Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off Season

Hey Folks.

Last season I made some prediction prior to the seaon starting and doing the same thing this year releasing on a team by team basis.
    I released my first team Today which was brandon. Anybody want to look over it and see if I made any big omissions/errors/mistakes??

Here is the page post.

http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/2018/0...eat-kings.html
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma View Post
    Hey Folks.

Last season I made some prediction prior to the seaon starting and doing the same thing this year releasing on a team by team basis.
    I released my first team Today which was brandon. Anybody want to look over it and see if I made any big omissions/errors/mistakes??

Here is the page post.

http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/2018/0...eat-kings.html
    Nice work. brannstrom and patera more than likely play in Brandon this season. Only way brannstrom doesnít come is if he cracks Vegas lineup which is unlikely. They expect Kaut to play AHL. Also believe Lewis is more of a 50/50 chance of getting sent back. If not I see us acquiring a solid 20 year old scorer. Either way I think we are favourites to win the division, with PA and sask challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Nice work. brannstrom and patera more than likely play in Brandon this season. Only way brannstrom doesnít come is if he cracks Vegas lineup which is unlikely. They expect Kaut to play AHL. Also believe Lewis is more of a 50/50 chance of getting sent back. If not I see us acquiring a solid 20 year old scorer. Either way I think we are favourites to win the division, with PA and sask challenging.
    IDK, PA is nasty. Not sure we have that edge. Looking forward to it though.

Also agree that our 2 Vegas prospects should be joining us, and think Lewis is more likely to come back than play up.

As a Raider fan I was thrilled to see Hunt pick up Gregor. From my minimal knowledge, it is uncertain that he will return, although I have read his AHL team is pretty deep at forward. With the loss of Stallard, Gregor would fill that spot nicely, and both Kelly and Fonstad should be ready to be dominate first line players. If our new Euro reports, and is a quality player then I agree - PA will be a division contender for sure.

It's about time PA was a factor. They have not been a factor since Terry Simpson was the coach and GM back when Moses was a child.

Well PA can boast a Memorial Cup championship, and not from a free entrance. Plenty of teams in the dub still waiting.
    And I can say I was lucky enough to have watched the team since the 70s, and was classmates of a few of the players that won in 86.
    Last edited by sandman; 07-27-2018 at 02:31 PM.

What have you done for me lately?

I have mixed feelings of the memorial cup. It’s a great event and I’ve had the privilege of attending both 2010 and 2016 but the tournament itself is a crapshoot. One game elimination never really proves who the better team is. Calgary took us out in 5 games in the eastern conference final in 2010 and we eliminated them in one game in the mem cup. Then it happened to us in 2016... we had no problem taking the rebels out in 5 games but then they send us packing from the tournament after one overtime game. It never really proves who the better team is. It would definetly be cool to see us win one some day, but I’d rather see us stack the rafters with WHL championship banners. Maybe I’m also just a little bitter cause Brandon hasn’t had success at the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Took MJ to seven games and could of easily won that series...loading up for this year and looking forward to the upcoming season. We are not to concerned about the past right now

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Took one of the top teams in the CHL to game 7 in a series the Raiders probably deserved to win, and entertained the hell out of me in the process.
    In the past couple years Hunt has made some great trades bringing in guys such as Stallard, Miske, Pachal, Martin etc.