Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 17-18 Season Discussion

Well there it is.....Rebs are now in the basement.

I am at the John Reid tourney in St. Albert this weekend, sure hope the scouts on paying close attention. Carson Lambos would look great in Rebels colors in a couple of seasons.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Quote Originally Posted by RDRebelsfan View Post
    I am at the John Reid tourney in St. Albert this weekend, sure hope the scouts on paying close attention. Carson Lambos would look great in Rebels colors in a couple of seasons.
    Yep, with the loss last night, they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. With 6 picks in the first three rounds, and a high import draft pick this year, there will be a few players that are going to look good in Rebel colours.

Will be some pretty big roster changes over the summer I would imagine, as there will be a 98 and 99 or two on the move, as well as a few of the younger players on the roster that would be in tough to crack the roster next season.

Rebels Rebuild. In looking at the rebels roster it becomes obvious that next year will only be slightly better than this year. Two years from now the team should again improve marginally and hopefully when the kids drafted in this year’s bantam draft turn 17 in 3 years we should be a very competitive team.
    Rebels Roster
    Forwards
    1997(20) – 2 (McCarty, Palenchuk)
    1998(19) – 3 (Johnson, Reichel, Hagel)
    1999(18) – 0
    2000 (17)– 4 (Douglas, Cutler, Tarzwell, Schellenberg)
    2001(16) – 4 (Fahey, Svenson, Bains, Morozoff)
    2002(15) – (Ethan Rowland, Jordan Borysiuk, Kyler Kovich.)
    2003(14) ???
    Defense
    1997(20) – 0
    1998(19) – 1 (Paridis)
    1999(18) – 3 (Alexeyev, Sakowich, Sass)
    2000(17) – 3 (Donohoe, Barteaux, Herauf)
    2001(16) – 0 (Draffin)
    2002(15) (Jace Isley)
    2003(14) ???
    Goalies
    1998(19) – 1 (Lamb)
    2000 (17)- 1 (Anders)
    2001(16) 0 (Fancy)

It was a good week for Anders. In the 3 games this week he had a 960 save percentage and 1.6 GAA. I know this is only 3 games but he kept us in all of them and along with the Rebels hard work made them enjoyable to watch. Good luck to the boys as they head east for a very tough road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GDReb View Post
    It was a good week for Anders. In the 3 games this week he had a 960 save percentage and 1.6 GAA. I know this is only 3 games but he kept us in all of them and along with the Rebels hard work made them enjoyable to watch.
    He is making the goaltending situation for next season VERY interesting for sure!

In the last 25 years, I have watched a few bad Rebel teams, but this however is not one of them! With the exception of a handful of games this season, the opposition teams have known they were in a hockey game by the end of the game. So many close games and overtime games this season.

Unbelievable turnaround rebels get 7 of 8 points on the east road trip, then 8 of 8 points in BC. Just before Christmas the season seemed to be a write off and a youth movement started. Maybe the tradition of producing great goaltenders is on track again. Hopefully we can keep this up against the central and roll into the playoffs.

I spent 2 periods thinking wow it would be nice to watch Swift Current all the time. They have so much talent and size. Then Pawlenchuk goes into overdrive in the last half of the third period and the Rebels pull out the win. That was a very entertaining game. I was also impressed with Sakowich, he is turning into a pretty good dman.

Quote Originally Posted by GDReb View Post
    I spent 2 periods thinking wow it would be nice to watch Swift Current all the time. They have so much talent and size. Then Pawlenchuk goes into overdrive in the last half of the third period and the Rebels pull out the win.
    I was really impressed with how well the team as a unit skated with Swift from start to finish. Not really sure what Gennaro was trying to do on Pawlenchuk's first goal, but that bonehead play, combined with the huge hit on Malenstyn seemed to just take all the wind out of the Bronco's sails.

Quite the turnaround by the Rebels. I sure did not see it coming, and now playoffs are a strong possibility.

Well if you would have told me in January that we would make the playoffs I wouldn’t have believed you. But I’m very proud of this team and how far they have came this year. Just to make the playoffs is a huge accomplishment for this young team and it’ll be great experience wise for them all!!!