Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: PATS SECOND HALF - HIGHER EXPECTATIONS

The difference is in time on ice. Gabrielle played in a 4 line system in Prince George where Steener racked up his goals playing in a one line system for Manny. Switch spots and Steenbergen is lucky to crack 80 goals while Gabrielle has 150. Not rocket science. It's actually a concept you have chosen to embrace when you think it bolseters your argument , i.e. "Patterson has excelled with more ice time having 14 pts in his last 15 games"

Not including any 20 year old games the comparison is, (although they are both 20. Only a 6 month difference between them).

Steenbergen 240 games - 111 goals
    Gabrielle 250 games - 110 goals

And Gabrielle racks that up with almost half the ice time Steenbergen got

As 20 year olds

Steenbergen 0 goals in 2 games
    Gabrielle 2 goals in 3 games
    Last edited by Flyer; 01-15-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    The difference is in time on ice. Gabrielle played in a 4 line system in Prince George where Steener racked up his goals playing in a one line system for Manny. Switch spots and Steenbergen is lucky to crack 80 goals while Gabrielle has 150. Not rocket science. It's actually a concept you have chosen to embrace when you think it bolseters your argument , i.e. "Patterson has excelled with more ice time having 14 pts in his last 15 games"

Not including any 20 year old games the comparison is, (although they are both 20. Only a 6 month difference between them).

Steenbergen 240 games - 111 goals
    Gabrielle 250 games - 110 goals

And Gabrielle racks that up with almost half the ice time Steenbergen got

As 20 year olds

Steenbergen 0 goals in 2 games
    Gabrielle 2 goals in 3 games
    So he would've destroyed Ray Ferraros record....ok. Your all over the map in your arguement it's not worth my time to try and relay hockey knowledge to you

Quote Originally Posted by sectionL View Post
    it's not worth my time to try and relay hockey knowledge to you
    Nor within your ability. Thanks for playing

4. Default

I think it is pretty tough to say which of the two players are better than one another, as there are far too many variables and differences in environments that they play/played in. What can be said with absolute certainty is that the amount of talent between the three Southern Saskatchewan teams is unreal. It will be a battle until the bitter end between the three I think.

As far as goalies go, it'll be pretty tough to tell the quality of each teams goalie until we see a larger sample size from each. They could do vastly different with their new teams than they have up until this point of their careers. We shall see.
    Last edited by Red&BlueRegiment; 01-15-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red&BlueRegiment View Post
    I think it is pretty tough to say which of the two players are better than one another, as there are far too many variables and differences in environments that they pay/played in.
    100% agree. And it's unimportant really. The only thing that really matters at all is which TEAM is better than the other when it matters - in the playoffs! I LOVE what John Paddock did at the deadline. I think he leap frogged both Moose Jaw and Swift Current, as in my opinion, he brought in the best available pieces to assemble the absolute best team in the WHL. Now all he has to do is put the pieces together. We are coming through the front door, as there is no team in the WHL we can't handle if this group gels, which I am fully confident they will.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    100% agree. And it's unimportant really. The only thing that really matters at all is which TEAM is better than the other when it matters - in the playoffs! I LOVE what John Paddock did at the deadline. I think he leap frogged both Moose Jaw and Swift Current, as in my opinion, he brought in the best available pieces to assemble the absolute best team in the WHL. Now all he has to do is put the pieces together. We are coming through the front door, as there is no team in the WHL we can't handle if this group gels, which I am fully confident they will.
    I completely agree and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way about your team. Both Swift Current and Moose Jaw fans are entitled to feel the same, which I imagine they do.

Quote Originally Posted by sectionL View Post
    So he would've destroyed Ray Ferraros record....ok. Your all over the map in your arguement it's not worth my time to try and relay hockey knowledge to you
    Gabrielle's numbers would be best. Steenbergen played a ton last year and logs great capacity of ice. Gabrielle average ice.
    Steele and Gabrielle should be able to rack up a goal a period!

I am not worried about goals until playoffs start but it's going to be some great hockey and title hype games with Warriors.
    When is Brown and Davidson back to Queen City?

Could Hebig get moved to wing with Sam and Jessie? Why not?

Average size:

Regina Pats - 6'098 ft, 192.4 lbs
    MJ Warriors - 6'116 ft, 190.7 lbs
    SC Broncos - 6'098 ft, 189.3 lbs

All three teams are close in average size this year.

Tonights Thoughts
    a) Watching online, the PA feed is the worst in the league. Hard to focus on the game.
    b) Not sure why Legien was out for a bit but Nijhoff looked good with Hebig and Bradley for a bit.
    c) I was surprised with the d pairing. I thought Fleury and Mahura had just found their chemistry together. To see the d pairings in a blender with Hajek returning means some more time spent on chemistry.
    d) One weak one for Kubic but he was really strong most of the game.....slowly winning me over.
    e) Friday night should be fun!!!

Default World Killers

Nice to see Regina completely destroy that powerhouse PA. Looks like those trades have made Regina a very suitable host.