Thread: Pats Need to Get Older if Mem Cup on Brain

Default Pats Need to Get Older if Mem Cup on Brain

Pat Chat:

What I have seen to-date with Pats is a easy team to play against. The record shows as well.

Lencyshyn needs 1-2 wingers to fit his game.

Forwards:
    The Steele #1 line will be just fine but it will take at least 3 solid lines plus to be the best in Canada.
    When WHL matchups start its the 3 and 4 lines that contribute that win playoff series/championships ask the LA Kings!

Defence:
    I like 3 of the 6 or 7 dman but that's it Pats need more mobility and compete if plan on competing!
    The backend is carrying a lot of offensive load right now, good for dman as today they are getting most of shots on net and shots increasing from backend end and percentages are key!

Goal tending:
    Below average in league and heats up or is enhanced or the Pats. Hart must be on the brain! it will cost a boat load!

Power Play: As far as percentages it needs to be around 25% with todays even strength goals scored. The need to work on it more every day as its key and crucial to success.

How would Regina Product Woods look in Pats uniform.

Last Year was the Team to win Memorial Cup point blank!

Depth Chart:
    If these players described below can be added to depth look out! The Pats last season could win a hockey game in 5 minutes with potent offence abroad.
    Adam Brooks
    Austin Wagner
    Sergi Zabrosky
    Connor Hobbs
    Dawson Leedahl

It will sure be interesting up to trade deadline.

Paddock seems to pull a rabbit out of a hat but he will need to find some teams in WHL that will help him out as well for depth trades.
    Pats have one of best organizations so very optimistic business needed will get done.

MJ Warriors however will be hunting as well.

Anyone know when trade FREEZE starts for Christmas WJ Camps.

Good luck to Sam and Mahura at WJ camps.

The moratorium ends on the 27th I know for sure, however uncertain when it actually begins. Likely after the WJC team is selected maybe 15th or 16th. The WHL shuts down between the 17th and 27th for the Xmas break!
    A lot of deals will be consummated over the break and a lot will be announced on the 27th no doubt.
    At this juncture it's doubtful that much will be done within the next week or so, however you can rest assured there will be lots of talk between GM's

I suspect that the Pats will need to be very busy. Some guys will be moved out and some will be moved in. It's critical to find a left wingers for our top three lines, and perhaps a right winger for the third line as well. Currently there isn't enough production in the bottom six. They have to fix the third line and get more productive players on it to accomplish Paddock's stated wish to have three scoring lines. It would seem that Paddock likes the Holmes-Morriseau-Lockner line and it has a chance of being our fourth line this year. A couple of big shut down d-men would seem to be in order. Strange things happen a deadline. Things people did not see coming. This year for the Pats could be something like that. IMO They really are not in a position to tinker but will rather have to re-tool.

Older isn't as important as more talented. A guy like Buziak (19) meets the age requirement you are looking at, but doesn't bring anything skill wise. As much as the Pats need some offensive forwards, they might need a true shut down defensemen more than anything. I have always defended Brown, last night he was amazing in the first......but it might be time to sell what you have left on Hart. I dont want anyone else so if you can't get Hart, cross your fingers that the Brown gets hot at the right time.

If they trade for Hart there will be no more assets to trade for other players. So we add Hart to this team and will compete? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pats7 View Post
    Older isn't as important as more talented. A guy like Buziak (19) meets the age requirement you are looking at, but doesn't bring anything skill wise. As much as the Pats need some offensive forwards, they might need a true shut down defensemen more than anything. I have always defended Brown, last night he was amazing in the first......but it might be time to sell what you have left on Hart. I dont want anyone else so if you can't get Hart, cross your fingers that the Brown gets hot at the right time.

You are right about age not equating to performance. You will note that I didn't specify age but that they were "productive" players. IMO you are right about Buziak in that he has fallen off the pace of expectations for him. Sloboshan hasn't had a point in a long time, so just with that there are two forward spots. At this juncture can Platt, Sidaway and Mahovlich be guaranteed spots? I know people will say why did they acquire them. Teams have been known to acquire assets that are to be included in a future package deal. I personally can't see Buziak, Sloboshan, Platt, Sidaway and Mahovlich being being big parts of a Memorial Cup team, however maybe Paddock sees it differently.

I have asked numerous folks I know the following question: "If you could have one player and only one player added to our team, who would you want?" In every case the answer was the same…..

Brown has slipped to #21 in GAA and #29 in save%. Not the end of the world but still concerning.

Brown's slippage is not just on him. It very much on our defence as well. We have had a tendency to want rushing d-men and paid obscene prices to get them. What we really need is big strong d-men who are tough to play against but can still move the puck. That big defence Seattle had last year made it really hard on us. They were hard to get around yet they moved the puck up very efficiently. We need a couple of those kind of guys. Seattle last year scored 100 fewer goals than us but their D play was vastly better. We were all about rushing the puck and joining the play. They were all about looking after their own end and moving the puck up. We need a couple of those.

I think the Carter Hart saga remains just that…One that would be nice to see him land here. However perhaps Everett's recent good play, they might not move him and try to make amends for last season. I'm pretty certain to get Hart an organization would really have to pony up, maybe to the point most either can't or won't. Nobody knows what the Pats are thinking in regards to their goaltending. With all their other obvious needs they Pats may simply be unable to afford him. In that case they will need to add a couple trees to their defence and stiffen it us a lot. Then as you say hope Brown gets real hot at the right time.

You are spot on about the ticket situation. With the cost of the tickets, shows, events etc it will be tough on lots of people. Many folks, even season ticket holders of limited means may be on the outside looking in.

Iconchl

Nolan Patrick is playing about 8 to 12 minutes in last 5-6 NHL games. Even though he played his 10 games long ago, the 40 game threshold will be the more important one. As I've predicted from the beginning, he will land with a WHL contender - maybe the Pats. Would be nice to have Hart but if you add Patrick all of a sudden it's not as important to upgrade the goaltender scenario or at least not give up everything. I think Brown can get the job done but unless he steps up right now (tonight) then there will be a change. Brown has been weak but the team just isn't clicking and it's time to get it going. Sam is going on a tear, rest of team needs to follow immediately.

Here is why Patrick will be back in WHL:
    https ://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-10-game-threshold-holds-different-meaning-for-different-teams-1.117970

If Nolan Patrick gets sent back to Junior, the only contender he will play with is the Brandon Wheat Kings. They immediately would become better than Moose Jaw IMO. They add a d-man and they look very good with Patrick.