Page 47 of 147 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

[QUOTE=denim_dan;208357]Was able to attend the game. One of the best games I've seen in this building. It seems as if no matter how badly Brandon plays they can still win any game this year, which gives me high hopes going into the playoffs. Red deer put everything they could into the game but Brandon's skill is second to none in this league and guys like Lewis kaspick and mattheos were on a different level then any rebel out there tonight. Mattheos and Lewis' confidence is day and night compared to last year.[/QUOTE
    Great comeback win by the team ,but don't get carried away with how good this team is. They have had some really good goaltending in most of their wins and super efforts on occasion by individuals but have been outplayed in a lot of games. They have not yet played MJ, or SC with their new additions. They have had a lot trouble with Sask and PA as well. Their record is very flattering for the way they have played. I will wait until around the trade deadline to see where we stand before passing judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Was able to attend the game. One of the best games I've seen in this building. It seems as if no matter how badly Brandon plays they can still win any game this year, which gives me high hopes going into the playoffs. Red deer put everything they could into the game but Brandon's skill is second to none in this league and guys like Lewis kaspick and mattheos were on a different level then any rebel out there tonight. Mattheos and Lewis' confidence is day and night compared to last year.
    Hockey Gods gave brandon one tonight after taking away a win in Saskatoon, nice comeback!!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

So, what's the consensus on the status of the overagers after that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    So, what's the consensus on the status of the overagers after that game?
    We need Thompson, after that use a dart board.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    We need Thompson, after that use a dart board.
    I say we need Jensen as well. He is the most physical d-man we have. We will need that in playoffs.

Strange ,WK must really be deciding between Weinger, Shearer, and Jensen as Thompson is scratched ( unless he has an injury) again tonight. Schneider is scratched ---- (not sure why it isn't Wytinck)so that the local boy Ettinger gets into the lineup. You have to believe one of the OA d-men is being traded or let go, as they need the help more up front as Bukac is close to returning. Myskiw draws in again . I hope he plays like he did in the 3rd period and OT last night and not like he did in the second period.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Strange ,WK must really be deciding between Weinger, Shearer, and Jensen as Thompson is scratched ( unless he has an injury) again tonight. Schneider is scratched ---- (not sure why it isn't Wytinck)so that the local boy Ettinger gets into the lineup. You have to believe one of the OA d-men is being traded or let go, as they need the help more up front as Bukac is close to returning. Myskiw draws in again . I hope he plays like he did in the 3rd period and OT last night and not like he did in the second period.
    Think you are right. As much as I will miss his grit I think 6 will be moved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieDunlap View Post
    Think you are right. As much as I will miss his grit I think 6 will be moved.
    They may be able to recoup a draft choice they gave up for Weinger only if Jensen is moved, not Shearer.

Watching game tonight in Edmonton and the WK are playing another stinker period. No speed no urgency terrible PP can't make a 10 foot pass very soft on the puck. Hope this is not a trend with this team. Need a kick in the a** now. They are lucky they are playing Edmonton. 1-0 Brandon goal by Gutenberg on a nice feed by Weinger with 2 minutes left in period one. Stay tuned for second period update.
    Last edited by booboo; 11-29-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Funny Edmonton’s GM is in Kamloops watching the Blazers and Seattle tonight . I thought he would be in Edmonton watching the 3 OA as I believe there the only one with a opening but I could be wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Funny Edmonton’s GM is in Kamloops watching the Blazers and Seattle tonight . I thought he would be in Edmonton watching the 3 OA as I believe there the only one with a opening but I could be wrong .
    Edmonton does have 3 OA----Soustal a 20 yr old import, Kehrer, and Child the goalie who was with the WK for awhile. The problem with trading our extra OA is that every team already has their 3 , so the one we move would have to be an upgrade over who they already have.