Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    CasualFan... Am I still "stupid" for predicting we go into the Christmas break within 5 points of Regina? Regina is dogsh*t compared to us so far. They are struggling against weak teams while we are lighting the lamp 5-7 times a game. As I stated many times on this forum, we will not be 'sellers' this season. CasualFan wanted clague traded this month LOL that makes no god damn sense. Clague is not going anywhere. Oh wait I forgot it's cold in Brandon and the bus rides are long...that may cause him and wegleitner to demand trades out west where it's warm. We'll see...
    Based on what was going on when you made your prediction, yes I would still say you were stupid. But of course you knew with your crystal ball that we'd pick up a 19 year old Junior A player (because the management thought our offense was so lacking, and that's all they could get) who would become the most prolific goal scorer on the team; Clague would go from one even strength goal all year to where he is right now, and all the other smaller stories that have resulted in our recent success. Anyone can look like a genius over a ten game stretch. And I said they had an easy schedule right through October. Here's the thing...the team plays a 72 game schedule and 24 of those games, fully 1/3 of their entire season is against Regina, Moose Jaw, and Swift Current. Let's get a few of those games under our belts before you start tooting your horn. They just had their hands full with a bunch of hard working pluggers not three hours ago.

And yes, I still think they should be sellers. I don't have a problem waiting until the deadline now though to get a better idea where the team stands. I still have no interest in a one and done in the playoffs like last season. Having said that, refer to my next post.

I couldn't post for the past week or so. I just assumed the site admin banned me for some reason. /shrug

Glad to see the chemistry on the team this year and the resolve to come back in a game like this afternoon's. The team celebration after Higson's goal was worth the price of admission as far as I'm concerned. Good for him (but stop taking the stupid penalties again...) and good for the team. I hope they can prove me wrong up to and beyond the trade deadline. The final assessment will be made not ten games in to a 72 game season. But rather after the last game of the season is lost and we have to decide if what we got out of it is worth what we gave up to get there.

I'm actually enjoying the games at the moment, unlike last season! Every interview you hear the guys say the team is unified, the room is tight, did last years team ever come back from 2 goal deficits? Baron Thompson played like he has to, great to see McCartney get a goal. Did hooker get hurt on that hit near the end of wed night? Mattheos has come a long way over the summer. Jensen playing nice and physical. Keep it rolling guys and make armstrongs decision to sell very difficult for him!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
    I couldn't post for the past week or so. I just assumed the site admin banned me for some reason. /shrug

Glad to see the chemistry on the team this year and the resolve to come back in a game like this afternoon's. The team celebration after Higson's goal was worth the price of admission as far as I'm concerned. Good for him (but stop taking the stupid penalties again...) and good for the team. I hope they can prove me wrong up to and beyond the trade deadline. The final assessment will be made not ten games in to a 72 game season. But rather after the last game of the season is lost and we have to decide if what we got out of it is worth what we gave up to get there.
    I totally agree with your assessment of the team's situation. We have won the games we should have or had to so far. We will see how we make out against MJ,Reg, and SC going forward. But this so called easier schedule might really work in the team's favour as they jell as a unit. There is no denying that the chemistry is better this year so far. The coaches seem to doing a better job rotating the rookies in and out of the lineup. I think we just need to enjoy this roll we are on because it will not last. Not even the staunchest fans would have predicted we would be 7-2-0-1 so far this season.

Great weekend for the boys. How good is Mattheos looking this year? Whatever Carolina told him is working, but he does look bigger and stronger then his draft year.

It is important that you beat teams below you that generally makes you one of the better teams. I also feel it will give them confidence when they do play MJ Or Swifty.

Really nice to win on the road too.

Ritchie wasn't in the lineup Sunday for AAA. Hurt? Or left for the WHL cup?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.