Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PATS SECOND HALF - HIGHER EXPECTATIONS

Until the Pats do something with that back end, I just don't see the big picture improving. You can move as many Buziak's as you want and get as many Legian's as you want, it still don't fix the back end. They have been playing 2 or 3 rookies nearly every game all season to date, and it shows. Our d-ccorps stayed much much the same when we got Fleury because we moved Smart at the same time. It was a one for one! We need Mahura back no doubt but we also need a couple real d-men. You need to stop getting scored on and learning to not take 6 or 7 penalties a game. Besides moves there will need to be some fundamental shifts in attitude and focus.

So what's up with Sloboshan not playing? Is he gone? Opens up a 20 spot...

Honestly, i hope they go for Stukel from Calgary.

EDIT: (wanted to add something)

I think adding Legein for a guy like Buziak could be HUGE but I've also heard mixed reviews on his effort and motivation. Which kid are we going to get?

On the surface, getting a guy with 33 points in 33 games for a guy with... what... 6 points? is a huge fetch... but why was it that easy?

Again, the Pats were in need of depth on the wing, so a point per game guy should hopefully answer that and hopefully we get the good side of him.

Think they try him with Steel or what?

Bradley-Steel-Henry
    Legien-Leschyshyn-Oksanen
    Last edited by PuckHead306; 12-27-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PuckHead306 View Post
    So what's up with Sloboshan not playing? Is he gone? Opens up a 20 spot...

Honestly, i hope they go for Stukel from Calgary.

EDIT: (wanted to add something)

I think adding Legein for a guy like Buziak could be HUGE but I've also heard mixed reviews on his effort and motivation. Which kid are we going to get?

On the surface, getting a guy with 33 points in 33 games for a guy with... what... 6 points? is a huge fetch... but why was it that easy?

Again, the Pats were in need of depth on the wing, so a point per game guy should hopefully answer that and hopefully we get the good side of him.

Think they try him with Steel or what?

Bradley-Steel-Henry
    Legien-Leschyshyn-Oksanen

Maybe this is a situation of "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". We've all heard the innuendo, rumours, etc etc. I think we need to have an open mind and heart. If this young man finds his game after being a #9 pick then the team wins big time. His time in Victoria shows he is capable, now he needs to show the "WANT" to be here, and continue producing. If he does it will be the biggest theft of the season.

Needing a left winger and getting one inexpensively will help immensely if he can fit in. I have wondered like everyone else where he might slot in. In the end he may be on the left with Steel and Henry. Steel might encourage/demand/brow beat the kid into playing at a higher level than he's been used to. He may be used with Bradley as his winger. Depending on how the upcoming trades turn out and what's acquired that will determine where he fits in. Yes let's really hope to get the good side.

I've said it before but I truly think Bradley is better on the wing at the end of the day. A few games i've noticed him just floating in his own end or turning the puck over way to easily as a centre.

Wyatt Sloboshan sure did disappear quietly into the night. He was a healthy scratch last night in Brandon and today he is not even on the roster on the Pats' website. Jared Legien is listed as #13.

Also, surfacing on another website, is a rumour (from "Tito") that Connor Hobbs is returning from the AHL's Hershey Bears. I have no idea if that's true or not, but Sloboshan disappeared quietly into the night without a word or trade being announced. If Sloboshan was being traded, I was expecting to hear something by today, but there's still no word from the Pats on Sloboshan's status or what the impending move may be. Someone has to take that 20 year old spot. I know Hobbs fractured his wrist in the first week of November, so he should be ready to play soon, if he's not already good to go right now. That would be huge for the Pats if it were true.

I just read a LP article that says Sloboshan stayed at home after the break awaiting a trade. Evidently it was a mutually agreeable way to handle this. Paddock says that it was the best way to treat him and praised his time here.
    The end of the article says that two or three teams may be in play. It also suggests that a deal may have already been done for a scorer. Obviously not released yet.
    SO as I see it….if Hobbs were to be in play (or any other OA for that matter), that would mean that the remaining OA (Brown) would need to be moved to create an opening.

Thank you, I just read that article. It wasn't released until 4:03PM today. I'm curious as to who this scorer is and why the Pats aren't announcing the deal and getting this scorer into their line up ASAP.

It sounds like Legien will be in the line up tonight, but not Mahura.

The Saskatoon Blades are now tied with the Pats for points (35) and have one game in hand. The Raiders are only two points behind the Pats with two games in hand.

So just waiting in line to get in. 2 lineups were posted. One then another 4 mins later. First one had Paddock in front of Brown in net then new lineup has Brown in in front of Wassermann. P

Apparently Paddock got shook up last night, and couldn't go. Score flatters us. Almost looks like men against boys. Not going to create much with 6 SOG.

Who is the Pats color guy? Yikes he sounds like a fossil from the 60's when the game was rock em sock. Does he understand today's speed game? Sure doesn't sound like it. PBP guy is very good.