Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST ROUND PLAYOFFS…PATS vs BRONCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    Pats beat the Bronco's 2-1 in Swift Current tonight to tie the series 1-1. Jesse Gabrielle and Max Paddock were scratched again. The Pats came out flying tonight and played as a team for a full 60 minutes. Not once, but twice did Sam Steel put the puck on Cameron Hebig's tape, who then put it past Stuart Skinner. Ryan Kubic was fantastic on goal tonight for the Pats. He only let one goal in, when three Pats defenders were sleeping in front of the net, which allowed Max Patterson to find an open Kaden Elder sneaking in. Elder put it over Kubic's glove.

The Pats took a lot of bad penalties again tonight, however it did not cost them as the Bronco's were 0/7 on the power play. The Pats needed this road win badly as a loss would have put them down two games in the series heading into game 3 in Regina.
    Yup it was a good tight playoff game, however until the goal by Swift Current the Pats were pretty much in control of the game. Paddock didn't want to comment on the officiating of theses games because as he said, he would just get in "trouble" (PP's 15-9 is ridiculous. Those were not 15-9 games. When JP gets mad you know it was seriously bad. Watching the games I have to concur that it was very "odiferous" and needs to be cleaned up. Even last night Andrews was obviously affected, although he never ever has a negative comment about them. It's something the league had better get cleaned up. How standards change based on the color of the uniform is untenable.

The Pats showed when they play their game they will be very formidable. The games last weekend showed that and when they went back to their regular style last night, they had success. This is the style of game you will probably see the rest of the way. It remains to be seen who will be standing after a seven game series of this type of hockey. The Pats have taken back home ice advantage so now it's up to them to do something about. It's a tough series but I like their chances.
    Last edited by chopper; 03-25-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da genius View Post
    First star of the game .. shutout..... Stuart skinner
    Whl Goalie of the week Skinner

First star 4-1 broncos win Skinner

If only Paddock valued that position imagine how good the Pats woulda been , could be

Pats lose game three 4-1 to the Bronco's in Regina. Jesse Gabrielle was back in the line up tonight. It really didn't feel like a playoff game tonight. The Pats didn't come out flying or hitting and had a few unnecessary defensive breakdowns in their own end. The Bronco's looked like the better team and could have went up 3 goals on the Pats sooner than they did.

The Bronco's scored 4 goals on 24 shots, while the Pats scored 1 goal on 40 shots. Matt Bradley had a few good chances and Nick Henry had a nice re-direct in front of the net that he could not get to go into the net. Penalties were a wash as each team had 5 power play opportunitites. The Bronco's were 1/5 on the PP, while the Pats were 0/5. The Pats should have probably scored on their first PP opportunity. They had some chances, they just couldn't put it into the net.

Ryan Kubic wasn't great in net for the Pats tonight, but the players in front of him didn't do a good enough job limiting the amount of grade a scoring chances either.

At some point you just have to give credit to the Bronco's and Stuart Skinner for outplaying the Pats tonight.

First star of the game .. shutout..... Stuart skinner
    Whl Goalie of the week Skinner

First star 4-1 broncos win Skinner

If only Paddock valued that position imagine how good the Pats woulda been , could be
    Are you going to do this every time they drop a game?

Well to you it's a dropped game to me Paddock dropped ball on the last two seasons with his trade and deadline moves. So ya I may mention it
    It's just my opinion if you love the crew he has assembled that's great I have no problem that.

I think it's pretty obvious to anyone who watched the game Monday that Swift Current is a better team. They just want it more.

When you see a team blocking shots the way they were you know they are in playoff mode. The Pats just aren't giving the same effort...so combine that with not being as talented and its gonna be SC in 5 or 6 games.

On the bright side, I'm sure their will be plenty of tickets available for Pats fans to go watch MJ and SC in Mosaic Place. That'll be a great series!

Quote Originally Posted by cflrules View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious to anyone who watched the game Monday that Swift Current is a better team. They just want it more.

When you see a team blocking shots the way they were you know they are in playoff mode. The Pats just aren't giving the same effort...so combine that with not being as talented and its gonna be SC in 5 or 6 games.

On the bright side, I'm sure their will be plenty of tickets available for Pats fans to go watch MJ and SC in Mosaic Place. That'll be a great series!
    Well I guess it wasnt obvious to me that Swift Current was the better team....not from Game 3 anyways. Swift was definitely the better team in Game 1. I agree that Swift blocked more shots, but that also means that the Pats had control of the puck. Swifts top line is more talented, that is where it stops. The Broncos first goal was after the fourth line iced the puck, then got stuck against the top line. The second goal was a PP goal after a too many men penalty. The third goal was the fourth lines first shift since the first goal. The last goal in my opinion was soft. So argue lots of different things but to claim that Swift was clearly better.....just not true. Swift was clearly better in Game 1. The Pats might lose the series, but lets not get carried away when they are down 2-1 in the series.

Well Skinner pulled, guess I was wrong about everything and the Pats trades were awesome good move not trading for Skinner

I could say that but no that's what someone who doesn't know hockey would say... It's 2 games to 2 and I predicted 4 games to 2 for Swift things are right on pace.

You should have some talent after dumping 3 years of first 3 rounds worth of picks. Pats can win some games I just don't think they could ever win a mem cup with this crew and I still say swift wins this series

Interesting Tidbit after 4 games
    Swift Current- 5 Even Strength Goals, 6 PP Goals
    Regina- 6 Even Strength Goals, 3 PP Goals

I really didnt think the game tonight was that much different even strength than Game 3. The difference, the Pats got 2 PP goals plus a few Skinner would like back.....before they started taking penalties and giving up 3 Swift PP goals. I thought reffing benefited Regina the first half of the game....the less calls against both teams benefits Regina. Swifts PP is just too good to have 7 chances each. Then the refs called some cheap crap later in the game.........I am so sick of talking about how bad the officials in this league are (both ways).....but it is so true.

Pats win game four at home against the Bronco's 6-3. What an incredible performance, especially the first 10 minutes of the game. This was probably their best performance of the season. They came out with a purpose. The skating, the work ethic, the crisp passes and hard accurate shots. Everything was done with a purpose tonight and I think that was the difference between this game and game 3. The Pats were on their game tonight. Of course it wasn't a perfect game. The second half of the first period slowed down and the Pats got into penalty troubles later in the game and the Bronco's made them pay. It's difficult to complain about the goaltending when the all three Bronco's goals were on the man disadvantage. They never scored any even strength goals. Kubic did his job tonight. After Libor Hajek got ran over by Josh Anderson, the game became physical, which is good. I'm just glad that Hajek is okay and was able to return in the second period.

As for the officiating, I generally don't comment on it, but I will tonight. The game started with the refs basically keeping their whistles in their pockets. It's the playoffs, so I'm good with that. Let the players play. Both teams got away with multiple (I counted 6 or so between the two teams) what-normally-would-be penalties in the regular season, early on in the game. The refs didn't start calling penalties until the players forced them to. It started when Glen Gawdin cross checked a Pats player who did not even have the puck. I have no problem with that. The players started pushing the limits too far and forced the referee's hands. Some players (on both teams I believe, but for sure the Pats) got away with minor tripping infractions tonight, which is rare. Obviously the more serious tripping penalties ended up getting called. The call that made me flinch the most was when Hebig? was called for slashing Scissons. It looked like Scissons took a dive or fell over on his own. Either way, the ref's let a lot of weaker calls go over the course of the game, which I think is a good thing in the playoffs. The Pats got away with some calls too, so I really have no complaints about the officiating. I think they tried their best to call a fair game and let the players play. Just remember that referee's are human and it is a developmental league for them too.

The Pats will need to bring their A game for the rest of the series if they want to win it. They're going to have to win at least one more game in Swift Current.