Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Game- Ticket Prices

Default Outdoor Game- Ticket Prices

The Pats have released ticket prices for the outdoor games (both the Pats game and celebrity game) as follows:
    Season Ticket Holders/General Public
    Standing- $75/$75
    Bronze $119/$149
    Silver $179/$219
    Gold $239/$319
    Platinum $299/369

**Note they will also refund one game towards the season tickets to be used in purchase of these tickets or next years seasons.

I have defended the Pats ownership group on many occasions. They have made many positive changes that have benefited me as a fan. I have not complained about anything (other than parking) including the raise in ticket prices for regular season. THIS HOWEVER, is PRICE GOUGING at its finest. I am in a position that I can afford tickets. Unfortunately many people will not be in this position. If you are taking a Family of 4, that Price could be a minimum of $480 for two outdoor games that MAY be -30 Celsius. This is Junior Hockey.....it is supposed to be relatively inexpensive to go. I know a family already that has season tickets that cant afford memorial cup tickets.....this will be one more thing they cant afford. I understand the Pats likely have huge expenses to put on this event......I just dont think the prices are realistic. You can actually get Grey Cup tickets for a similar price, arguably the most Canadian sporting event.

I am going to pause my rant......give others a chance to add on.
    Last edited by Pats7; 10-31-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Everyone is blowing the weather thing WAY out of proportion. Last year it was like +10 that weekend....

Global warming people... it's a positive thing....

Besides, its like what........ their third last home game? Couldn't wait too much longer. I will say what I said in a previous post, there was 100,000 people at an outdoor game in Michigan a few years ago in like January or December or something. Suck it up princess.

Are the prices exorbitant ? You bet and probably to the point of usury, however this is all about individual choice. This is an "event" that most won't get many opportunities to see, so they will pay accordingly. Several years back I travelled to Calgary to visit family and was fortunate enough to go the McMahon and see on of these games there. It got very cold and non-enjoyable later in the game plus the sight lines weren't great. Be sure if your in some sections (most) to bring binoculars. IMO these events are highly overrated. My daughter got us the tickets so it was a nice gift. I don't have any desire to see another.

I am choosing to spend my money on playoff tickets (if we ever get a playoff team) and obviously Memorial Cup tickets. This ownership group has steadily increased prices for many in the community. The seniors and students to name a couple along with the general price increases to everyone. This year you have to pay for all playoff tickets and of course the Memorial Cup. That is an extremely big outlay for a lot of folks and this is still junior hockey! To each his own but an addition outlay of $700 for a couple of game tickets is substantial. As a season ticket holder It's a game that I thought was guaranteed to me as a ticket holder. Nobody knew they were going to pit on this event, so I guess I was wrong. Oh well we will get a $40 refund towards next years tickets.

First of all, I think it's a great thing that the Queen City Sports and Entertainment Group (QCSEG) is putting these events on and that the Regina Pats and Moose Jaw Warriors are playing an outdoor regular season game at the new Mosaic Stadium. However, I agree with Pats7 and feel that they are price gouging for this outdoor game. People can respond with "package" this and "two games" that and "Waskimo Winter Festival" this and "Rogers Hometown Hockey" that. None of that matters to me. I pretty much only care about watching the Pats and the Warriors play just as I would if those other events were not happening. The rest is just gravy and nothing I'd consider paying premium prices for, never mind paying exorbitant prices for. In order for fans to attend the Pats vs. Warriors outdoor game, they need to pay approximately 10x the regular Brandt Center prices for comparable seats to sit outdoors in the winter and further away from the ice surface.

I have spoken to multiple people about this over the last couple of days. Only one person responded that he planned on going with a friend. I"m not sure he knew what the prices were when we had that conversation. Everyone else I talked to either stated that there's no way they're going at those prices or that they would not be in a rush to buy tickets. In other words, they all balked at the advertised ticket prices. I was excited for this outdoor game as much as anyone else until I saw the ticket prices. I would put myself into the category of not being in a rush to buy tickets. I'm just not sure that I can see myself paying 10x the price of tickets at the Brandt Center to see them play outside across the parking lot at Mosaic Stadium instead.

I'm curious as to how many families are going to shell out $1,000 (give or take depending on where they sit) in order for their family to watch the Pats play one regular season game outside. This game is not too far after Christmas and not too much before the WHL Playoffs and the Memorial Cup, which will also cost a lot of $. I'm sure there will be plenty of people going to this game, but I have a feeling that a lot of families will bow out due to the exorbitant prices for tickets. If they are able to sell out Mosaic Stadium 2.0 at these price points, good for them, but if they have difficulties selling tickets, then we will all know the reason why.

Iconchl

Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    First of all, I think it's a great thing that the Queen City Sports and Entertainment Group (QCSEG) is putting these events on and that the Regina Pats and Moose Jaw Warriors are playing an outdoor regular season game at the new Mosaic Stadium. However, I agree with Pats7 and feel that they are price gouging for this outdoor game. People can respond with "package" this and "two games" that and "Waskimo Winter Festival" this and "Rogers Hometown Hockey" that. None of that matters to me. I pretty much only care about watching the Pats and the Warriors play just as I would if those other events were not happening. The rest is just gravy and nothing I'd consider paying premium prices for, never mind paying exorbitant prices for. In order for fans to attend the Pats vs. Warriors outdoor game, they need to pay approximately 10x the regular Brandt Center prices for comparable seats to sit outdoors in the winter and further away from the ice surface.

I have spoken to multiple people about this over the last couple of days. Only one person responded that he planned on going with a friend. I"m not sure he knew what the prices were when we had that conversation. Everyone else I talked to either stated that there's no way they're going at those prices or that they would not be in a rush to buy tickets. In other words, they all balked at the advertised ticket prices. I was excited for this outdoor game as much as anyone else until I saw the ticket prices. I would put myself into the category of not being in a rush to buy tickets. I'm just not sure that I can see myself paying 10x the price of tickets at the Brandt Center to see them play outside across the parking lot at Mosaic Stadium instead.

I'm curious as to how many families are going to shell out $1,000 (give or take depending on where they sit) in order for their family to watch the Pats play one regular season game outside. This game is not too far after Christmas and not too much before the WHL Playoffs and the Memorial Cup, which will also cost a lot of $. I'm sure there will be plenty of people going to this game, but I have a feeling that a lot of families will bow out due to the exorbitant prices for tickets. If they are able to sell out Mosaic Stadium 2.0 at these price points, good for them, but if they have difficulties selling tickets, then we will all know the reason why.
    I'd suggest getting your $75 tickets while you still can. Not terrible for 2 games and the festivities, not my cup of tea having an outdoor game but I'll be there I guess.

Ottawa 67s will host an outdoor exibition game against the Gatineau Olympiques December 17th in the Stadium at TD Place, home of the CFL Red Blacks. Ticket prices are $15.00 general admission and $20.00 reserve seating. The Ice and boards are provided complements of the NHL. Queen City Sports said the cost here, fore that set up is a million dollars. By my math 25,000 spectators at $40.00 each is a million dollars. That makes the $149.00 or $219.00 or $319.00 prices look a little out of line. The closest seat at Mosaic will be like the farthest seat at the Brandt Centre.

Tickets for the Regina Pats vs. Moose Jaw Warriors outdoor game @ Mosaic Stadium 2.0 on Sunday February 18th, 2018, went on sale to the general public yesterday. In contrast to Pats season tickets, which were essentially sold out (went to a wait list) in under three hours, there appears to be tens of thousands of seats still available for the outdoor game. You can pretty much sit (or stand) anywhere you want at any price point available. However, the $369 platinum tickets do not appear to be showing up at this ticketmaster link. I have spoken to a lot of people about this game since ticket prices were released at the end of October and not a single person I know is willing to pay those prices. The one person who planned on going, stated so before ticket prices were known. I have not done a follow up with that person yet. Good luck to the Pats on their press for profit, but 10x normal ticket prices is undoubtedly going to price a lot of people out of the market.

www.reginapats.com/outdoortickets

Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    Tickets for the Regina Pats vs. Moose Jaw Warriors outdoor game @ Mosaic Stadium 2.0 on Sunday February 18th, 2018, went on sale to the general public yesterday. In contrast to Pats season tickets, which were essentially sold out (went to a wait list) in under three hours, there appears to be tens of thousands of seats still available for the outdoor game. You can pretty much sit (or stand) anywhere you want at any price point available. However, the $369 platinum tickets do not appear to be showing up at this ticketmaster link. I have spoken to a lot of people about this game since ticket prices were released at the end of October and not a single person I know is willing to pay those prices. The one person who planned on going, stated so before ticket prices were known. I have not done a follow up with that person yet. Good luck to the Pats on their press for profit, but 10x normal ticket prices is undoubtedly going to price a lot of people out of the market.

www.reginapats.com/outdoortickets
    I agree 100%. I know several families that were excited to go to the game, but none of them have plans on buying the tickets now. The people beside me actually bought 4 tickets in prime seating. I just told them that they obviously had more money than I do. I fully intend on going to the game, but I have no intentions on paying those prices. Part of the reason I wanted to go was for the feeling of a sold out crowd in the stadium, they will be lucky to have 8000 at those prices. I just hope they realize that they have made a huge mistake.

Another point to the high pricing is the overall PR for QCS&E. Hearing a lot of negative comments to the ownership group.

If they get results then I don't care.

All I want is a solid hockey program, and for the last few years that's what we seem to have.

As for the outdoor game, it depends on what its worth to you. I ain't going but some people are paying the ridiculous outdoor game prices. Why would the owners lower them? Generosity? Lol

The wallets will do the talking. They'll adjust if people don't bite