Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112
Results 1,111 to 1,116 of 1116

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    I love your positivity guys but really . This team is barely competitive right now . Win a round ha ha . There not even going to hang on to the 1st wildcard.
    Hey, they look terrible for the most part; no question. But frame it in the proper context. We're dealing with major change on the team, suspensions, injuries, illness, long US road trip, and we are playing some of the best teams in the Country.

This isn't our year, but advancing to the 2RD is not out of the realm of possibility by any means. Granted our Home games will likely be in Dauphin, but that's great experience for the young'ens.

Anyhow, I'll keep ringing that cowbell, and banging those seats; what else we gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    Hey, they look terrible for the most part; no question. But frame it in the proper context. We're dealing with major change on the team, suspensions, injuries, illness, long US road trip, and we are playing some of the best teams in the Country.

This isn't our year, but advancing to the 2RD is not out of the realm of possibility by any means. Granted our Home games will likely be in Dauphin, but that's great experience for the young'ens.

Anyhow, I'll keep ringing that cowbell, and banging those seats; what else we gonna do?
    I like how positive you and denim-dan are and I would love to be as upbeat as you guys about the prospects of this team for the rest of this season, however, all sorts of factors are now going against the team being successful such as their schedule, injuries to key people, sickness and the subsequent suspension of Mattheos if he pushed a linesman. Sask is 2 points behind us and playing well. We are not. So, they overtake us probably which means we play MJ in round one. 2 games in Dauphin and goodnight. Yes, I now realize that the trading of Kaspick and Clague really hurt this team's performance wise and psychologically. With the slide since the deadline there is no other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Crazy thing is we could actually make it to round 3.
    If we face MJ, we're 90% going to get swept.

1. Brandon has it in their heads that they can't beat MJ. It's pretty obvious from the games I've seen.
    2. MJ will turn it on for the playoffs, leaving Brandon in the dust.
    3. Sheen and DeRoose will have Brandon's youngsters crapping their pants in the playoffs. The only real answer we have plays 30 minutes a night and can't afford to fight.

#2 & 3 apply to pretty much any other team in either division, so I'm not sure where you're getting round 3 from lol. Brandon is the antithesis of a playoff team. Even if they somehow sneak in, they are going to get manhandled like the young, soft, undersized squad they are. But hey it's fun to dream until reality sets in...again...

I agree with you casual. We face Moose Jaw that's probably a sweep. I meant if we crossover to the central anything can happen. It's sad but the eastern conference final this year is going to be a joke. MJ, Swift and Regina are the 3 best teams in the conference and 2 of them will be out by the second round. If either MH, leth, Bdn, or RD come out of the central it's gonna be a quick conference finals. They really need to go back to the 1v8 2v7 3v6 ect. Playoff format. Top 8 teams in the conference make the playoffs no matter what division they are in.
    Last edited by denim_dan; Yesterday at 03:32 PM.

Hate to say it but the way there playing right now if they were to face Regina , Swift , Moose Jaw they get swept . Maybe even Medicine Hat . They just don’t have any fight in them . They are to soft . I don’t understand why they don’t find a big guy or two for the bottom 6 that can play a little and keep other teams honest . We have a very light bottom 6 which is a problem . Now it’s not there fault they are young but let’s start drafting some size . Starting to resemble a Medicine Hat team small and fast .

On different note I have watched Patrick play the last couple of games and it looks like he’s starting to figure it out with the big boys . He looked a step behind early in the season but looks like he belongs now .