Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off season

Default 2018 Off season

Watching Swift and Moose Jaw go to game 7 just reinforces the fact the Raiders were that close to the top teams this past season.
    Next on the list is the soon to be bantam draft. With a tragic passing of Adam Herold I wonder how that will affect Hunt's plans. After watching Adam play last year a couple games, it was clear Rhinehart was expendable. I never knew much about the kid until after the accident. Listening to his AAA coach and his Parents, the Raiders didn't just lose a player, they lost a hell of a good kid - probably would have worn the C for the Raiders one day. I have to say I am still reeling from the news that night - for everyone involved.

In spite of Herold's passing, I think Hunt still needs to go for the best forward available. The Raiders are still deep at D, they need another high end scorer - can they find another Fonstad? At pick 3 they should end up with a future first line player.

Then there's the Euro scam draft. It's highly unlikely Budik returns, so what will they do there? Sapego should be back so we will have 1 pick. Hopefully they can grab a 2nd line worthy forward that will actually report.

We have Guhle, Weisblatt, Brook, Belcourt, Pearce and Saleski looking for full time minutes next year. We can't keep a 20yr old back up goalie so that leaves Meger out. In comes Balas as goalie... but that leaves us with only 2-20yr old spots taken, Mcdonald and Montgomery. We need a strong goal scoring 20yr old somewhere but we have 5-19yr old defenceman as trade material...Hayes, Pachal, Masella, Martin, Sapego. If we are going to make a trade it would be nice to have our team ready to go come start of next season. People keep talking about one of our listed players Olson...is he good enough to crack the lineup? Guys like Moe, Nachbauer, Krivo and especially Miller have to take the next step...Sean Tschirgerl is a highly touted forward that the Raiders might take in this years draft...Raiders need to use their second pick on a d- man....

I agree it would be nice to see a move made sooner than later. No doubt there will be a big supply of 20's available, just hard to say how high quality they will be. Can't really see any moves on 20s being done until the season gets going and teams know who they will be getting back from pro tryouts.
    As for Miller, I don't know what happened but the promise he showed as a rookie all but disappeared this season. As a first round pick he needs to show alot more. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, he proved he can score at bantam and midget.

Is there an up to date list of bantam rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I agree it would be nice to see a move made sooner than later. No doubt there will be a big supply of 20's available, just hard to say how high quality they will be. Can't really see any moves on 20s being done until the season gets going and teams know who they will be getting back from pro tryouts.
    As for Miller, I don't know what happened but the promise he showed as a rookie all but disappeared this season. As a first round pick he needs to show alot more. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, he proved he can score at bantam and midget.

Is there an up to date list of bantam rankings?
    April 30th I hear and it will cost you 20 bucks...other than that draftgeek on dubnetwork. We need two solid lines and then barring injuries we could do pretty well next year...

Blog Entries

Budik won’t be back for sure . Will play in AHL or pro back home . Raiders prepping for CHL import draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    Budik won’t be back for sure . Will play in AHL or pro back home . Raiders prepping for CHL import draft.
    The CHL Farce draft it should be called....any idea where we pick...24th, 25th?

Blog Entries

I’m not sure where we pick . Its A crap shoot anyways but would be nice to get a top 6 forward that’s maybe a 18 or 19 year old . On top of that we have room to bring in a 20 year old forward so maybe we go with a younger d man to grow with Guhle.

WHL picks first this year... then QMJHL then OHL...so if we sit 8th from the bottom then we would get around the 24th pick overall. Is that enough to get us a top 6 pick? Who knows but it is a crap shoot...

The main thing is to get commitment from a player before drafting him. Hunt took a chance with Bokk, we end up with a wasted early pick.
    It's imperative we get a quality player that will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    The main thing is to get commitment from a player before drafting him. Hunt took a chance with Bokk, we end up with a wasted early pick.
    It's imperative we get a quality player that will show up.
    That one hurt because we had a high pick and Bokk was supposed to be a good player. The only way to fix this and level the playing field is to have imports sign a letter of intent...if they don't sign they don't get drafted. The way the draft is now is very unfair and one sided...