Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1466

Thread: 2017-2018 Regular Season

  1. #951

    Default

    Disclaimer, I haven't seen any of the games on the road trip
    I think the team under performed all last season, over performed before Xmas this season, and under performing after.
    The big change to me is losing Jensen and clague and replacing them with shearer and Bukac
    As far as I understand it, the team kept shearer over Jensen because he is a good leader and respected in the dressing room. Well, if that's the case, he'd better start leading now and telling his team mates that they need to keep playing well, because this season is not lost, the mgt did not give up on the team, the mgt still believe this team can make the playoffs and put in a good performance. Apart from the overagers and gunner, all the players are auditioning for next season, coaches too, so let's keep giving 100%. Get the wild card spot, then give the tigers and the central division a heck of a fright
    I think they will right the ship when they get off this road trip, my expectations were 2 wins, so if they get the W tonight, they are only one point of what I was realistically expecting
    No bubba last night, what's wrong with him, or coaches decision?
    Really looking forward to the next home game where we can see who is competing and who might be sulking, anyone sulking will hopefully be shipped out before next season
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

  2. #952

    Default

    I agree that seeing the effort tonight and back home will show who has the grit in their game. No injury for Bubba just a healthy scratch.

  3. #953

    Default

    Taking Bubba out of the lineup is just dumb . I don’t understand the decisions Anning makes . Starting to think he’s over his head . Team isn’t even putting in a effort for him anymore . It doesn’t help the dcore is a mess .

  4. #954

    Unhappy

    I'll bet Armstrong much be questioning from a hockey results point of view why he ever let Jensen go. I think he must have been hoping that the return of Shearer and Bukac would take up the slack and it looks like he was wrong. After watching every game of their roadtrip, the team played well in a few games but could not hold a lead because of poor defensive play by all the D- men except possibly Higson and Schneider who are played too much because the others are a lost puck battle or giveaway from surrendering a golden opportunity by the opposition and possible goal. L. Thompson should be given a medal many nights as the team is outshot continually night after night. Not sure how we turn this around. We need a couple of wins soon here or not only will we be overtaken by Regina but Saskatoon is only 10 points behind us. That would really suck if we missed the playoffs after such a promising first half season. The good news is most teams only have 20-22 games left and 10 points is probably too tough to catch up.
    Last edited by booboo; 01-27-2018 at 12:31 PM.

  5. #955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    We'll where he gets you this year and then l'll tell you if he's impact player----?? I guess when you are in the basement every year like you guys are he looks like the saviour and a real impact player. One good game makes him an impact player in your eyes I guess.Hope it works out for you.
    Well he was a ppg player in PG, pretty much at that point now with PA, 2 game winning goals so far, willing to drop the mitts. Say what you want about the Raiders - how many teams have beat Moose Jaw twice this season? If PA does pass Saskatoon he will be one of the reasons - 1 player doesn't make a team.
    What I don't understand is how one day you are saying Brandon should grab him as he is a guy a team would want, then PA picks him up and you do a complete 180. I guess he is only an asset if your team picks him up. otherwise a dud.

  6. #956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Well he was a ppg player in PG, pretty much at that point now with PA, 2 game winning goals so far, willing to drop the mitts. Say what you want about the Raiders - how many teams have beat Moose Jaw twice this season? If PA does pass Saskatoon he will be one of the reasons - 1 player doesn't make a team.
    What I don't understand is how one day you are saying Brandon should grab him as he is a guy a team would want, then PA picks him up and you do a complete 180. I guess he is only an asset if your team picks him up. otherwise a dud.
    You must be McDonald's dad or mother or maybe his girlfriend. Nobody ever said he was not a good player but an impact player I doubt it very much. You can spin this whichever way you want but the price you paid to get him is only remotely ok is if he leads you to the playoffs this year and next. If it makes you feel good because you beat MJ twice great!! I will admit my mistake if he leads you to the promised land--Moses McDonald.

  7. #957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    You must be McDonald's dad or mother or maybe his girlfriend. Nobody ever said he was not a good player but an impact player I doubt it very much. You can spin this whichever way you want but the price you paid to get him is only remotely ok is if he leads you to the playoffs this year and next. If it makes you feel good because you beat MJ twice great!! I will admit my mistake if he leads you to the promised land--Moses McDonald.
    Kody McDonald from PG would be a great pickup as well. Tough and can score---the type you need for the playoffs.

    Those are your words - ring a bell?

    Hunt made the trade as we only had 3 19 year olds, one being Budik who won't return as a 2 spot. If Macdonald returns as a 20 it was a good trade, if not then a bust. The trade was more about next year than this one.
    I am just more amused by your backtracking. You wanted PG to pick him up, then **** talked him when PA did.

  8. #958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Kody McDonald from PG would be a great pickup as well. Tough and can score---the type you need for the playoffs.

    Those are your words - ring a bell?

    Hunt made the trade as we only had 3 19 year olds, one being Budik who won't return as a 2 spot. If Macdonald returns as a 20 it was a good trade, if not then a bust. The trade was more about next year than this one.
    I am just more amused by your backtracking. You wanted PG to pick him up, then **** talked him when PA did.
    Bud, you can't see the forest for the trees. Yes, we are most likely a playoff team and he would have been a nice complimentary piece to our lineup as stated above for the playoffs.You guys on the other hand are not a playoff team and are planning for next year now by trading away a multitude of assets for a 19 yr old who may be back next year???? You don't think there will be many 19's around next year that would not cost as much?? Heck, you probably could have gotten McDonald next year if he's back for far less. Nice one spin doctor. Those type of moves by Hunt are the reason you guys only make the playoffs every second leap year.
    Last edited by booboo; 01-27-2018 at 02:09 PM.

  9. #959

    Default

    This has nothing to do with where the Raiders or Wheat Kings fit in the playoffs.
    It has everything to do with the fact that one day you wanted him on your team as a valuable addition, a few weeks later you are saying he is hardly an impact player. But I guess it's too hard for you to admit you 100% contradicted your own words. Takes away any credibility of what you say.

  10. #960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    This has nothing to do with where the Raiders or Wheat Kings fit in the playoffs.
    It has everything to do with the fact that one day you wanted him on your team as a valuable addition, a few weeks later you are saying he is hardly an impact player. But I guess it's too hard for you to admit you 100% contradicted your own words. Takes away any credibility of what you say.
    It most certainly has everything to do with the playoffs. The WK would not trade for him unless to help a playoff run ESPECIALLY for price that you had to pay to get him. That's insane. Once again you are trying to rationalize why this was a good trade. Go troll somewhere else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •