Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147
Results 1,461 to 1,466 of 1466

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Three and a half years of Shearer forgetting he's a defenseman came back to bite the WK in the a$$ to go down 0-1. Then him and Butter wind up in the penalty box two shifts later. Come on boys!!!

It’s funny I heard a interview with Jensen and his comments about how Victoria was run so much better then his former team . I can’t blame him for that he got screwed there . He out here payed Shearer and they shipped him out . I don’t care what anybody says Shearer has been a big disappointment. Maybe a real good team guy but that’s where it ends .

It's funny you bring Jensen up. I was thinking during the first what the WK desperately need on the back end next season is another defenseman that can actually play defense. Hartje and Wytinck just can't play defense....period. Jensen is exactly what we need right now, as Shearer/Butter have killed us the past two games. There needs to be a guy like Jensen anchoring the second line, similar to how Prefontaine is babysitting Addison in this series.

I always thought Grant missed on not picking up a guy Like Pouteau . He was traded for a 5th rounder he is exactly what Brandon is Missing .

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
    It's funny you bring Jensen up. I was thinking during the first what the WK desperately need on the back end next season is another defenseman that can actually play defense. Hartje and Wytinck just can't play defense....period. Jensen is exactly what we need right now, as Shearer/Butter have killed us the past two games. There needs to be a guy like Jensen anchoring the second line, similar to how Prefontaine is babysitting Addison in this series.
    Totally agree. Hartje and Wytinck are no good at all in their own end and Bukac needs to be let go. Need to beef up the defence for sure for next year. Ettinger is at least physical. Not sure what Armstrong has in mind, but I would seriously consider a coaching change and a restructuring of the defence core. Not sure we have any d-men in the system that can jump right into the team's lineup. That means drafting an import d-men and making a trade or two to help the defence. Lots of reasons to be optimistic about next season as we do not lose many players. Our young players got a lot of experience in this year's playoffs. Lost tonight 3-0 in Lethbridge tonight--season is over. I am pleased that we firstly made the playoffs and secondly that we won one round. Was not really expecting that especially the way they played after the trade deadline and after trading away two of their top players.

Congratulations to the Lethbridge Hurricanes on a well deserved series win. Better goaltending, deeper defense, and harder working forwards, spurred on by vastly superior fan support to what the WK received. I really enjoyed watching the Hurricanes style of hockey...a lot of physicality in Game 1 to put the fear of God in our young players, followed up with enough physicality to keep all but our toughest players off their game all series. I wish Brandon would play the same style, but we don't have the kids for it.