 year olds then I am fine with that but we won’t win many more games playing 16-17 year olds against other teams 19-20 year olds.
    And if you're building around the 2000-2001 age groups, don't expect a lot from your 98's and 99's who are basically committed to being babysitters on a weaker club for the rest of their junior careers unless they get traded.

- Shift length of some of the players was terrible. Some guys play well over a minute a shift. Most pro players play between 35-45 seconds a shift. When the shifts are long we get slow and lazy ( and take lazy hooking, holding and slashing penalties because our legs are tired ) This is simply a coaching tactic. The coaches need to make the players accountable.
    Don't even get me going on this topic. 2/3 of the team are guilty of this. They either don't have the hockey sense to limit their shifts, or they simply won't come off if there is 0.0001% chance they might get a point if they stay on.

- The schedule only gets harder. 3 games in 3 days all against quality opponents. If we could steal one game I would be thrilled.
    If we can look remotely like the team tied for third in the entire league, I'd be happy regardless of the score. Spokane fans must have left scratching their heads how the WKs are ranked in the top 10 in Canada after last night's game.
    Last edited by CasualFan; Yesterday at 12:32 PM.