Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Season 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    kids not signed are tougher to deal . More of a buyer beware. And if we traded Clark I would be pretty sad. Picture a Pachal with a whole lot of edge. Probably as much as we have seen here in 10 years. Got hurt here in fight at camp , but was laying the body every time he was on the ice. The problem with dealing these kids is we are finally getting to the point where there is alot of talent there and anyone you deal is a decent player.
    Trey Fix Wolansky was ours and we gave him away for a 4th rounder...now with the oil kings.

He is a very good player , and exactly what is missing right now. Hobbs was another one that wasent signing so we traded away. I think its tine to leave players on the list if they dont sign

Blog Entries

I could see the Raiders going for a kid like Jermaine Loewen in Kamloops. Would only have to give up a 2 nd or 3 Rd. Low risk move .

We need quality players...average or below average do not cut it...Loewen have decent stats?

There is nothing average about Loewen , he is a tank. But I cant see the Blazers letting him go. if he was available for that price every team making a run would have picked him up

Something that really bugs me - Hunt comes out and says the key to a good team is your 19 and 20's. And here we sit with 3 19s, Monty would be a third liner at best on most teams, Budik won't be back next season, and Meger who I doubt wants to be a backup at 20.
    I like our 20's this season more than last, if Stallard keeps his pace he will have nearly as many points as our 3 did last season. Miske can at least produce a bit and Skoleski brings more than Olynek, although neither is (was) great.
    Hunt needs to do something, and by that I mean not depend on other teams cast offs to fill our 20s next season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Something that really bugs me - Hunt comes out and says the key to a good team is your 19 and 20's. And here we sit with 3 19s, Monty would be a third liner at best on most teams, Budik won't be back next season, and Meger who I doubt wants to be a backup at 20.
    I like our 20's this season more than last, if Stallard keeps his pace he will have nearly as many points as our 3 did last season. Miske can at least produce a bit and Skoleski brings more than Olynek, although neither is (was) great.
    Hunt needs to do something, and by that I mean not depend on other teams cast offs to fill our 20s next season.
    Agree , however in saying that I don't want to give up our future . I believe to get quality 19 without selling the future we need to move Stallard. For "scenario sake" to say Tri City for a 17 year old and 2nd round pick . Then flip those picks/prospects or package another deal for a 19 year old Kody McDonald type player who could step in and fill Stallard's void and be back next year. At the same time you could probably pick up a 20 year old like Sloboshian from Regina to finish off his season and make a quality push for playoffs .

We have much better 19 year olds next year with Kelly, Leason , Martin, Hayes, Pachal , Sapego, coming back.
    Last edited by Raiderfan8; 12-30-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Nachbaur 2 game suspension...

Time to blow this sideshow up...another brutal game...8 power plays and no goals...Martin Budik Stallard Miske can be traded in my opinion for picks...

No real room on the 50 ppl for more picks. Hunt needs to find a way to upgrade some players