Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

Personally i like the trades. We were not going to win the arms race in the east this year so we moved a couple players that might not be back next year anyways. The draft picks we got will be key in this and should help set us for more years to come. IMO good job.

Burzan is a very good player. I think he will excel here. I wonder if he ends up playing with Mattheos.

I like Hartje he is going to be a very good 3 year player for us.

If we can get some of those guys to report next year we will have a young exciting group of players

We have a very good group of 99s/00s now. My only concern for next season is who is in net. I know they like Kruger a lot so maybe they are hoping for him to come in and take over next season

I think the 98s end up being McCorrister,Higson and maybe they bring in big vet D man

They have a lot of interesting prospects that will be pushing for spots that is for sure.

I thought it was a great job trading as well. It seemed like the logical move from day 1. The great season we were having clouded it a bit but from the get go , we knew MJ was a power, Regina had to upgrade for Memorial Cup and the major upgrading that Swift just did really cemented the fact that it is terrible year to be a buyer and a great year to be a seller as there will be some eastern teams disappointed as it is. We haven't lost that much, subbing in poor man's versions of Kaspick and Clague ( for this year) and gaining a pile.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by olwpgjet View Post
    I thought it was a great job trading as well. It seemed like the logical move from day 1. The great season we were having clouded it a bit but from the get go , we knew MJ was a power, Regina had to upgrade for Memorial Cup and the major upgrading that Swift just did really cemented the fact that it is terrible year to be a buyer and a great year to be a seller as there will be some eastern teams disappointed as it is. We haven't lost that much, subbing in poor man's versions of Kaspick and Clague ( for this year) and gaining a pile.
    The only thing I wasn't too crazy about was having to give Victoria the rights to Cameron MacDonald. I understand that was part of getting Ty Thorpe, but MacDonald was an absolute steal for a 5th round bantam pick.

I'll be interested to see the gap between Burzan and Kaspick. I'm not convinced atm who is the poor man's version of who but time will tell. We already have lots of mini-me Clagues on this team. None of them can come remotely close to getting the job done, so if Hartje is Clague's replacement, I'm fine with that. I just hope he's the aberration...an offensively-minded defenseman that can play in his own end.

So who is the new captain/assistant going to be? I'll say Higson for assistant as he was one before, and Shearer for captain, implying there is some secret sauce to him that justifies his presence on the team still.

I think they give the captain to Lewis. What are your guys thoughts on next years team? We should be very good especially if Lewis returns.

I agree I think Shearer as well .

probably Shearer. If anything lets hope this elevates his game... drastically.

Lines for tonight's tilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    Lines for tonight's tilt?
    I imagine forward lines are
    Lewis guttenburg weinger
    Mattheos Burzan mcorrister
    Thompson sekundiak reinhardt
    Gunnar W Daley hooker or McCartney

Shearer hartje
    Higson Schneider
    Bukac wtynck
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.