Page 71 of 147 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Some interesting thoughts here. You would think that after 4 losses in a row and likely another looming against SC and a 50/50 chance of beating Saskatoon as well as the dreaded US road trip upcoming that management would seriously entertain offers for Clague and Kaspick as we are bound to slip in the standings. I would include Daley in trade talks as to me he is not WHL ready.
    There havenít been much action with trades other than 2/3 liners. If teams want claque, kaspick etc then they will wait for results of this weekend. I agree if one more loss this weekend we might just be sellers. Which I donít want obviously. Or trade enough that will keep us in the playoffs for hopefully two rounds (like last yrs trading Papirny) however not making it past round one. Itís somehat exciting but the possibilities are also scary!

I'm seeing lots of criticism of daley on here, but I think he is the least of the teams issues, sure he doesn't score much, but, he was the last pick of the 1st round, who fell throughout the year because of his lack of scoring skill. reset your expectations to be, an undersized, energy forward, not a classic top 3 star forward. he does hustle, he can kill penalties, so lets enjoy that part of his game and hope that he packs some weight on and becomes a McCorrister style player.... Just saying!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

He is fine. He is going to be a solid player for the next 3 years here. Wouldn't trade him.

Royals got Grishakov for a 3rd round pick. Pretty solid move by them.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I'm seeing lots of criticism of daley on here, but I think he is the least of the teams issues, sure he doesn't score much, but, he was the last pick of the 1st round, who fell throughout the year because of his lack of scoring skill. reset your expectations to be, an undersized, energy forward, not a classic top 3 star forward. he does hustle, he can kill penalties, so lets enjoy that part of his game and hope that he packs some weight on and becomes a McCorrister style player.... Just saying!!

I don’t see it as Critism but I more or less look at as expendible for potential trades. He would be part of a package deal. You’re right he does have his skill set that out team needs moving forward. He does well in FOW’s which is important as well with your other points. Every team needs guys like that no doubt. Which In itself would draw the interest for teams rebuilding. Another point outside of Daley is we have 5 19 yr olds. McCorrister being one. I can’t see him making the WK as an over ager. Lots of pieces to consider in anything WK do or don’t do

Speaking of next season O/A's
    I have them in this order
    Clague
    Kaspick
    Lewis
    Higson
    McCorrister
    Gunnar W

I'm assuming the top 3 won't be available next season?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I'm Sorry Gunnar as a O/A? I barely notice him out there this year, McCorrister? Well I guess if they can't find a scoring O/A, will a team want him as a O/A for his work alone? Possible, will not take that away from him. Higson for sure will be here. Clague stands a good chance of going AHL, Lewis maybe too, not as good as Clague mind you

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    McCorrister? Well I guess if they can't find a scoring O/A, will a team want him as a O/A for his work alone?
    He has more goals that Kaspick in the same number of games. And more goals than Gutenberg, who has played six more games. Go chew on that...

I have been pleasantly surprised by McCorristers offence this year . He’s hard on the forecheck which is more then you can say about some guys on that team . Usually get a honest effort out of him . Not going to lie it wouldn’t break my heart if they traded Kaspick it looks like he’s checked out already .

I have no issues at all with higson and mcorrister as O/As, then upgrade the third spot

Icon06

Rumour on the white board has Gabrielle coming back to Regina via trade with PG from the ECHL. Wowser! That would be something. Maybe ECHL team does not want him because of daddy's interference??