I imagine forward lines are
    Lewis guttenburg weinger
    Mattheos Burzan mcorrister
    Thompson sekundiak reinhardt
    Gunnar W Daley hooker or McCartney

Shearer hartje
    Higson Schneider
    Bukac wtynck
    that's pretty accurate. I can't see them putting Burzan on first line just yet, maybe eventually. See what he can do and settle in first. And agree on the D lines. One stay at home and one offence minded.

2. Default

Kyle Bettens chooses NCAA route with Bemidji State Beavers.

Quote Originally Posted by CrushKillDestroy View Post
    Kind of surprised since his brother plays with the WK.We lose another player to NCAA. Need to make a better sales pitch trying to convince drafted players. We sure have lost a lot of players to the NCCA the last 3 years or so. The recent feeding frenzy called the WHL trade deadline does not help in recruiting potential players.

Quote Originally Posted by CrushKillDestroy View Post
    That's a tough guy to lose
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Kind of surprised since his brother plays with the WK.
    That's likely the problem. The family got an up close and personal look at the Wheat Kings famous "culture of entitlement". Screwed over one boy. Not going to get a second chance to screw over another.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    That's likely the problem. The family got an up close and personal look at the Wheat Kings famous "culture of entitlement". Screwed over one boy. Not going to get a second chance to screw over another.
    KM not there anymore so I doubt that is the problem, the kid just wants to go to college I guess.Besides I think his brother got lots of ice time last year and this until his injury.

Pretty good game tonight. Thought the two new guys played well and looked all right. Reffing was the big black eye again. When Lewis is laying on the ice and the guy gives him a slash towards his head, it seems like a pretty deliberate attempt to injure in my opinion. The guy was lucky to get only 2 minutes, I think the league should review that one. Nice fight, Baron Thompson, you didn't want to fight but you totally owned that fight. Calgary didn't have a lot of push tonight I thought, tomorrow night should be a tougher game, lets see what we got tomorrow. Bettens was getting a fairly regular shift but had to earn it, not like Dailey who looks lost out there half the time. Losing guys to college seems like it is a pretty normal thing these days. The cupboard still is well stocked I think. With his brother here, the door is still open if college route doesn't work out.

I thought it was a good game too. Both new guys looked good. Hartje looks promising for sure. He's not Clague but has some similarities with his offensive play. Burzan looks like a keeper for sure. When he settles in and understands their system he should flourish. Daley got a very nice goal... By accident I'm sure getting his stick in the way. ��

I enjoyed last nights game. Hartje looks like a steady player with some offensive potential, burzan is a little bigger than I thought, and at least last night, a very hard worker, he tracked back the hardest of any forward when the hitmen went to Bdns end, and, he showed good confidence carrying the puck in the offensive zone. If I was picking the starts, I would have picked Reinhardt, I thought that was his best game yet, he carried the puck, he created, excellent. Also nice to see Wytinck put in a "Clague lite" performance! Bubba handled that fight very effectively, and more importantly, continued to create havoc with his hitting, multiple times Cgy turned the puck over rather than take one of his hits. The first ten minutes were great, wasn't so hot on the end of the first and the second, but the third was better, LT did what he had to do again
    I wasn't impressed with higson and Schneider, too me, last night they were too indivualistic, didn't move the puck fast enough, too many rushes, not enough passes, looked to me as though they felt they have to replace Clague. The PP was anemic, I don't like it when Mattheos receives the puck on the boards near the blue line, I want him to be more in the slot, ready for a one timer. WKs seem to pass the puck between the three guys up high and don't penetrate into the scoring positions enough, if they are going to pass around at the blue line I think they'd be better to set up a slapped from the dman in the center of the ice, but shots are slim to none. Glad to see bubba on the PP, but I want him screening the goalie when the point shots arrives. I think if they start shooting from the point, the opposition will have to come further out to block the shot, which then leVes more room in the slit area for the tricky tacky passes Bdn keep trying. Need a new look and coaching on the PP for sure
    Fast game again, be a much tougher task tonight, med hat nearly doubled the pats in shots last night even though they lost.
    Glad to see Kaspick and clague were successful last night as well. Come on regina, pass Bdn for third, and hopefully Bdn can keep top wildcard spot!!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Too bad Thompsons play is going to get him drafted and he won't be here for his 20 year old season! Looks pretty damm good out there what a difference a year makes. He reminds me of Big Buff in a lot of ways

I agree Reinhardt was great all night. Burzan is a very hard working 200 foot player.

That was a young team we faced but when I look at the age difference overall we are pretty close to Calgary.

Sucks to lose Bettens to college but 2020/21 is a long way away yet and maybe in 2 years this group will be tops in the WHL and pushing to the Memorial cup so who knows.