Thread: 2018/19 Season Ticket Renewal Launch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon34 2018/19 Season Ticket Renewal Launch

So I got my season ticket renewal launch email early Tuesday morning. I logged into my account manager and it looks like the price went from $300 last season to $360 this season for my specific seat. Two less home games as well this season as far as I heard. There are a a few "perks" if you renew by July 15th. Some are mainly givens in my opinion.

1. Three vouchers redeemable for a preseason tournament or preseason game *NEW*
    2. Four Treat-A-Friend Vouchers *NEW*
    3. Pats Store discount of 15%
    4. "Free" 5 month payment plan option
    5. Right of first refusal on your seat(s) for 2019 playoffs
    6. Pre-sale for special events
    7. Online ticket management

Well this roll out speaks for itself. In some cases a 20% increase in ticket prices. Who got that large of a raise this year? Combine this with the huge increases over the last few years makes these most recent increases very very concerning.
    While a few crumbs were thrown the seasons ticket holders' way, they were a partial return of what was taken away last season. This season will have 4 less games (68 game schedule) so the 4 bring a friend are back. The three pre-seasons games are back.
    The "bring a friend" vouchers partially of make up for the shorter schedule however, they are absolutely not "NEW". It's a return of what was eliminated the season before. The audacity to call this new! Pre-season games are the same thing. Not new.
    The only "NEW" thing is the 5 month no interest payment plan for people renewing. At the rate these tickets are increasing they will need to introduce 12 month check-offs from your employer in order to make the expenditure.
    The new owners may want to monitor the situation very closely. I personally know 4 people who won't be returning, and they are not the older fans. These people are younger with young families but they have been priced-out. I assume there will be more.
    It will be interesting to see how the seasons ticket base holds up. It will be interesting to see how the team pans out..

On top of it all, those benefits, if I read it correctly, are only if you renew by July 15. With the rising price, less games, obviously a lesser product on the ice, these things should not be early bird perks. I'm really becoming less and less impressed with the way they're running the business side of things. Maybe this is to help offset the the loss taken by the millionaires club??......

Took a look at the adult season ticket prices (I am working off the assumption that the posters here are not toddlers) around the Eastern Conference.

Brandon - $475
    Moose Jaw - $460
    Prince Albert - $538
    Saskatoon - $625
    Swift Current - $377
    Calgary - $494
    Edmonton - $575
    Lethbridge - $591
    Red Deer - $627
    Medicine Hat - $603
    Kootenay - $510

I can't confirm that the season tickets are actually $360 in Regina, because for some reason, despite being "primetime" for season ticket renewals, they actually have no season ticket pricing on their website (unlike EVERY other team in the Eastern Conference)... But based on Zeke's post, if season tickets are in fact $360, they are nearly 30-40% less than nearly every market in the Eastern Conference. Is the overall economy that much poorer in Regina, than in say Moose Jaw, or Prince Albert? As an outside observer, in a market where my season tickets are $627, I am having a hard time understanding how anyone in Regina could possibly be complaining about season ticket prices.

If the team does in fact run into difficulties selling season tickets (or practically giving them away as it were), I would probably be pointing fingers at their marketing department more than anything...

I believe that the "Silver" seats which were $300 last season have risen to $360 evidently.

The majority of the rink would have "Gold" seats which go out early bird at $620. This is in line with some mid size places but higher than both Edmonton and Calgary which is a bit strange. In fact Regina is substantially higher than Calgary.

It's a bit surprising with their long travel schedules, that Brandon could do it for $475. Then Moose Jaw for $460 and Swift Current for $377 (In a wealthy farming area). It seems the mid size to slightly larger cities have the higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    I believe that the "Silver" seats which were $300 last season have risen to $360 evidently.
    The silver seats, according to the seating map, comprise the 23 sections that are at the ends of the ice, and the gold is the 19 sections on either side of the ice. It is understandable that some people in Regina would be upset about ticket prices, when the person sitting across the aisle from them is paying nearly half as much for their tickets. I think the team is doing well to keep more than half the seats in the arena below league average.

This is in line with some mid size places but higher than both Edmonton and Calgary which is a bit strange. In fact Regina is substantially higher than Calgary.
    Calgary and Edmonton would pay nothing or next to nothing in arena costs, as they are owned by the Flames and Oilers ownership group/ownership respectively. If it makes you feel any better, their parking is probably exponentially more expensive and annoying.

It's a bit surprising with their long travel schedules, that Brandon could do it for $475.
    Brandon's ticket pricing has long been the envy of the entire league. I thought that this would change now that they are not the only show in Manitoba, but it has held strong so far.

Regina sports fans just love to complain about ticket prices. The outdoor game and memorial cup was expensive, but I dont get the complaints about season tickets. Depending on your outlook on things:
    $620/34 Regular Season Games= $18.24 per game
    $620/37 games (34 Regular+3 Preseason)= $16.76 per game
    $620/41 games (34 Regular+3 Preseason+4 Bring a Friend)= $15.12 per game

You cant eat one meal out for that price per game. As much as I love a full rink, I hope people cancel......I would love to upgrade my seats.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Brandon's ticket pricing has long been the envy of the entire league. I thought that this would change now that they are not the only show in Manitoba, but it has held strong so far.
    It is a little funny because around here, people used to feel like McCrimmon was robbing the Keystone Centre for many years on a sweetheart deal. Pretty sure there has been a new deal, and the prices are up a little since then. But every year the Wheaties are quick to remind everyone of low little we actually pay.

Brandon's Early Bird were actually $450 for the season, and this year they offered $99 Child (6-12) season tickets when two adult seasons were purchased. Plus a bobblehead ... apparently people are into those things.

Do like the idea of a discount or a voucher at the Team Store, that's pretty cool.