Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by lariver View Post
    Rumour I heard was Crim is flying into town Wednesday morning and turning his phone on.
    lol, great rumour

Quote Originally Posted by lariver View Post
    Rumour I heard was Crim is flying into town Wednesday morning and turning his phone on.
    Maybe his phone in his bat mobile. Lol

So according to the Pat's thread Zamula was placed under on waivers. Question, we have a vacancy with an import player... Why not grab him? What would the cost be? Oh Edmonton apparently grabbed him
    Last edited by Molsonsman; 01-08-2018 at 10:13 PM.

MJ is not finished dealing I don't think, but I do not think it will be with the WK. I f Clague was being considered then his price might be too high for MJ to swallow and they may go another route. The WK may have waited too long if they had intentions of trading one of their big 3. I think the majority of WK posters on this site would like to have seen the team do something one way or the other but I believe we waited too long as the contenders have made their moves.

With Edmonton in town in Tues. I could see Brandon picking up Soustal and trading or letting Shearer go. He's a 2 spot player Soustal is but it does not really matter to the team.

With the other 3 teams in the East loading up already and probably not done fine tuning I just cannot see how we can beat any of those 3---MJ,SC, and Reg without us making some big improvements. I do not see the management deciding to go that way. That leaves staying pat or selling because minor tweaking will not help enough.
    Last edited by booboo; 01-08-2018 at 10:36 PM.

The price to add was high likely too high for what we need, look what guys like Schuldhaus and McDonald cost. I still think there is a chance we could see someone moved out still. Portland and Kelowna haven't made moves yet and MJ still has a lot they can move.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    The price to add was high likely too high for what we need, look what guys like Schuldhaus and McDonald cost. I still think there is a chance we could see someone moved out still. Portland and Kelowna haven't made moves yet and MJ still has a lot they can move.
    Agree Joe. The price to add was too steep and furthermore how many pieces would we have had to add to keep up with the other 3 in our division. Team not willing to go all in as this was not a good year to do it. Yes, I guess there still is time to get something done, but I'm not too hopeful anything gets done.

The Pats still have first round draft picks in 2020/2021, other draft picks, prospects and current roster players, including goaltender Max Paddock. As a Pats fan, Clague, Higson, Kaspick and Lewis would look fantastic in a Pats uniform. I'd be happy if the Pats acquired one or more of these players.

I've seen the Pats fans bringing up Higson's name on their forum, in light of SC picking up Anderson and MJ picking up Schuldhaus. That deal makes more sense than you guys realize...Higson & Hajek were the Blades top D pairing as 17 year olds before Higson was traded. And Higson and Gabrielle would instantly stop MJ from claiming you guys are easy to play against. Mahura/Fleury & Hajek/Higson, and a very sparingly used third line, and I think Regina's D woes would be greatly improved.

And as a Brandon fan, I have to wonder what Regina would pay for Higson if Anderson garnered two first round picks. Unfortunately, we'll never know because #1 Higson is Schneider's security blanket and that's our only D pairing that can reliably keep the puck out of the net, and #2 the trade of Jensen for a bag of pucks comes back to haunt the team yet again and makes this deal even more difficult to swallow, as getting rid of Higson leaves us with a bunch of defensemen that like to beat our forwards out of our end, minus the rookie Ettinger.

Sounds like SC is about to make a big trade probably with Lethbridge, so that should seal our fate. We need to sell assets. I could see Regina catching us for 3rd place, but as long as we could hold off Sask and PA we would play Medicine Hat as we would be the wildcard team. We would certainly have a better chance against MH than SC. If we continue in 3rd in our division and play SC we would get 2 games in Dauphin in the playoffs and goodnight.

Why would they need Skinner? They have Flodell already. If they get Estephan then it would mean Flodell is going back the other way and they get Skinner. Seems stupid to me.