Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off Season

Is Thompson that tough or just huge? Does he play tough? I need to see some proof of his pugilistic talents before I would agree to your statement, Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Is Thompson that tough or just huge? Does he play tough? I need to see some proof of his pugilistic talents before I would agree to your statement, Joe.
    From what people have told me, no one really wants to fight him. The Deroose fight this year was probably a highlight of his this year and kudos to Deroose for standing in there but I thought he took a good beating.

I wouldn't even know where to slot him into the lineup anyways.

To me Thompson does have some talent, so he could score a few goals this year. He would make a good screen on the PP. if he was to show the same improvement this year as he did last year, he can a major part of this year's team.

One of my favourite all time wheat kings, gunnar ‘bar down’ wegleitner has been traded to the ice.

Glad he found a home as this was inevitable with our other 20 yr olds we have

Not sure Lewis be back to Jr. as he has signed with Colorado and would certainly start this season on their AHL team. This would leave the WK with a open overage spot that they could easily fill from one of the many 20's from SC or MJ.

Some of the boys will be on the ice next week helping out at the camp.

3 Wheatkings invited to the u16 camp

Grieg
    Iorio
    Kerher

If Lewis isn’t sent back it would be nice to see us go after jermaine Loewen from Kamloops. Big kid who will put up 40+ goals if he returns as an overager.

The WHL has adopted a new policy regarding trading of young players. After last season's marathon trades at the deadline the league took a lot of criticism for allowing this mass movement of young prospects. Many felt this fiasco hurt the league' s image regarding moving young players and that this practice made the option of the college route more attractive and easier for the NCCA teams to recruit top talent. With is in mind the league adopted a policy where 15 and 16 year old signed prospects cannot be traded and that 17 year olds could not be traded unless the player requests a trade. With this policy it will help to get commitments from bantam drafts and will certainly ramp up the importance of your scouting staffs and the need for more skillful bantam drafting. This policy will really help the WK as they have 3 first rounders next year and lately have really expanded their scouting staff.