Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Trade game

  1. #1

    Default Trade game

    Reading from people here about Brandons upcoming weakness/shortage of D-men next season. Here's a "what if".

    The Raiders own PG's first bantam pick in 2018. As it sits today, it will be a lottery pick. Let's say PA ends up with the first overall pick.

    As they sit now, PA is and will be very deep on the back end next season. Their only possibly graduating one is Budik, and it has been suggested he may return as a 20, something I would love to see, even as a 2-spotter. Since returning from the world juniors, he has taken his play to the next level. Besides Budik being a 20, they will have a bunch of 19s, plus Belcourt a 18. On top of them, Hunt needs to find space for Kaiden Guhle and Adam Herold (captain of the AAA Regina Pat Canadians).

    Now what would Brandon pay to get PA's "first" pick, if it is indeed #1? I know fans here are drooling over Lambos. I am thinking some kind of multi player deal.
    How about they trade first round picks, and Brandon takes for instance Max Martin. He is a pretty solid dman with a good offensive upside. Maybe Luka Burzan in return? Is that a steal for Brandon? Burzan was an early pick but as of yet hasn't really blossomed.

    Any comments? Something to ponder while waiting for the playoffs to begin.

  2. #2

    Default

    What you say does make a lot of sense,since Lambos is who they would be after. However, things need to fall into place for that to happen. From what I have seen losing Burzan would not be tragic.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Reading from people here about Brandons upcoming weakness/shortage of D-men next season. Here's a "what if".

    The Raiders own PG's first bantam pick in 2018. As it sits today, it will be a lottery pick. Let's say PA ends up with the first overall pick.

    As they sit now, PA is and will be very deep on the back end next season. Their only possibly graduating one is Budik, and it has been suggested he may return as a 20, something I would love to see, even as a 2-spotter. Since returning from the world juniors, he has taken his play to the next level. Besides Budik being a 20, they will have a bunch of 19s, plus Belcourt a 18. On top of them, Hunt needs to find space for Kaiden Guhle and Adam Herold (captain of the AAA Regina Pat Canadians).

    Now what would Brandon pay to get PA's "first" pick, if it is indeed #1? I know fans here are drooling over Lambos. I am thinking some kind of multi player deal.
    How about they trade first round picks, and Brandon takes for instance Max Martin. He is a pretty solid dman with a good offensive upside. Maybe Luka Burzan in return? Is that a steal for Brandon? Burzan was an early pick but as of yet hasn't really blossomed.

    Any comments? Something to ponder while waiting for the playoffs to begin.
    Ha for a trade to happen it will likely need to be a 3 way with Victoria included! Seriously though, interesting post! Would lambos report, if that’s who Bdn would pick # 1?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

  4. #4

    Default

    Sorry I rushed that post. I meant to add PA also getting one of Brandons 2nd rounders in 2018. If not Burzan than who? Pretty sure Hunt would want a quality 17 or 18 forward.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Sorry I rushed that post. I meant to add PA also getting one of Brandons 2nd rounders in 2018. If not Burzan than who? Pretty sure Hunt would want a quality 17 or 18 forward.
    C'mon on fellas, Burzan is going to be special. No way Brandon is giving him up. Would imagine we have the inside line on Lambos as is ... why you think his brother is here?

  6. #6

    Default

    How would you have the "inside Line"? Has he told the rest of the leagues GMs he would only play in Brandon? Please explain. What happens when he gets picked number 1 (where he is rated to go) by another team?

  7. #7

    Default

    With PA's SO loss in Regina, it clinched the first WC spot for the WK. so we play MH.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    With PA's SO loss in Regina, it clinched the first WC spot for the WK. so we play MH.
    Not quite. If We win both games against MJ and Regina loses both then we take third. Highly unlikely thoufh. So yeah med hat first round.

  9. #9

    Default

    Why would we want to get into 3rd place and face SC? Maybe we should rest some of our top players?

  10. #10

    Default

    True but MJ will be resting players as well... So not sure how these weekend games are going to go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •