Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I agree the refs leave a lot to be desired. They seem to think they have a right to allow some players to be deliberately hurt and others are protected to the nth degree. When a player leaves his feet for a hit and it's not called they are allowing something that could cause a player to be seriously injured. I saw this uncalled many times last year by Wong against Pats players. Peace officers and firefighters are there to protect everyone and not just some even if they don't like them. A lot of the referees in this league have a very poor moral compass. I have seen it for years and it continues. I have friends that are now, and others who have been linesman in the WHL. Suffice to say the old boys network is in play and integrity is not a highly valued commodity. Poor performance is rewarded. Gabrielle may in some part be the cause of his own victimization, however there are so many serious infractions against him that are not called that one can understand his frustrations. It puts a spotlight on the referees lack of integrity. This is where John Paddock in all this? He should be calling them out in conversations with Robison. Maybe voice their thoughts as to who should or shouldn't be in the Memorial Cup.
Well said Chopper! And where's big mouth Scruffy and the rest of the media in all of this? They are complicit, as WHL but-lickers. Officiating in the WHL has been circling the drain for a long time. Time to spotlight it and start fixing this problem before the lawsuit against CHL gets a bunch of concussion and other player safety claims added to the pile! Not like there isn't a mountain of video evidence against them