Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Sandman the last 2 years were the rebuilding years . This year should reverse the standing . Now thatís why they play the games you never know who will be at the top .
    I guess I was thinking that because they traded arguably their 2 best players at the deadline last season (and obviously cleaned up with the returns they received). Not much doubt if they are near the top this year they will be in a position to improve even more with the amount of 1st round picks to barter with.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I think the East is between PA and Brandon, so the WK are kind of going for it by drafting now players not future players. Their luck with imports has not that good anyways. Just my thoughts on why they drafted 2 19 yr olds.Brannstrom is the real deal so would be one of the top d-men in the league.
    I hope you're right about PA. The Raiders still have an open 20 spot to fill, and of course its yet to be seen if our new euro reports, and if so - will he make an impact? With the devastating Broncos crash the team also lost one of their best prospects, Adam Herold. He was a lock to make the team this year which would have given the team an opportunity to trade one of their older d-men.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I guess I was thinking that because they traded arguably their 2 best players at the deadline last season (and obviously cleaned up with the returns they received). Not much doubt if they are near the top this year they will be in a position to improve even more with the amount of 1st round picks to barter with.
    Neither of those guys could come back this year though, so if anything the rebuild term should have applied last year. Of course, Playoffs were made and a series won on top of it. So the rebuild stage was short lived.

So it seems likely they will send us Brannstrom. Too the contrary Brannstrom wasn't some dominate superstar last year. He isn't "too good" for the CHL. He was ok at the world juniors and a bit of a defensive reliability there. He was manhandled a bit in the SHL playing against bigger stronger players. KM was always a proponent of 19 year olds playing Junior and not pro.

Any insight on patera, joe? Would assume we trade myskiw if he reports.

He would need to prove he is better than Miskiw first.

He was drafted so I am assuming he has some pedigree but he probably has to prove himself a bit but I don't doubt he does

Myskiw was/is a below/average WHL goalie. He was ok in the playoffs and had a couple of good games but I don't know if I want him to be our starter next year.

I agree Joe that he is a below average Dub Tender. Plus in my opinion if you Thought Myskiw was good enough you wouldn't draft a 19 year goalie. I think its a major mistake if they don't have Kruger on this team this year. He needs to get some game experience as he is the future.

Kruger should get 30 percent of the starts this year if he’s as good as they say. Patera told the Vegas media he’s excited to come play in Brandon. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the last time we have had an NHL-drafted goalie was Tyler Plante? Also don’t remember if we have ever had a euro goalie?