Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

I never really mentioned that scenario because I don't believe they will start to slide too much in the standings but you're definetly right. If they start to slip and show they are more of a middle of the pack-type of club then the chances they sell go up. It's a strange comparison but Brandon this year is in a similar situation that the roughriders are in, where they are a good team in a very strong division and the crossover might be their best bet to make it far in the playoffs. The riders crossing over to the east might get them a grey cup appearance. Where as the wheatkings crossing over to the central this year could get them a golden opportunity to make it to the conference finals where anything could happen.

What is going on with Wegleitner. Is he injured or healthy scratched ? I see he's missed a few games .

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    I never really mentioned that scenario because I don't believe they will start to slide too much in the standings but you're definetly right. If they start to slip and show they are more of a middle of the pack-type of club then the chances they sell go up. It's a strange comparison but Brandon this year is in a similar situation that the roughriders are in, where they are a good team in a very strong division and the crossover might be their best bet to make it far in the playoffs. The riders crossing over to the east might get them a grey cup appearance. Where as the wheatkings crossing over to the central this year could get them a golden opportunity to make it to the conference finals where anything could happen.
    That's an excellent point, 3rd place or second wildcard spot are not good, but first wildcard spot might be a great chance to get to the conference finals.....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Let's see how we stand after the road trip at the end of November. 6 road games, two in Sask and 4 in Alberta. Denim I guess you are having trouble comprehending what I have been trying to say for a while. We are a middle of the road team that even with the crossover will have a tough time in the playoffs. I truly hope I am wrong, but I am just a bit worried about the way the team has been trending lately. Does not augur well for the road trip. So if we are a wildcard team come trade deadline, we should trade young guys to improve or just realize we are not going too far in the playoffs and trade some of our good 19's that will not look likely be back to improve in the future.

Really, why do anything at this point until after Christmas? If there are still teams beating on the door for Clague after the Fleury trade (and there likely are), they aren't going anywhere and waiting will likely drive the price up. Lewis I'm sure has some decent value. I'm not sure why a team would want Kaspick in anything other than a third line checking role, if they already have a strong lineup as a contender. The only logic I can come up with for making a trade before Christmas would be the forwards, and that's only because of their steadily-declining production.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
    Really, why do anything at this point until after Christmas? If there are still teams beating on the door for Clague after the Fleury trade (and there likely are), they aren't going anywhere and waiting will likely drive the price up. Lewis I'm sure has some decent value. I'm not sure why a team would want Kaspick in anything other than a third line checking role, if they already have a strong lineup as a contender. The only logic I can come up with for making a trade before Christmas would be the forwards, and that's only because of their steadily-declining production.
    Any thoughts what has happened to to cause this decreased production from forwards? It's been a tough ten games or so for the forward group
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It's not that I can't comprehend booboo, it's just that I disagree with your assessment on the team and I think it's inaccurate so far. We had what, 3 guys (could have been 4) in the Canada Russia challenge. Some real high-end talent in Brandon this season and as I've said before you win when you can in th WHL. The fact that you might not be the best in the league shouldn't stop you from acquiring depth and going for it. Both buying and selling would have its benefits this year for sure but I think you are blinded by the fact that Brandon has a good team so far. But yes it is still fairly early.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    It's not that I can't comprehend booboo, it's just that I disagree with your assessment on the team and I think it's inaccurate so far. We had what, 3 guys (could have been 4) in the Canada Russia challenge. Some real high-end talent in Brandon this season and as I've said before you win when you can in th WHL. The fact that you might not be the best in the league shouldn't stop you from acquiring depth and going for it. Both buying and selling would have its benefits this year for sure but I think you are blinded by the fact that Brandon has a good team so far. But yes it is still fairly early.
    If you had been at tonight's game you would not say we had a good team. They were very lucky to win against Calgary in OT. Very sloppy playing but in their defence they gutted it out. If they play that way against the teams in their division they will not win many more games. I hope it was just a bad day.
    Baron Thompson has been quite a revelation the past few games. I do think the team has a major decision to make in the next two weeks as far as their OA situation. One has to go, but I'm not sure which way they will decide on who to let go. I would let Weinger go as he has done very little the past half dozen games and does not warrant an OA spot. I would re assign Sambrook to the MJHL and Wytinck to the MJHL once Bukac comes back. This is assuming there are no trades made before the moves are necessary. Just spitballing here.

Sounded like a great game from the wheatkings. It's nice to know that even when we play a bit sloppy, our high-end talent is still able to come through and win big games. What a finish.

That was an interesting game. My dark side says Bdn were too sloppy, too slow, and didn't work hard enough to get quality shots on net. My happy side says Bdn never quit and we're able to score when it mattered! Five minutes into the third period I was convinced the team was making it easy on Armstrong to be a seller at Xmas, then after OT I realized it's going to be tough for him to make a call either way if the team continues this over .600 play
    Anyway, good to see Mattheos score some ES goals, Lewis break out of a slump and big bubba have continued success. Mcorrister is also scoring some which is nice to see. Nice to be able to win a game on a very nice play from Lewis, good entertainment for the home fans!