Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: PATS SECOND HALF - HIGHER EXPECTATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan View Post
    Where is jared legien? Injured I assume? When is he to be back?
    I haven't heard of any injuries other than Ryan Kubic's lower body injury, so I"m guessing that Jared Legien has been a healthy scratch. I'll be surprised if he doesn't play in one or both games against the Bronco's.

I hear Johnny Paddock is in the beer gardens drinking his body weight in green beer. He loves St. Patty's day!

I'm reminiscing: A few seasons ago ( I think 4) we ended the season playing Brandon back to back. The first game in Regina the Pats had the lead by 2 or 3 in the third period but Brandon came storming back to win, then won the next night in Brandon. Then sweep the Pats in the first round of the playoffs.
    Looking for better results this year

Iconcup

Well they got what they wanted...a date with swift current and probably moose jaw later. I would've preferred med hat but I didn't expect losing in order to win to be a paddock strategy.

I think the team's are a lot closer than the season series suggests...but considering theyre a team full of players who desire revenge on this team, I don't know how we will fare. Everyone will be motivated.

Though we have beaten all these kids before..,so there's that.

I'm also worried about the goaltending situation. Has kubic even been practising?

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    I'm also worried about the goaltending situation. Has kubic even been practising?
    Are you serious? Have you seen Paddock lately, the guy has been Grade A quality lately. He has the third best GAA in the Western league. Kubic backed up tonight, has been practicing for a bit.....will get the start tomorrow. Make no mistake, Max Paddock is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats7 View Post
    Are you serious? Have you seen Paddock lately, the guy has been Grade A quality lately. He has the third best GAA in the Western league. Kubic backed up tonight, has been practicing for a bit.....will get the start tomorrow. Make no mistake, Max Paddock is #1.
    As serious as the plague.

Stankowski is the exception, not the rule. We aren't going to win the memorial cup on the back of a 17 year old with no experience.

Ill admit Paddock is on a nice run but this is the playoffs. Not a road trip through the Fisher-Price central division. Swift is a very motivated, well coached team(losing lamb was the best move they've ever made) in the chl top 10...with a whole lot of animosity aimed towards this club in particular.

Kubic needs to be ready, as he was brought into be the guy. Paddock is a nice insurance policy, and he may see some time if kubic falters.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    As serious as the plague.

Stankowski is the exception, not the rule. We aren't going to win the memorial cup on the back of a 17 year old with no experience.

Ill admit Paddock is on a nice run but this is the playoffs. Not a road trip through the Fisher-Price central division. Swift is a very motivated, well coached team(losing lamb was the best move they've ever made) in the chl top 10...with a whole lot of animosity aimed towards this club in particular.

Kubic needs to be ready, as he was brought into be the guy. Paddock is a nice insurance policy, and he may see some time if kubic falters.
    There is no way that Kubic is the starter next Friday when playoffs start. I agree with you that teams would love to have a more experienced goalie, but Kubic hasn't been healthy. Max has ran with the job, we will see what he is made of come Friday night. Paddock has earned the job, I have full confidence in him to start the playoffs.

Default Pats lose 3-1 but end with 40 wins

Although the Pats lost last night, I'm not too concerned. It was 2-2 after 60 minutes playing with a badly depleted squad. In the OT missing guys like Steel and Hebig didn't help. Much like the Pats deserved to win Friday, the Broncos did so as well on Saturday. Two games with two tight outcomes I think is how this upcoming series will go. I think the Pats established that they will be formidable opponents. The showed very clearly they will not back down from anyone. After their slow start amassing 40 wins is evidence of a big turnaround.

The controversy (if there really is one) over who will start and who is #1 is probably a good thing. It shows we have two capable goalies going in to the playoffs. Kubic since joining the Pats has a .914 Sv% and a 3.06 GAA, which is very good. Paddock has a .904 Sv% and a 2.89 GGA which is also excellent. Both have earned the right to start and no doubt both can do a great job. John Paddock has always seemed to lean towards his veteran guys and that could be a factor.
    Either way I feel comfortable with our goaltending. I think as good a 1-2 pair as is available in the Eastern conference.

I see the Blades have fired Bockman and you have to feel a little sorry for him. He takes his team to a .514 winning% but misses the playoffs. Two teams in the Central division with worse records finish 2nd and 3rd and are obviously in the playoffs. I fall into the category of sports fan who doesn't like to see poor performance rewarded. Just spitballing here; although it seems to be a forgone conclusion Struch is our HC next year, does anyone think the Blades would reach out to him as he is a popular hometown guy? After all he has learned a lot from Paddock.

Perhaps someone out there wants to start a Pats Playoff thread?

The Blades first call will be to Strutch or Blade alumni.
    I would like to see the Pats owners buy the Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    The Blades first call will be to Strutch or Blade alumni.
    I would like to see the Pats owners buy the Blades.
    I highly doubt it. It was this Blade regime that fired Strutch.