Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST ROUND PLAYOFFS…PATS vs BRONCOS

Pats lose 3-0 in Swift Current to the Bronco's in game 1. Gabrielle and Paddock were both scratched. Swift Current came out flying in the first period and scored all 3 goals in the first period. The Bronco's benefited from a nice bounce off of the back wall on the first goal, then followed that up with two power play goals. The Pats found their legs in the second and third periods, but were unable to beat Stuart Skinner. The closest the Pats came to scoring was when Sam Steel hit the post/cross bar with approximately 40 seconds left in the second period.

The Pats need to generate better quality scoring chances and stay out of the penalty box.

In other news, the Prince Albert Raiders beat the Moose Jaw Warriors 5-3 in Moose Jaw tonight.
    Last edited by Reider; 03-23-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Anything can happen in any one game. Last night Kelowna got beat 5-0. Tonight the Pats lost 3-0. MH is hammering Brandon, Lethbridge hammering Red Deer and PA beating MJ. Anything can happen in Playoffs. A lucky bounce and a bad goal by Kubic were the primary difference. The Pats were god awful tonight and this lays in the laps of Steel, Hebig, Mahura and Hajek. These guys were the reason they lost. If your leaders won't lead, your followers won't follow. Kubic should have never been started and it was major error by Paddock for not playing Gabrielle. Kubic is the kind of goalie who will shut the door after the animals are out of the barn. I would have gone with Max. Skinner had an easy night's work. I don't think the Pats had five good scoring chances all night. Every night brings something different.

Chopper--you must know something that nobody else knows. Kubic and Gabrielle were rumoured to have injuries at the rink tonight. Their is absolutely now way Max was sitting in the crowd just because John decided to use Kubic. I guarantee that Max Paddock is the number one goalie in the eye of the coaching staff. Gabrielle was a guy they definitely could have used in the first.....assuming he could play physical while staying out of the box.

Regina could learn lots from Swift tonight....the rink was absolutely rocking. Some good natured ribbing was easily targeted my way.....but the pre-game band, beer/hotdog for $5, and free large cowbells made for an electric atmosphere.

Lets tie it up tomorrow night. Go PATS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats7 View Post
    Chopper--you must know something that nobody else knows. Kubic and Gabrielle were rumoured to have injuries at the rink tonight. Their is absolutely now way Max was sitting in the crowd just because John decided to use Kubic. I guarantee that Max Paddock is the number one goalie in the eye of the coaching staff. Gabrielle was a guy they definitely could have used in the first.....assuming he could play physical while staying out of the box.

Regina could learn lots from Swift tonight....the rink was absolutely rocking. Some good natured ribbing was easily targeted my way.....but the pre-game band, beer/hotdog for $5, and free large cowbells made for an electric atmosphere.

Lets tie it up tomorrow night. Go PATS GO!
    Yes it would appear that both were evidently not good to go. It's always good to learn of these things after the fact in the LP's post game synopsis.

It's unfortunate to hear that Paddock is on the shelf because Kubic has been victimized by a weak goal in nearly every game he has played for us this year. That rarely occurs with Max.

While I wasn't able to get to SC I was with most of the mortals who had to watch on the screen. It was painfully obvious that the Broncos were ready to go tonight and the Pats on the other hand were not.

Some stupid penalties and few iffy calls but that's what happens when you're playing crappy as a team. They will need to be a whole lot better tomorrow night.

If Gabrielle is out Pats may be swept.
    Really who cares who wins Pats in Mem Cup!

When did paddock and Gabrielle get hurt? Upper or lower?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    If Gabrielle is out Pats may be swept.
    Really who cares who wins Pats in Mem Cup!
    Who cares? Buying your way into a tournament LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    When did paddock and Gabrielle get hurt? Upper or lower?
    I do not know first hand, but from what I gathered, Paddock was injured in practice (mid body injury), while Gabrielle sustained a lower body injury in the last regular season game of the year. Both are apparently day to day.

Pats beat the Bronco's 2-1 in Swift Current tonight to tie the series 1-1. Jesse Gabrielle and Max Paddock were scratched again. The Pats came out flying tonight and played as a team for a full 60 minutes. Not once, but twice did Sam Steel put the puck on Cameron Hebig's tape, who then put it past Stuart Skinner. Ryan Kubic was fantastic on goal tonight for the Pats. He only let one goal in, when three Pats defenders were sleeping in front of the net, which allowed Max Patterson to find an open Kaden Elder sneaking in. Elder put it over Kubic's glove.

The Pats took a lot of bad penalties again tonight, however it did not cost them as the Bronco's were 0/7 on the power play. The Pats needed this road win badly as a loss would have put them down two games in the series heading into game 3 in Regina.

Your Pats played a good defensive game tonight! Your goalie stood on his head! Deserved win. I think the Broncos lost tonight due to lack of physical play. We hit a lot harder in game one and lost that in game two. Where and why is Gabrielle not playing? I read he was Injured during last regular season game? That sucks for a Bronco fan like me...with his undisciplined play!! Congrats, and enjoy games 3&4.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions