Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Pats starting to fire engine

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    And I’m sure Calen Addison prays 10 times a day up in his ivory tower.

Let’s not pretend that 100 percent of kids dont this stuff regularly. Maybe they shouldn’t post it on dumb social networks but let’s turn the self righteous dial down a notch or two.
    My thoughts as well. Maybe some social media lessons for the boys but this isn't just a Pats thing, or just a WHL thing, or even a AAA, or NCAA and Junior A. Pretty typical stuff, doesn't necessarily make it right, but it's not just them.

If you look at most players social media, the thing I find interesting is how their friendships are so widespread amongst the league. Perhaps it's always been that way. Or maybe that's why teams like Regina and Moose Jaw don't have absolute bloodbath games anymore lol.
    Last edited by tommy_boy; 12-23-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_boy View Post
    My thoughts as well. Maybe some social media lessons for the boys but this isn't just a Pats thing, or just a WHL thing, or even a AAA, or NCAA and Junior A. Pretty typical stuff, doesn't necessarily make it right, but it's not just them.

If you look at most players social media, the thing I find interesting is how their friendships are so widespread amongst the league. Perhaps it's always been that way. Or maybe that's why teams like Regina and Moose Jaw don't have absolute bloodbath games anymore lol.
    maybe why your goalies suck lol merry Xmas
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    And Iím sure Calen Addison prays 10 times a day up in his ivory tower.

Letís not pretend that 100 percent of kids dont this stuff regularly. Maybe they shouldnít post it on dumb social networks but letís turn the self righteous dial down a notch or two.
    Self righteous dial? Lol. Unfortunately you probably need to be schooled on professionalism. It wasn't your money not mine putting up the bid for the cup.. but the city needs to be well represented by its ownership, coaches and players. Post all you want. Be how you want to be. Keep it private. Guess that's why Max post is now gone

This sort of thing goes on all over junior hockey and in some cases I've heard of even earlier than junior. I'm not in agreement but that just my opinion. It's generally a fact hockey players etc, are just a mirror of society as a whole. This sort of thing has gone on for ages and will continue to. HOWEVER THIS IS MY CONCERN: the optics of this are not good particularly in the situation the Pats find themselves. When your team is below .500 and when your starting goalie is 36th in the league and his backup only slightly better, this isn't what we need to see. Fans are investing large sums of money this year and would like to think the players (boys and men) are conducting themselves appropriately. If we had the top goalie in the league maybe a bit more slack (oh yes that guy is with the world juniors). When you are playing actually horrible for a 20 year old goalie and then the next picture we see is a pic of him shotgunning, it leaves a bit of a bad taste. Max should know that the kind of activity portrayed with him being underage in a liquor situation, isn't helpful. (we all recall the Myles Bell story) Pictures aren't always reality….but perception usually becomes reality. I am not passing any moral judgement just saying it doesn't look good, especially on a Memorial Cup hosting team.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    maybe why your goalies suck lol merry Xmas
    It's probably cause he's drinking that awful Bud Light swill! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    This sort of thing goes on all over junior hockey and in some cases I've heard of even earlier than junior. I'm not in agreement but that just my opinion. It's generally a fact hockey players etc, are just a mirror of society as a whole. This sort of thing has gone on for ages and will continue to. HOWEVER THIS IS MY CONCERN: the optics of this are not good particularly in the situation the Pats find themselves. When your team is below .500 and when your starting goalie is 36th in the league and his backup only slightly better, this isn't what we need to see. Fans are investing large sums of money this year and would like to think the players (boys and men) are conducting themselves appropriately. If we had the top goalie in the league maybe a bit more slack (oh yes that guy is with the world juniors). When you are playing actually horrible for a 20 year old goalie and then the next picture we see is a pic of him shotgunning, it leaves a bit of a bad taste. Max should know that the kind of activity portrayed with him being underage in a liquor situation, isn't helpful. (we all recall the Myles Bell story) Pictures aren't always reality….but perception usually becomes reality. I am not passing any moral judgement just saying it doesn't look good, especially on a Memorial Cup hosting team.
    Thank you.. exactly what I was trying to get across.

So if a player is good, he gets to post pictures with alcohol and if he's bad he doesn't? What does it matter if the goalie or player is good?