Page 120 of 147 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1466

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Look at some of the league schedule and tell me it makes sense??
    Uhh, it doesn't always make sense, I just said that it is that way because they are trying to cram so many games into a limited time frame. They made an amendment back in fall of '17 to play 88 fewer games league-wide next season. The way you were popping off about it, I assumed that you were not aware of this, so I made you aware of it. You are welcome.

Game plan, play so bad in the 1st that you lull the opposition into a false sense of security and keep the game close, then turn it on for the last 2 periods, worked like a charm tonight. No way we deserved to be in the game after the 1st, lead feet and tons of mistakes and giveaways. Big win though to try to stay ahead of PA who beat MJ tonight. PA is 8-2 past 10. They want that 1st wild card spot from us, so keep the pedal down tomorrow in Saskatoon

Really good effort after they went down 2v0, showed the fight they had in the first half of the season, too bad it's been missing for two months, but glad it's back! Big question is how long with LT be out? Why would the trainer let him play on after he tweaked it? Would be nice to stay ahead of PA but they are hot, huge game tomorrow night in Saskatoon. Will Kruger be the back up goalie now if LT is out? One of the best games I've watched this season, thanks WKs! Shout out to Schneider who looked like a veteran again tonight
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Agree @sbtatter - How many times have we seen them fold after a start like that. Great resilience. Had a bad angle most of the night myself, but it looked like the 1st goal they thought it was going to be icing. The SH goal was just a total lack of effort to get too the loose puck. Anyhow, would have been nice if MJ could have played their part! That's 2 Fridays in a row with solid effort against quality teams, where PA has also kept pace. They are smoking right now.

Hope LT isn't out long, that could be the end of there. We was moving his right ankle / foot at least to some degree after the injury, but you could see him wincing. Was certainly worried about Myskiw rolling in that spot, but that's a great boost!

I would suspect we get SAS best game tonight, as they are basically at the end of their line here. Actually think if we win, we clinch no worse than 2nd WC?
    Last edited by WhatTheDUB; 03-11-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Congrats to Bdn Wheat Kings for solidifying their spot in the playoffs last night. I have to admit that 2 weeks ago I wasnít very confident that they would make it. There were some big wins against MJ, Lethbridge, SC and Saskatoon ( away ) that I didnít expect. Some key players have really stepped up the past 2 weeks and carried the load and the supporting class has done their job. With that being said, I am fearful about Thompsonís injury. Myskiw played very well last night but Iím not sure if heís ready for a playoff run. After the organization threw in the towel for the season ( which I understood ) making the playoffs is still an accomplishment for this team who has played hard the last 2 weeks to get there. Without Thompson, I think it might be a short playoff run but the experience for the young guys will be helpful going forward.

So our magic number is now down to 2 Ws too secure the 1st WC.

And oh my goodness if we slip into the 2nd WC, that would be an incredible amount of time spent vs MJ in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I am fearful about Thompson’s injury. Myskiw played very well last night but I’m not sure if he’s ready for a playoff run. After the organization threw in the towel for the season ( which I understood ) making the playoffs is still an accomplishment for this team who has played hard the last 2 weeks to get there. Without Thompson, I think it might be a short playoff run but the experience for the young guys will be helpful going forward.
    We should all be worried, LT has been amazing. Wonder why this info is so hard to come by though? What's to gain from a strategy point of not announcing the extent of the injury? I mean did he tear his ACL, meniscus, hamstring pull? He's in, or he's out; how much game planning do teams do around their opposing goalie?

Watched part of the game last night. That's the weakest effort I've seen from the Blades in a long time. Shmyr was invisible and the whole teams looks like they've given up on making the playoffs. They're likely right. Too bad. Sask/PA is one of the better rivalries in the league, and it would have been good for their fans to have a home and home at the end decide who got in. Oh well.

Good to see Brandon playing some better hockey as of late. You never quite know what kind of effort you're going to see from this squad, so I'm not setting aside time to watch entire games until the playoffs start. Still, it beats the $&%^ out of what they were doing a few weeks ago. The only part I find disappointing is that Lewis is more likely to be gone next season with his recently-improved play, and I think the coaching issues will be overlooked and we'll see the same incompetents on the bench next season now that they have made the playoffs. One season at a time I guess.

Good game by Myskiw as well last night. If he steps up as he should next season, I don't think the team will be in trouble in net as much as some others do.

And I just had to ask why is Wytinck still going out on the first line PP? He barely gets any ice and then they throw him out cold to run the PP all the time?!? His passing (both breakout and from the top of the umbrella) is horrid, he reads the play poorly and can't keep the puck in the O zone when forwards shoot down low and miss the net, and he seems to always forget he is the last man back on the PP, giving up a lot of solid short-handed opportunities to the other team. I say put Shearer or Butter (my name for Hartje based on his play along the boards) out with Lewis on the top line, and then play Higson and Schneider on the second line. You'll improve both PP lines on the backend and get better defense against a shortie at the same time. Seems pretty straightforward to me...

correct me if I'm wrong. We need to maintain that 1st WC position in order to play against SC and/or hope PA ****s the bed. With PA's hot streak and easier schedule I have doubt we will keep 1st WC spot. We will need to beat the blades and MJ once to maintain a tie. If it is a tie then we will opt end up 2nd WC as PA has a 3-2 series win over us. If we win our last three games, which is a tall order, we're golden. We will need to play 60 minutes of hockey each game not 40.

I read LT is day to day. Any further news on that?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong. We need to maintain that 1st WC position in order to play against SC and/or hope PA ****s the bed. With PA's hot streak and easier schedule I have doubt we will keep 1st WC spot. We will need to beat the blades and MJ once to maintain a tie. If it is a tie then we will opt end up 2nd WC as PA has a 3-2 series win over us. If we win our last three games, which is a tall order, we're golden. We will need to play 60 minutes of hockey each game not 40.

I read LT is day to day. Any further news on that?
    Per the WHL site, on their page titled "WHL Tiebreaking Procedure":

a) In the event two Clubs finish tied in total points in WHL standings, the edge goes to the Club with the most victories.

This would put Brandon up on PA if they end up tied in points.