Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MEmorial Cup Packages

Default MEmorial Cup Packages

Just got the message about Memorial Cup packages. ***!!!!! Lets put this in perspective last year, Windsor charged $500 for a similar facility. This year they want $645 to $695 and you are not assured of getting your regular season seats. That is a 30% to 40% increase in 1 year! The GTH land deal has affected all of the owners turning them all into greedy bank robbers. This guys are squeezing every dime out of the centennial year. In 2001 you bought your seat for the regular season and you could buy that seat for the Memorial Club.
    Last edited by dsquared; 01-17-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    Just got the message about Memorial Cup packages. ***!!!!! Lets put this in perspective last year, Windsor charged $500 for a similar facility. This year they want $645 to $695 and you are not assured of getting your regular season seats. That is a 30% to 40% increase in 1 year! The GTH land deal has affected all of the owners turning them all into greedy bank robbers. This guys are squeezing every dime out of the centennial year. In 2001 you bought your seat for the regular season and you could buy that seat for the Memorial Club.
    A few things I want to point out......
    a) I looked at going to the Memorial Cup last year when Regina was in the final. The ticket package for the entire week was $590 when I looked at it going. That was a community that had trouble selling out packages.
    b) I expect the Pats to have no problem selling out so the market bares the price increase.
    c) I have been told Hockey Canada sets the price for tickets. So as much as I would like to bring up GTH, rip the Sask Party, and complain about ownership raising prices.....it just isn't true. I was 100% against ticket prices for the outdoor game, but that was because the market didn't support the price. You will see that the market will support this price.
    d) I get the complaint about moving seats, I was told other venues have not had this issue in the past. If I have to move, I am not too worried.....I will enjoy it without the complaints. I actually might get rid of the grumpy old man that complains behind me about everything.

Curios----people are calling into the Sportscage claiming that if they dont get their own seat for the memorial cup, that they won't be back next year. If you have special needs (handicap or disability), I can understand your concern. If not, just be happy to have a seat in the rink. They arent going to take the people with great seats and throw them in an obstructed view......big deal if you have to move.....get over yourself. Take a second to respond to this, good/bad or otherwise.

Don't like price....don't go, another fan is waiting! Supply demand baby.
    Nothing wrong with owners making money. The Pats cash flow is chum change for the brass!
    Just REMEMBER the owners saved you guys a lot of money if you think about it......
    No hotel rooms city slickers!

You guys eat at keg and get **** faced drunk and don't complain about your paying bill!
    When you see the cheerleaders at mem cup it will be all worth it! Go PAts

My friend called the office about his season tickets for Mem Cup and he said the office mentioned its a CHL event and the Pats don't control what seats are available. Why would season ticket holders punish the Pats for that? Won't be back next year because the CHL took your tickets away from the Pats? How is that the team's fault?

Team could have sent an email out months ago inquiring how many season ticket holders were actually interested and relay it to the CHL and I am sure it may be possible to make it happen so they can get their seats. I am sure there are ways but the team has really slacked this year on anything. Another example... the "outdoor" games.. When they were moved indoors they said that season ticket holders would get their seats yet 90 minutes after the email saying they were available for purchase to season ticket holders I went and checked and my entire row was gone.. and I can confirm they were not purchased by the people that own the seats for the season. They are really slacking this year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Team could have sent an email out months ago inquiring how many season ticket holders were actually interested and relay it to the CHL and I am sure it may be possible to make it happen so they can get their seats. I am sure there are ways but the team has really slacked this year on anything. Another example... the "outdoor" games.. When they were moved indoors they said that season ticket holders would get their seats yet 90 minutes after the email saying they were available for purchase to season ticket holders I went and checked and my entire row was gone.. and I can confirm they were not purchased by the people that own the seats for the season. They are really slacking this year for sure.
    There is nothing the team can do about memorial cup movement, it is the hands of Hockey Canada. Deal with it. I asked a few key questions, it really doesn't sound like there will be too much movement. Wait and see rather than complain before you even know. On a positive note, the miserable old grump behind me that talks about his million dollar company regularly......decided that mem cup tickets were too expensive. If I get to stay, at least I dont have to hear his grumbling anymore. Haha.

When it comes to the outdoor game, they changed the plan on the fly. I have no problem that tickets were not guaranteed......by the looks of sales, not too many people have committed so there are lots of tickets remaining. There are so many good seats still available so I am not sure why you are grumbling about not sitting in your own seat. Get over it!!! Another perspective, some people pay the same price.....I am actually one physical row from being in Bronze instead of Gold.....it doesn't bother me that I have the worst Gold seat in the house.....other than the old grump behind me, I love it. I took advantage of the open seating for the Celebrity game and got 6 seats in a prime location. If those are your seats, I am sorry......I was just quick on the purchase. For one game, I hope you can forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats7 View Post
    When it comes to the outdoor game, they changed the plan on the fly. I have no problem that tickets were not guaranteed......by the looks of sales, not too many people have committed so there are lots of tickets remaining. There are so many good seats still available so I am not sure why you are grumbling about not sitting in your own seat. Get over it!!! Another perspective, some people pay the same price.....I am actually one physical row from being in Bronze instead of Gold.....it doesn't bother me that I have the worst Gold seat in the house.....other than the old grump behind me, I love it. I took advantage of the open seating for the Celebrity game and got 6 seats in a prime location. If those are your seats, I am sorry......I was just quick on the purchase. For one game, I hope you can forgive me.

Thing is the team said that season ticket holders would have first dibs on their seats for the "celebrity" game, they emailed and within the hour the seats were gone and were not locked to those season ticket holders for even an hour. They said they would be until they went for sale to the open public. They weren't. Just another thing they didn't hold up on their end. I got my seat but the rest were gone and I really hope they find the seats super terrible as most people do that try to nab them and they watch the first period then get up and leave to sit elsewhere or even stand I assume when its "sold out". Fine by me really, not my money I enjoy the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Thing is the team said that season ticket holders would have first dibs on their seats for the "celebrity" game, they emailed and within the hour the seats were gone and were not locked to those season ticket holders for even an hour.
    I just reread both the email you referred to and the original email for the outdoor game. Both emails stated the exact same thing....."Get your seats". Since nobody would have had a previous assigned seat at the outdoor game, I figured that "your seat" referred to whichever one I purchased. I realize that I am playing semantics, but I didn't assume that it read in any other way.

I wonder when the CHL changed the rules that you can't be guaranteed your own seat for the Mem Cup? Did regina maybe sell too many STs? When it was in Brandon, the 12 STs I had for personal and work were available for me to purchase a Mem cup package. If I didn't purchase by certain time, they would have been made availalable for anyone. Anyway, whatever the price, buy them, it's a fun event, Is like them to go to two games a day, but other than that, a blast
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.