Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1466

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

If I was Grant in the off season I would outright release Bukac and trade Daley to anyone that will take him. In my eyes Daley is just not getting it and he’s taking ice time from guys that are improving . I have been very impressed With Sekundiak and McCartney the last 2 games . They were the most consistent players for Brandon . Bubba looks defeated he plays with Daley all the time and has no help . Lethbridge just wants it more then Brandon unfortunately.

Can you imagine how good bubba would be if he tried as hard as McCartney?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I think you can say that about 15 other guys on that team as well . They have beat Bubba down . I wouldn’t say Bubba doesn’t try but they never put him in a position to succeed. Is he playing real good I would say no but I believe if they used him to his strengths he would be a very affective player .

I still say management and coaching did to Bubba what they did to Higson a couple of years ago. The old phrase you reap what you sew comes to mind...

I've harped on two issues with the coaching staff this year: 1) Their apparent inability to teach proper systems (based on the ongoing ineptitude of their D zone play); and 2) Their apparent inability of the coaching staff to motivate players. Maybe they get it together and as these players grow older they pick up on Anning's systems and get better (assuming his systems work). But they are never going to have the "go for the throat" ambition to succeed in the playoffs. I see the next 3-5 year in Brandon as playoff years where the team makes the playoffs but consistently underachieves.

I came back to watch the playoffs. But the team looks the same as it has all year. They need to find another gear for the playoffs if they want to have success.

I guess I have a different take on last night's game. I thought the majority of the kids worked hard and had long stretches of offensive zone time. They played physical, didn't back down and competed hard. Unfortunately, due to system breakdowns it led to several odd man situations that Lethbridge did a good job of converting on. To me, I lay the blame on the coaching staff. Not having the third forward in the offensive zone high enough for defensive purposes, bad pinches by defensemen and lazy changes when the puck is leaving the offensive zone ( instead of dumping and changing going into the offensive zone ) are all structural breakdowns. The special teams have been a disaster and have steadily gotten worse as the year has gone along !!!! For the first 3 months we had one of the best powerplays in the league ( even when clague was gone ) but since that time the PP and PK have gotten worse. Our goalies have bailed us out most of the year but unfortunately, Myskiw had a tough night last night. Those structure type systems are all on the coaches IMHO. The kids never quit last night, even when it was 4-0 and 6-3. This team hasn't quit all year. They could have quit after the deadline but still won 7 of their last 10 against some top teams and finished with 40 wins. If you told me at the start of the year this team would win 40 games , I would have said not a chance. So personally I don't blame it on the players. The work ethic was there but the execution was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    I think you can say that about 15 other guys on that team as well . They have beat Bubba down . I wouldn’t say Bubba doesn’t try but they never put him in a position to succeed. Is he playing real good I would say no but I believe if they used him to his strengths he would be a very affective player .

I would say you nailed it spot on. Nobody has had a shorter leash than he has. He is like a black lab wagging his trail hoping for a head scratch and get let out the door to go play. He rarely gets either...
    Frustrating that 1/3 of his line struggles so much and never has to wear a suit during a game. It’s weird!

Went to Game 3, $50 for 2 tickets although I did receive a notification that they overcharged and credit card would be adjusted but even though they won, I thought it was a very inconsistent effort put forth for a playoff game and thankful I didn't have tickets for Wednesday. I saw much better hockey during the season especially in the first half of the season. If you can't bring it all for playoff hockey, then why are you here, why are we here too ?? Done like dinner if they don't bring a better effort Again, Daley getting the icetime he gets is on the coaches , maybe his next season , a year older he can put it all together but the first two seasons reflect on the coaches and I'm getting sick of it this season, and not sure if there is an opportunity for more games(live), that I would take advantage of it. Bubba isn't playing that great and that's on him ,not on the coaches , not on Daley, just him. We were giving him accolades playing on the same line earlier. Who the coaches put out is on the coaching, how they play is on the players. Thought the Higson Schneider duo played good in game 3 and will be a force for us next year. We have a young team though so if defense improves a bit, the rest should be all right. Myskiw fighting with consistency a bit but has had some outstanding games. Maybe a good thing I didn't see game 4.

Really agree with the effort comments, seems so shaky sometimes. The price is certainly a problem, factored in with mid week, NHL. Talked to a few other people who only attend 1 of 2 games due to price. If you can have 3200 @ 24.00 for $76,800 or 4000 @ 19.00 for $76,000 ... wouldn't you want the latter?

Myskiw has brought some hope for next year, he's been surprisingly good. Was really disappointed with Lewis last night with that terrible penalty he took in the 3rd, when there was still a flicker of hope.

Hoping for a Sunday game myself, wouldn't be the first time this team won 3 games in a row ... maybe something clicks for them going over Whoop Up Drive!! Would there be anything cooler than a MJ and BDN or Burzan vs Clague next RD??

I have been saying all along it’s a coach issue . For the last 2 years there defensive zone play is just brutal . It’s not that they don’t have the personal it’s the system .the forwards are always below the hash marks . There d men are always open and have so much time to make a play . It also gives the Dmen zero options on the breakout . You can also see it on on power plays Lethbridge has a easy time keeping Brandon to the outside and breaking up d to d passes . Flodel has had nobody screening him when he does it’s usually a goal . Penaltiy kills have been not bad but not great either . I know they made it to the second round this year but I don’t see Anning coached teams ever improving on these things , so I guess we might as well get used to it . My guess he gets extended unfortunately.

I thought Schneider looked exceptional in game 4
    I'd also be very happy with a coaching change, as long as someone better is brought in
    I hope they get to a game 6 back in bdn
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.