Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Bean would be awesome for sure but don’t see him in Black and Gold . To rich for Brandon I think . Maybe more of a defensive guy . Does anybody hold any hope that maybe Kaut shows up after world Juniors ?
    Maybe the Wk knew that Kaut would report after the world juniors,otherwise they would have looked elsewhere for another import.He is quite likely to make their team. Maybe they can bring his girlfriend over as well if that is the reason he stayed in the Czech Republic. I am surprised his agent hasn't told him that his best chance of getting drafted is by playing major junior. Would be a nice addition.

I've always wondered about kaut as well. It seems strange he would be playing bottom 6 minutes over there in his draft year. Would get a much better opportunity playing in the WHL

3. Default

From what I heard they thought they had Kaut ready to come over at the start of the year but he got cold feet and stayed back. From what I understand there is pressure on the Czech guys to not come over especially the top guys

So I guess the question is what do they do . Give Him till Close to the deadline to make up has mind ? Then if no go pick up another Import ? Or is he good enough to hold onto hoping he reports next year ? My opinion is if he doesn’t report I would release his rights and pick up a Import Dman if available.

5. Default

I guess they wait until after the World Juniors to see if comes or not. If he doesn't then I would go after someone. Vala is a guy I like but Kamloops isn't a bad team so they might not move him. Maybe a guy like Moilanen from Seattle will be available. A big splash might be Denis Cholowski from PG but I like the idea of Anderson from PG as well. Maybe a guy like Macdonald from PG as well to give us some depth and toughness going intot he playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    I guess they wait until after the World Juniors to see if comes or not. If he doesn't then I would go after someone. Vala is a guy I like but Kamloops isn't a bad team so they might not move him. Maybe a guy like Moilanen from Seattle will be available. A big splash might be Denis Cholowski from PG but I like the idea of Anderson from PG as well. Maybe a guy like Macdonald from PG as well to give us some depth and toughness going intot he playoffs.
    Hope we make a move or two as it looks like we would play SC if the standings remain the same. The best thing that could happen is Regina making multi moves and passing us in the standings so we play MH. Don't think that happens though as the Pats are a long ways back.