Thread: 2018 bantam draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2018 bantam draft

So with Braydon Clark signing today I wonder how that will affect Hunts first pick tomorrow? Anyone know much about this kid? Not very big but plenty of pims.

I think the Raiders will take Jayden Grubbe...a goal scorer with size and attitude. Would we take another d-man like a Nolan Allan? I would like to see Clark perform, haven't seen him in action...

Clark is a 3rd pairing physical player. He is a year away imo but he was my favorite at camp. I have watched Allan and if the Raiders take a dman early I hope its him. If not Tschigerl would be a nice forward to add.
    Last edited by Sttop; 05-02-2018 at 08:58 PM.

So are you guys happy with the Raider picks? I really thought Hunt would go with a forward at 3rd, but Allan will help our depth on the back end in a year or 2

We are looking for a 20 yr old and a euro...will probably trade D-man /men for that. Glad we are sticking with Sask boys...sure could of used Kole Lind last year...

Tyson Laventure RW and Dean Spak C...there numbers are good, I guess we will have a look in the pre- season...
    Last edited by Lothar; 05-03-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    So are you guys happy with the Raider picks? I really thought Hunt would go with a forward at 3rd, but Allan will help our depth on the back end in a year or 2
    Not sure why you thought they would go forward at 3 ? interested in why. To me it was a no brainer going with a dman because other then the 19 year old dmen (who wont be here after next year) All that is left is Belcourt, Guhle and possibly Clark. Also remember that last year Saleski, Wiesblatt, Brook and Herman were all taken and signed. All can and most likely will play here. In reality the Raider could have 4 16 year olds on the roster next year. Not saying they can but 4 are ready.

Is Herman signed? I missed that one...

Well because we took a D first last year. I would think either Pachal or Martin will play as a 20. I dont doubt the tragic loss of Herold affected this draft though.
    I have concerns about Saleski. Considering where he was drafted his stats from last season are far from impressive. But I haven't watched him play. Do you think he warrants a top pick?