Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Yea he was there on Tuesday as well .

Wow the league gave Kaspick 2 games for that hit . They wonder why there attendance is down . There turning this league it into girls hockey . That is absolute bull**** .

I was surprised at the cross checking penalties handed out to Jensen last game, pretty weak calls on a guy who is doing exactly what every coach says, make guys pay for standing in front of your goalie. Totally understand the need to protect against head shots and hits from behind, but the penalties they call on big clean hits and these front of the net battles is making hockey a lot less fun to watch. It wasn't all one sided, as what was the penalty for on the McCartney breakaway?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I was surprised at the cross checking penalties handed out to Jensen last game, pretty weak calls on a guy who is doing exactly what every coach says, make guys pay for standing in front of your goalie. Totally understand the need to protect against head shots and hits from behind, but the penalties they call on big clean hits and these front of the net battles is making hockey a lot less fun to watch. It wasn't all one sided, as what was the penalty for on the McCartney breakaway?
    You are just verifying what I have always said is that the reffing in this league is poor and getting poorer. Development league or not there has to be better people around to ref in this league. Example Vetter gets some kind of award or recognition from the league for his lengthy career in the league. Wow! If he was any good as a ref he would have gone on to the pros long time ago. I realize the turnover in refs is like the turnover in players but the league and its reffing is turning this game into a touch hockey--no hitting league. This surprises me because there is still a lot of hitting in the NHL. I agree this crackdown on the physical play is hurting attendance in the league as many games now have as much excitement to them as watching ballet.

I like the fact they are cracking down on head shots as a whole but that last one on Kaspick, I think the refs need to use a little discretion on it as well, there is a lot worse stuff they let go without blinking an eye. They should have left fighting alone in the game. Hacking ,slashing ,spearing , jabbing each other , they could care less about but if someone gets his stick broken, it is a slashing penalty. They are like politics, the more they try and fix things , the more screwed up things get. Reffing has been poor for a long time. The reffing changing the game is a big part of why I question myself on keeping season tickets each year. It is a different game now, they are trying to slowly wean all the hockey fans into noncontact hockey. lol
    I concur that Sambrook is probably 7th dman without Bukac and Shearer in the mix. I think Wheat kings hurt his development by keeping him last year and for that reason will continue to roll with him this year and I would be surprised if he is cut,( possibly traded) when the other two come back. Who knows, a little more size and muscle could go a long way. Ettinger is new to the mix but I would have kept Wytinck last year over Sambrook.