Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off Season

Off topic stuff
    but... what’s everyone’s thoughts on Crim walking into the nhl and potentially winning a cup in his first year? A part of me is cheering for him. But a part of me is saying there’s no way an expansion team should be able to win a cup in their first season. They should have to go through the rebuilds and the hardships that every other team has been through. Took the jets 7 years to build a powerhouse. if they do win I’m happy for crim and Reaves. Was nice seeing kelly take some time off from Vegas to come watch the wheaties playoff games in Alberta. You could see him yelling into his phone during each intermission (I assume ripping on anning and his stupid coaching).

Quote Originally Posted by CrushKillDestroy View Post
    Wheat King blue line next season:
    Higson
    Hartje
    Bukac
    Wytinck
    Ettinger
    Schneider
    Salame
    Nychuk
    Lambos
    Iorio
    Sambrook?

Have to believe some spots are going to be opened up for at least two or three of the rookies. Training camp will be interesting.
    Jack Zayat will push for a spot as well, but maybe one more year od seasoning will be best for him
    Kudo's to the WK's for all these signings, be nice to convince Thorpe and bettens to come on board and build a great team!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Can't see the team bringing Sambrook back. Not an WHL defenceman especially now with all the other choices the team has. Could be a number of newcomers pushing the vets at training camp. The future of the team looks very good again with the recent signings and the number of high draft picks next year. Not sure about the goaltending though.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Jack Zayat will push for a spot as well, but maybe one more year od seasoning will be best for him
    Kudo's to the WK's for all these signings, be nice to convince Thorpe and bettens to come on board and build a great team!
    That's why I left Zayat off the list, I am presuming one year of AAA midget in Alberta.

But...he is a high-skill player and could surprise.

If you look at the last 2 drafts you can sure see Brandon sure has changed direction in there Scout Manitoba hard and draft a lot of Manitoba kids . I guess that’s the price of being perineal winners . You see Moose Jaw and Regina are drafting a ton of Manitoba kids now . If it works for Brandon they must figure it will work for them . I think it was easier to sign Manitoba kids but they have proved they can sign the west kids as well now . I think Armstrong is doing a excellent job with this team . I hope he goes gets a impact defencemen but other then that hes A+ from me .

Went to the prospects intra-squad game today and am impressed with the following players. Of the 02's who would be 16 this year the following looked very good, in no particular order--Ridley Grieg, Ty Thorpe, Conner Unger, Ty Whitford, and the most impressive was Vince Iorio, very poised d-man with great size and shot. Glad we signed him. Of the 01's who would be 17 this year, Chad Nychuck, Ethan Kruger,Jayson Szun,Neithan Salame. Lyndon McCallum who would be 18 looked very good also. But I was more impressed by some of the 03's who are not even eligible this year. Some were Dylan James, Jaxon Dube,Brett Hyland, Jake Chaisson, Charles Larsen and the two Saskatchewan d-men Hammet and Hoffrogge certainly did not look out of place on the ice. This group looks fantastic if the team gets them all signed. Overall the two best players were Grieg and Iorio with Iorio getting the nod as the best player I saw this morning.

Iorio was the best player out there I think. I hope he can adjust to the league he looks like a potential NHL player. Grieg is also looking very good definitely one of the better players. The 03s all looked really good. I like Jayson Szun a lot could be a surprise player this year. Thorpe is really good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    Iorio was the best player out there I think. I hope he can adjust to the league he looks like a potential NHL player. Grieg is also looking very good definitely one of the better players. The 03s all looked really good. I like Jayson Szun a lot could be a surprise player this year. Thorpe is really good as well.
    What are the thoughts on Thorpe signing? I liked him a lot today. Also liked hyland and of course Iorio
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It's going to be a good fight to see who our D will be this year. Outside the for sure players of Higson, Schneider and Hartje... Bukac (Drafted player)will be back and probably Wytinck (MB boy), Ettinger is 18 so have to give him the nod as well. Leaving two spots.. Iorio and Nychuk are the two with Salame showing good signs as being a WHL player as well. We are actually looking pretty good on D in the coming years with more to come with next years high draft picks.

Who was left off the "who I like" list above, I have to say Drayson Collyer looked good too. A gritty style our team needs and decent hands too. Every shift yesterday was all out. Had the Black looking over their shoulders often.

Collyer is def a pest out there, I assumed after Dauphin made a big veal of signing him he wasn’t going to be in the mix for Bdn this year
    Anyone know why Zayat was absent?