Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

1-1 after the first period and the WK outplayed MJ. Penalty trouble in the second and MJ has taken off scoring 3 straight goals. Could be the end of the winning streak. No big deal but would like to keep it close with MJ as we still have 7'games left against them. Surely enjoyed the winning streak but getting outshot every game does not work against a talented team like MJ.

5-1 after two periods WK give up short handed goal in the last minute Ouch! Not looking too good.

7-4 final for MJ. After watching this game I can see why MJ has the record they do as they are very good offensively. They are missing two of their top d-men and Howden as well. But, the WK played very evenly with MJ. The problems for them were a terrible 0-7 PP unit which certainly needs to improve after Xmas and some shoddy defensive play as our young d-men and Bukac as well were tuned in by MJ forwards tonight. We certainly need Clague and Shearer to have a chance against MJ.
    Last edited by booboo; Yesterday at 09:28 PM.

So now we are at the unofficial half way point of the season anybody with thoughts on the team , and what it’s needs are . I think they were a far better team then I gave them credit for . If I was the GM I would see if they can find a Better version of Jensen to play Clague . Then they can pair Shearer with Bukac on the third pairing . Then I think they have a real good Dcore . Then find a affordable third line center and move Daley to the 4 Line . Then go to work . Not sure what the team is thinking right now but I think if they stand pat it’s a major mistake . If there not going to upgrade they might as well sell Clague . Can’t compete in this division with this D core . I don’t see them making a major splash going after a guy like bean . I think they will be smaller deals . What are your thoughts .

I agree that they would not go far with the defence they now have. Where do you find a d man without paying exorbitant prices? Yes, a 3rd line centre and putting Dailey on the 4th line would help. Not sure what the GM has in mind. Can't see the teams being sellers anymore but adding to the team unless they feel they cannot keep up to MJ and SC.

No I agree they should not be sellers . My point was that if they do nothing is a major mistake . I think there’s lots of d men you could get without breaking the bank or at least cheaper then A d man like Bean is what I meant .

I'm not panicking if that's all MJ brings to the table. We looked better than them in the first. Some bad bounces happened in the second and the Warriors built a quick lead. Got back into it despite some poor coaching decisions regarding who they put on the ice, and maybe a bit of a sub par game from Thompson. With Clague back and a healthy Shearer, and shortening the bench (the third D pairing played way to much against the #2 team in Canada), I think we'll be ok. Was keeping Shearer and trading Jensen a mistake? Not if Shearer gets healthy. But one of epic proportions if he doesn't. I personally wouldn't have taken the chance myself. But I don't have the hard on for the local kids that the organization has.

I thought Stelio had an off game tonight despite getting a goal. Lewis wasn't much better and Gutenberg maybe a little better than average. Couple that with Clague and Kaspick gone, a much bigger loss than Howden for MJ, and I'm not worried. The only D that really stood out was Higson, and I thought he looked very good. Bit of bad luck when he hit the forward clearing the puck on the PK. And he barely nudged the kid when he got his boarding penalty. We could have used two of him tonight. Wait...we had two of him...

I agree Casual with most of what you said . I thought they needed those things long before last nights game . I’m not as big of Shearer fan as most in Brandon . I don’t think he solves there issues to be honest . I also not a big fan of Daley’s . Maybe he’s a good player when he’s 19 but I take that chance and flip him for a improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    I agree Casual with most of what you said . I thought they needed those things long before last nights game . I’m not as big of Shearer fan as most in Brandon . I don’t think he solves there issues to be honest . I also not a big fan of Daley’s . Maybe he’s a good player when he’s 19 but I take that chance and flip him for a improvement.
    Agree with you guys that if Shearer cannot stay healthy than trading Jensen was a huge error. I,like you would have kept him anyways over Shearer. Agree also about Daley. Far too easily separated from the puck as he is so slight He has not taken that next step like Reinhardt,Bettens,and B. Thompson.Kudos to the kids on the 4th line who bring a lot of jam and energy to the team. Also agree we look like we can hang out with MJ. The game was very even last night but for a poor PP and poor PK by us and some suspect goaltending.
    Obviously Clague's importance on the PP cannot be overstated as his smarts really makes the PP go.

8. Default

Agree with all the comments about last nights game

I would move Daley if you can. He might not be able to be moved because of school but I would flip him to a team for D help. I wonder if the rumor about us getting Bean is more than a rumor. They have Stotts there and be interesting to see if move for a guy he played spring hockey with in Daley. That would be a nice one/two punch on the backend for us

Not sure Bean is the type of d-man we need. Someone like Ottenbreit from Seattle or Anderson from PG might be more what we need.