Page 137 of 147 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1466

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    Can't imagine anyone here is rooting for an injury to any of these guys.

People (Some are to be fair) should be rightfully pissed at the Coaching staff. There are a couple different ways to slice this up, but starting LT for this round was nothing more than a head nod for his past great deeds to the team. It's proven to be a huge mistake, and worse yet (Although we'll likely never find out) it looks like doing so may have aggravated his existing injury. Does he get to carry that around for the rest of his life?

Tonight we find out if they have quit, which would be another strong knock on this staff. I sure hope not, because this was a great chance to get the boys back into the Keystone for some packed playoff games, which is an amazing experience for them. Don't forget this is the end of the line for most of them, in a sport they have spent 1000s of hours mastering to this point.
    I disagree that starting LT was simply done as a head nod to his past deeds. He's the starter and as a coach, you HAVE to run with your top guns. Pretty much any coach would have done the same thing...you have to give your starter a chance to come back from the injury / time away and settle back in. I can only imagine the ***** show that would be this forum if Anning had started Myskiw (with LT on the bench), considering the position we are in now - and we WOULD still be in this same position! This was just a *****ty situation...damned if he did, damned if he didn't. At least LTs injury now takes away any debate...the goaltending situation is settled (not that the goaltending had anything to do with the Wheaties being totally outplayed in both games, from start to finish).

Maybe the boys will rally and come back with Myskiw in the pipes now, but I guarantee you this, if the team continies to play the way they have, goaltending is moot. It's a sweep!

I agree LT should have started . But his hook should have been way sooner then it was all I thought . You always start your top goaltender he just wasn’t ready to come back I guess .

MUCH better! Total Jekyll and Hyde transition from the previous games. That's the way the guys need to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    MUCH better! Total Jekyll and Hyde transition from the previous games. That's the way the guys need to play!
    Amazing what not allowing 6 goals in the first 40 minutes can lead to! Let's get at it tomorrow and make this a series.

Which players looked better tonight than games 1 and 2? How was the atmosphere, was it a sell out? Any injuries tonight? At least bubba gets one more game to scare the beejesus out of the MH midgets!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Which players looked better tonight than games 1 and 2? How was the atmosphere, was it a sell out? Any injuries tonight? At least bubba gets one more game to scare the beejesus out of the MH midgets!
    The rink was more or less empty. Longo left the game with an injured wrist for MH after a forechecking WK crunched him behind their net. I wouldn't say anyone looked particularly better. The difference was our forwards were actually skating and forechecking MH's defense, who really aren't that good. And tbh MH looked a little listless last night.

tldr: WK need to skate with MH to have any chance of winning, and they did that last night.

So sad to hear that it wasn't full. We were there last year and it was a great atmosphere, just can't make it up this year. Wonder how many people were turned off by the rush seating, and didn't hear about assigned seats this year? Hope they pick up another W tonight, so that we can make it there for Game 6.

I know we are missing Bubba right now, but it should be more of an impact on MH to be missing MacPherson and Nassen for a couple days. Gonna have to go alot deeper onto their bench on the D side.

*** What a terrible turnout: http://wheatkings.com/video/watch-me...arch-27th-2018 Maybe the Wheaties will need to heavily discount tickets when playing in Dauphin? Last year was packed though. ***
    Last edited by WhatTheDUB; 03-28-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Crowe said the fans were heavily razzing Baby Q and the Tiger's bench, which was nice to hear at least. Hopefully a better turnout tonight.

Baby Q is awesome ... but something about him bugs the **** out of me!

Let's go up 2, 13 minutes to go ... on the verge of a new series.

Yahoo! We have a new series and Baron Thompson is back in the lineup reeking havoc. He can be a real force for the WK as their d-men are petrified of him coming at them with mayhem on his mind. Really looks for next year when he will be the top power forward in the league and his presence will help soften up opposition defence. Looks like our top end guys are starting to pick up their games. Go WheatKings!