Page 145 of 147 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1466

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Brandon struggled a lot in their own end in the first two games. For the first 5 minutes of the second period in game 2, Brandon looked like a completely different team... They were dominant and could have been leading 7-0 instead of 4-0 of it wasn't for flodell... After that they took the gas off the pedal just enough to let Lethbridge score 2 goals and then after that they had all the momentum. I still think they can win this series but they need to stay out of the box and limit the errors in their own end.
    I thought Flodell was uncharacteristically shaky during the first period of game 2 which contributed to our early lead. He settled in and played much better after that and the rest, well we know how the game turned out. Lethbridge has solid D and a good goaltender. I fear our challenge will be our ability to get inside the house and score. We do need to stay out of the penalty box, and at times I wonder If we should decline any Lethbridge penalties. We need to capitalize on our PP opportunities.

What's with all the empty seats in Brandon?

How good I should mcorrister looking!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    What's with all the empty seats in Brandon?
    Not sure ... $88 for 4 tickets? Was pretty sad though, announce at 3700.

Result turned out OK.

Couple things stood out. We are up 2 in the 3rd, headed to a 2 Man PP, Anning calls a timeout ... not sure we recorded a shot? This is no good. You just gave up a 4-0 lead to lose, every team you play (Especially the same one) now has an extra to gear knowing they aren't done. In that spot you gotta go put the nails in the coffin.

Officiating was absolutely terrible last night. Obvious dive that Higson got called for tripping, super light call on Sekundiak for goalie interference. Really bad cross check from behind got missed late. Probably won't end up in a suspension but a Hurricane did some nonsense jump onto a fallen player at the end of the game, led to some penalties. Anyhow, sometimes you got to beat the Refs too, and last night we did.

Pick up my dad last night for a roadie and off to the game we went. Yaaaah!!! we won but that's where the yaaaa ends. The effort was decent the skill set is good but the lack of commitment to detail on the defensive side of the puck was a disaster . Both teams were bad , Addison gifted us two goals cause of it and our guys forwards and defence were terrible minus Mccorrister and Schneider. Playoff hockey is more about what you give them than what you create for yourself, if you wonder why we keep giving up 4-5-6-7 goals a game look no further. You want to win playoff hockey them ding dongs behind the bench need to figure that out. Was extremly disappointed in the caliber of play not with caliber of player on both teams , not just ours

Quote Originally Posted by Clark3 View Post
    Pick up my dad last night for a roadie and off to the game we went. Yaaaah!!! we won but that's where the yaaaa ends. The effort was decent the skill set is good but the lack of commitment to detail on the defensive side of the puck was a disaster . Both teams were bad , Addison gifted us two goals cause of it and our guys forwards and defence were terrible minus Mccorrister and Schneider. Playoff hockey is more about what you give them than what you create for yourself, if you wonder why we keep giving up 4-5-6-7 goals a game look no further. You want to win playoff hockey them ding dongs behind the bench need to figure that out. Was extremly disappointed in the caliber of play not with caliber of player on both teams , not just ours
    I waoild agree . Did it not look like it was 25 above outside the way that puck was bouncing . Neutral zone play was horrible for both teams . Something else I just can’t get over . What is there fascination with Daley on the PP . Did nobody ever watch Chicago win the cup when they had the biggest guy on the ice screening goalies in the playoffs on the PP. Buff was giving the opposing goalies fits . Flodell is not a big tendy you pup all 6’ 5”of Bubba in front of him he is screwed . Instead they just play a parameter power play very easy to defend . I thought the penaltiy kill was alright . They just killed to many of them .

Down 3-0 already. 3 goals on 6 shots. They are gonna need all 850 fans in attendance to help them rally back!

Edit....4-0!

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    Down 3-0 already. 3 goals on 6 shots. They are gonna need all 850 fans in attendance to help them rally back!

Edit....4-0!
    Well we made a game of it, but it's pretty sad. Wheaties will probably need to address that next year. I mean do they really need to jack us up for that $5 a round?

Went to the game tonight----my observations---WK gave up too many odd man rushes in the first period and got down 4-0. 4 goals on 8 shots----goaltending not good enough. Reffing inconsistency rears its ugly head once again. Seems like that statement is made every game. A real black eye for the WHL. I do not want to hear that this is a development league for refs argument again. For f**** sake find someone who can do the job. This is the playoffs after all. Why do the coaches keep putting Daley out especially on the power play. Someone looks at him and he falls down. Very suspect coaching. Lethbridge is a much better team than I thought. They play a very physical game and have great snipers in Morrison and Bellerive.

The glass slipper has definitely come off for Myskiw. I said a few posts ago that I didn't think we could overcome the goaltending discrepancy, and it's bearing out. Shearer and Butter were beyond atrocious, especially in the first. The coaches split them up, but they still wound up needing to sit Butter the entire third period. Teams like Lethbridge are that kid's kryptonite, but I'm not sure it even matters anymore in today's game. It's impossible to defend the Bellerive line and the Morrison line with just Higson and Schneider. There were other less glaring issues with the roster tonight as well. But in the end, this just isn't a group that appears to want it bad enough. Too bad. With equal effort from both sides, it would be a heck of a series that I'm confident the WK would come out on top of.