Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off Season

Bettens and a second round pick this year for Martin

That sounds like a reasonable trade. 14 points in 49 games is not bad for a 17 year old. Martin can work the powerplay and could be a decent 20 the following season.

The WK have a good chance to re-stock the cupboards at this year's bantam draft with 1 first and 3 second round choices with one being the first or second pick in the second round. They need to do their homework and draft kids that will report. They could also trade some of those picks for players. Any rumours as to which players they may be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    The WK have a good chance to re-stock the cupboards at this year's bantam draft with 1 first and 3 second round choices with one being the first or second pick in the second round. They need to do their homework and draft kids that will report. They could also trade some of those picks for players. Any rumours as to which players they may be looking at?
    Use one or two of our draft picks for a good big veteran defencemen. Unless Brandon plans on getting rid of bukac, i doubt they draft a euro this year. Kaut is Definitely coming and will be a big part of our offence next year. Our offence will be one of the best in the leagues especially if Lewis comes back. Some holes on defence for sure. I'm happy with Myskiw as our starter for now, although I think Kruger will start a ton of games next year as well. There will be very little room for rookies to crack this lineup next year which in a way is unfortunate.

Higson and Schneider will be our top pairing next year and I think Schneider is the next Hobbs if he can develop more of a mean streak. I think Hartje will be solid for us. I liked his hustle and grind on the playoffs. I like ettinger a lot and he will be more relied upon in the future. Wyting should probably play junior B next year but probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    I wonder if Lambos gets picked by Edmonton does Brandon trade older Brother there ?
    Makes far more sense to me that BDN got the older brother as a way to help secure the younger one.

Wonder what BDN would have to throw in with the #15 to move up? Is there some type of points value chart? Similar to the NFL that guides teams.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    Makes far more sense to me that BDN got the older brother as a way to help secure the younger one.

Wonder what BDN would have to throw in with the #15 to move up? Is there some type of points value chart? Similar to the NFL that guides teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post

Unless Lambos is willing to use the NCAA option to discourage teams not to pick him then it’s a mute point. If Edmonton does pass on him then Bdn could look at trading with Kootenay or PA but it would be costly. From what I am hearing Edmonton will most likely select Lambos. And if that’s the case then Bdn should look at moving the older Lambos there for an 18-19 year old D man Or a future prospect. It would likely help Edmonton get the younger Lambos to sign so Bdn could use that to get a good player or prospect. And I am sure the Lambos family would be thrilled to have the 2 boys on the same team. It could be a win-win situation for everyone.

I'm sure if the WK really want Lambos, they would make Edmonton an offer they would not turn down. Edmonton can reap a real windfall in terms of a top prospect or a player and some high draft choices to swap places with the WK in the draft. Not sure the WK would want to give up a package of picks and or players that Edmonton would want. Not too sure who they would get at pick #11. Not sure how denim dan knows for sure that Kaut is coming! But yes him and Lewis along with Mattheos could score a lot of goals next year.

I hope they dont over pay to go up that high . I have heard people talk that we’re at the POE camp in Winnipeg that he didn’t stick out as much as they hoped . So if he is a Patrick type of player I don’t think you do it .

I would also like to Know how you Know Kaut is coming here for sure next year . Please share your knowledge Denim