Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PATS SECOND HALF - HIGHER EXPECTATIONS

Default PATS SECOND HALF - HIGHER EXPECTATIONS

I hope everyone had a good Xmas and my best wishes extend into the New Year!
    Had to re-learn how to live in a deep freeze.

I thought it might be time to start a new thread considering we're starting a new half officially tomorrow in Brandon. 10:00 AM tomorrow is when the the moratorium on announcing trades is officially over. It will be interesting to see how quickly and how extensively the Pats jump into the pool. In light of where they are and what they need to accomplish, it would seem to follow that they need to be very active. Obviously they can't announce trades involving WJC team players However I don't see the likelihood of the Pats being involved in many if any trades involving those assets, assuming their teams are even entertaining offers.

It's a cliche to say the Pats need to play better…but the do need to play better. With the players they had it clearly weren't good enough to achieve the desired results. The right kind of new talent will help but the nucleus of this team have to take their game to a new level. A a level the they didn't achieve in the first half. I fully expect to see a couple trade surprises this cycle by the Pats, and by that I mean players moved that we may have thought untouchable. Time will tell, and perhaps as early as tomorrow. The shoes will drop soon methinks.

It will be as always interesting to see what fans feel and which direction they think we might go. It will be good to read everyone thoughts and opinions.

Cheers!

I would guess something happens right away as Paddock seemed like he knew what he was doing over the break in those leader post articles. It sounds like something was close.

Hope he gets some reinforcements while Steel is gone.

Ya I think so. After all the talk and obvious concern, it would seem to suggest that something will begin to happen quickly. They have some tough games right out the shoot that are very important to them. It would be preferable to get the ship righted ASAP!

For those that aren't aware, the game tonight in Brandon can be seen on your device for free.

I’m just happy we finally have a new thread

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Ya I think so. After all the talk and obvious concern, it would seem to suggest that something will begin to happen quickly.
    I really thought we were going to see one deal immediately after the trade freeze was over. Patience isn't a strength for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats7 View Post
    I really thought we were going to see one deal immediately after the trade freeze was over. Patience isn't a strength for me.
    Assuming they trade roster players, I think it would be questionable if the new guys would be in the lineup for tonight, depending on distance. So they would be short staffed. Maybe that's why nothing yet? Cause I figured something would be announced immediately as well.

I was just reviewing the two trades the Ice have made and a made a couple observations. They traded DeWitt to Victoria and got a 6th round pick. IMO that's more than we got.
    The the Ice traded for Brad Ginnell (2000) with 11 points with Portland and paid a 2nd rnd pick and a 3rd rnd pick for him. They must really believe in his potential as an 18 year old next season. Considering 20 points in 76 games…..very expensive.
    Maybe this exorbitant pricing is has put a bit of a chill on things, and not this weather.
    I hope Paddock takes note and gets full value for his assets….

Scruffy reported on the SportsCage that the Pats have made a significant deal....I see rumours of Legian (Vic) + 7th Rounder for Buziak. Sloboshan also a healthy scratch.
    Last edited by Pats7; 12-27-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats7 View Post
    Scruffy reported on the SportsCage that the Pats have made a significant deal....I see rumours of Legian (Vic) + 7th Rounder for Buziak. Sloboshan also a healthy scratch.
    Appears to have been good intel..

Let's the trades begin. It will be a interesting final day!